Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-08-11, 06:31 AM   #1
K007

Default Dungeon Siege 3 - Demo on Steam

god what a horrible game.....

the UI is massive and made for blind people...

and why is the HP bar green?...

horrible game...anyway i hope no one pre-ordered it.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 07:38 AM   #2
Vardant

Default Re: Dungeon Siege 3 - Demo on Steam

The HP bar goes from green to yellow to red... The UI is bigger, but it's nothing game breaking. The only problem I had was with the camera control, but otherwise, the game looks solid.
Vardant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 08:05 AM   #3
Yaboze

Not liking it. I loved the other DS games. This seems consolized, dumbed down and kid-like. Pass..and I'm a huge Diablo-type RPG fan, too.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 09:07 AM   #4
hirantha
SUC SUDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
Not liking it. I loved the other DS games. This seems consolized, dumbed down and kid-like. Pass..and I'm a huge Diablo-type RPG fan, too.
couldn't have said it better!.. Why did they do this to such a nicely done franchasie? DS1 and 2 had that uinique RPG feel, but what happened with 3 is horrible. DS series is dead to me. I was gonna order it, now they aint getting my money.

Hope Diablo 3 will keep that RPG feel going!

Look me up in AION and GW2
Game Tag: Famorak
hirantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 09:48 AM   #5
LurkerLito

Doh I preordered it based on the old games . *sigh* can't trust past history of games anymore that is just sad.

Edit: Decided to try the demo and hope I didn't hate it. And other than the Consolized GUI, it didn't seem that bad though it seemed a bit slow, but that could be because it's only the very start of the game. So I guess I'll keep the preorder.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 01:18 PM   #6
Vardant

I don't understand the hate, finished it with the second character too and there seems to be a lot of options to customize the character to suit your style. Even on normal, the block ability seems to be a must and don't get me started on hardcore.

The co-op will probably be a blast, that alone might make me purchase this game.
Vardant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 02:38 PM   #7
hirantha
SUC SUDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vardant View Post
I don't understand the hate, finished it with the second character too and there seems to be a lot of options to customize the character to suit your style. Even on normal, the block ability seems to be a must and don't get me started on hardcore.

The co-op will probably be a blast, that alone might make me purchase this game.

Have you played DS1 and 2? where is that free roaming in Ds3? why are we following a predefined path to our next object? we are playing the game the way they want?

no weight limit in DS3? i thought it didn't. kills the whole idea of inentory management. oh man i can go on and on.. Diablo 3 can't come fast enough!

Look me up in AION and GW2
Game Tag: Famorak
hirantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 03:54 PM   #8
K007

haha co-op...i guess people havent read how co-op works -.-
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-11, 11:18 PM   #9
LurkerLito

Well after finishing the demo once, I didn't think it was completely terrible, but I have played better though. My biggest issue with it is the controls (KB/Mouse) are bad. The whole console type gui is really starting to grate on me as I went along, the upgrades/talents seem limited and some of the weirdness like unable to dodge to left or right because of the control layout might be a really bad issue later in the game. From what I understand from reading the steam forums, it plays better with a controller. Still I am seriously considering canceling my preorder from D2D mainly because of the controls.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
Old 06-10-11, 05:02 PM   #10
JohnDio

Dungeon Siege III PC Performance Analysis
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-11, 05:34 PM   #11
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
As if PC gaming isn't kid-like. All video gaming is kid-like. That is noting adult about and I am fine with that. That being said the demo was boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vardant View Post
That is what video gamers do. They bitch about everything. The over-react to pretty much everything. They act as if this hobby is highbrow yet they scream like little girls at 95% of everything in their hobby.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-11, 06:11 PM   #12
LurkerLito

ROFL, if you play it via a controller it is SIGNIFICANTLY better, I just charged up my XB360 controller batteries and gave it go. That analysis in that link is spot on. It wasn't even an afterthought, they must have picked some random game and just implemented the controls exactly like that one, probably played the intro a few minutes and said it's good to go. If you play a melee character it's probably impossible to finish this game without pulling your hair out. The whole no dodging left or right made the last fight in the demo a chore but with the controller it was a pretty good fight.