Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-04-11, 11:58 PM   #109
K007

Default Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - America Under Siege teaser trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
mw3 is using a new engine? because you cannot even begin to compare the way blops looks compared to bc2. not even close.
lol u really expect iw/activision to use the new idtech engine?...

its the same engine...its just a mod...with those...awful textures....

K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-11, 12:02 AM   #110
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
I don't, but then why did you say you can compare the graphics? you can't. One's graphics are awful, and one's are very good.

Or is it because you mean graphics can be good or bad, but it is harder to judge gameplay???
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-11, 02:44 AM   #111
Redeemed

Quote:

its the same engine...its just a mod...with those...awful textures....

You know, the visuals of CoD don't really bother me. Yes, I'd appreciate some higher resolution texture, more polys, etc. What I'd really enjoy more though, is far greater focus and emphasis on the SP. More "Oohh, ahhh!" moments. I'll never forget the beginning of the first CoD where you're parachuting down, and you see the flak all around you and a plane ends up getting shot down... nothing now days but back then even though it was scripted, it looked and sounded amazing. I'm talking stuff like that. Things that are just epic to watch, and look way cool.

Don't really have that in the new ones. So maybe update the engine with higher res textures at least for the PC, more polys and maybe some other visual goodies- but then turn the turbo on for the SP campaign- really put some time into. Develop the plot, the atmosphere, and throw in those epic cinematic moments.

That'd be enough for me.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-11, 03:08 AM   #112
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
You know, the visuals of CoD don't really bother me. Yes, I'd appreciate some higher resolution texture, more polys, etc. What I'd really enjoy more though, is far greater focus and emphasis on the SP. More "Oohh, ahhh!" moments. I'll never forget the beginning of the first CoD where you're parachuting down, and you see the flak all around you and a plane ends up getting shot down... nothing now days but back then even though it was scripted, it looked and sounded amazing. I'm talking stuff like that. Things that are just epic to watch, and look way cool.

Don't really have that in the new ones. So maybe update the engine with higher res textures at least for the PC, more polys and maybe some other visual goodies- but then turn the turbo on for the SP campaign- really put some time into. Develop the plot, the atmosphere, and throw in those epic cinematic moments.

That'd be enough for me.
I have yet to finish the BO single player....i played a bit, but everytime the patch came out it restarted the entire single player story :/....and it was very unplayable on release and it took them a 2-3 months to sort out the frame rate issue.

Not being able to skip on those videos is annoying as well...they flash soo much!!!...

People who say Visuals are not important, its the gameplay that counts...yea i somewhat agree on that, but having really bad graphics can make the atmosphere of the game pretty **** as well....

its not like visuals can't be amazing...they are holding it back on purpose since consoles can't keep up....and they can't have the pc platform looking so well...

defiantly not gonna get mw3...for 90USD i rather buy BF3. or a ton of other games or even some indie games..

the plot in mw2/bo is pretty ****...refer to Duty Calls video as a perfect example of what the story is...BO just had everything exploding constantly...and add some white flashes every .5ms...
Old 06-06-11, 05:48 AM   #113
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest

The market has shown that COD players couldnt care less about the graphics. As long as a game has level progression, insta-kill melee, exploitable perks, overpowered killstreaks, and 360 degree turn sniping, it will be the best game ever.
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |

Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-11, 07:58 AM   #114
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow_Nest View Post
The market has shown that COD players couldnt care less about the graphics. As long as a game has level progression, insta-kill melee, exploitable perks, overpowered killstreaks, and 360 degree turn sniping, it will be the best game ever.
the market is consoles....

consoles dont care about graphics....all they care about is ultra bloom settings, maximum blur and ultra poop..i mean 'brown' filter...aim assist...quick time events, button = all attacks...spam it for more fancy attacks...keep spamming....
Old 06-08-11, 01:59 AM   #115
Pennyboy

I love the call of duty games, sure the graphics are not the best out there but they are still ok, I love the game play and over the top story. Multiplayer has never hooked me I prefer bad company 2.
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 x2 SLI
Corsair H100i Hydro Water Cooler
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB
Corsair AX1200i PSU
Intel 520 480GB SATA3 SSD
Western Digital 2TB Caviar Black Edition
Corsair Obsidian 900D Case
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD PCIe
Logitech Z-680 5.1 Speakers
Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard
Logitech G500s Mouse
ASUS VG236H 23.6" 120hz LCD with nVidia 3D Vision
Windows 8.1 Pro x64
Pennyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 02:06 AM   #116
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
the market is consoles....

consoles dont care about graphics....all they care about is ultra bloom settings, maximum blur and ultra poop..i mean 'brown' filter...aim assist...quick time events, button = all attacks...spam it for more fancy attacks...keep spamming....
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-11, 12:57 PM   #117
Logical

Sat and watched gameplay video's from E3 of this game...farewell CoD your time has come to an end. This iteration looks like it's even more scripted than its ever been...garbage...

Also looks as though Activisions/Bobby knobhead kaotic bottoms are beginning to twich....

Activision CEO Bobby Kotick has been mostly quiet when it comes to discussing Battlefield 3, but EA’s own CEO John Riccitiello hasn’t done the same when it comes to Modern Warfare 3. The latter has said that their game, Battlefield 3, is blatantly superior to any Call of Duty title, and that come October, it’ll beat Infinity Ward’s latest offering. Bobby Kotick finally decided to share his opinion on the matter.

When asked by the CNBC reporter what he had to say concerning EA’s John Riccitiello comments that Battlefield 3 would go up against Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and beat it, Kotick replied:

“Well so far I’ve only seen Battlefield 3 shown on a PC,” he said, “so I haven’t seen it on a console which is where the bulk of our business is. If it’s just the PC titles as it looks like today, that’s a very small audience to participate – but we always are interested in seeing what our competitors are doing.”

“I think we’ve had a lot of success with the Call of Duty franchise, the product that we’re about to release Modern Warfare 3 is a result of an enormous amount of user research, and it is what our tens of millions of players are saying they’d like to see in their next [Call of Duty] experience.”

Bobby Kotick then spoke of Call of Duty: Elite, and how it offers incredible value for free, and that gamers will choose whether they’ll want pay for extra features (still yet to be unfolded). EA’s offering a comparable service free of charge.

http://www.gamesthirst.com/2011/06/0...battlefield-3/
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 02:27 PM   #118
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
What a dicky comment about the PC community...
IDD Kaotic needs a lot of egg on his face and this year he might just get that.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 04:29 PM   #119
Pennyboy

Just proves that he doesnt care about the PC community. And it's not a small market game devs can make a truck load from PC sales, they just have to DO it right, most don't. Bf 3 looks to be done right and they will be rewarded with sales! I think mw 3 will sell but not like it has in the past.
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 x2 SLI
Corsair H100i Hydro Water Cooler
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB
Corsair AX1200i PSU
Intel 520 480GB SATA3 SSD
Western Digital 2TB Caviar Black Edition
Corsair Obsidian 900D Case
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD PCIe
Logitech Z-680 5.1 Speakers
Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard
Logitech G500s Mouse
ASUS VG236H 23.6" 120hz LCD with nVidia 3D Vision