Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-09-11, 07:15 PM   #61
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Default Re: Nintendo Wiiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/09/wi...ts-one-wiipad/

The console can only support one controller... and I doubt this is a design decision.
Wow... Nintendo is so weird.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-11, 09:28 AM   #62
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

NintendoFAIL.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-11, 10:45 AM   #63
Q

The LOL is strong with this discovery.
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-11, 12:17 PM   #64
nicorulez

One thing that is very strange is that they have a controller that is essentially a crippled tablet. You cannot use the tablet away from the Wii U as it has not discrete GPU or processor I believe. Moreover, when I am gaming on a flat screen from six-eight feet away why in the world would I divert my attention to the controller screen. It removes the immersion from the gaming experience. Moreover, the controller looks kind of bulky like a IPAD2 but much uglier. I know I get tired of holding a IPAD after a bit and put it on a stand of some sort. Strange decision.

As I said before the guts may actually be decent and the console have some improved power over the PS3 or XB360. However, i seriously doubt anyone who is serious would want to game with that controller. Also, do we know if it will output true 1080p or be limited to 720p and then interpolated up to 1080p??? Seriously, is this really gonna be competition to the PS4 or XB360??? Hell, a moderate PC from today would probaby annihilate it. Some years ago, a hgh end PC could not touch the latest console for a year or two.
nicorulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-11, 12:25 PM   #65
Zelda_fan

lol yeah whatever nico.

People said the same thing about the Wii when it first came out. And it practically set a record for sales on day 1.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-11, 12:38 PM   #66
nicorulez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post
lol yeah whatever nico.

People said the same thing about the Wii when it first came out. And it practically set a record for sales on day 1.
Ok Zelda , I figured you would have been the first response. Let's go through the math if you will. The Wii, while wildly popular with pre-pubescent children (ala Zelda) and soccer moms, was abandoned en masse by all the big name publishers. Name me a game besider Mario Galaxy (I believe) that had any mass appeal. The biggest games were party games. The graphics sucked and barely better then the Gamecube. No HD. Financial success, but critically very weak. Best games hands down are on the XB360 and then the PS3.

The Wii U...reinventing the wheel again. Funky controller, questionable power considering it is released five years after the other guys, and still no Blu Ray. Proprietary CD/DVD tech. Limited tablet controller...now if it were fifty percent of a IPAD2 then cool...but alas it is not. I just don't see it. The average twelve year will jump for joy but get your average 20-40 year old gamer and it is not a console you are salivating over.

Personally, I am waiting for the XB720 or PS4. They may be revolutionary. The WiiU is just an update on what the Wii should have been five years ago. Have fun with NintendoDogs 2
Old 06-10-11, 12:44 PM   #67
DiscipleDOC

Do you guys know how to debate without resorting to name calling? Obviously not.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-11, 12:54 PM   #68
nicorulez

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC View Post
Do you guys know how to debate without resorting to name calling? Obviously not.
Where is the debate? Where is the name calling. Prepubescent children is now name calling. I thought it was fact

Old 06-10-11, 02:03 PM   #69
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicorulez View Post
Financial success, but critically very weak. Best games hands down are on the XB360 and then the PS3.
I'd agree the other systems have better games in general but the Wii's (admittedly few) first party games make it worth the asking price.

This new system looks very odd and the controller especially looks very uncomfortable and gimmicky. You made a good point about looking from your TV screen to the controller breaking immersion and I still don't understand how this tablet-controller is supposed to enhance gameplay aside from adding unnecessary complexity to the game's controls. I'm reminded of Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow and its pointless "trace lines to kill the boss" sections.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-11, 02:07 PM   #70
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
I'd agree the other systems have better games in general but the Wii's (admittedly few) first party games make it worth the asking price.

This new system looks very odd and the controller especially looks very uncomfortable and gimmicky. You made a good point about looking from your TV screen to the controller breaking immersion and I still don't understand how this tablet-controller is supposed to enhance gameplay aside from adding unnecessary complexity to the game's controls. I'm reminded of Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow and its pointless "trace lines to kill the boss" sections.
I use to think that but after playing Mario Kart and Zelda for the 10th time with only minor changes to their gameplay I cannot see the value anymore. After seeing the Skyward Sword gameplay I am just so not interested in it. Its basically Wind Waker with flight, I mean they even mentioned that you will have to return the the main island multiple times throughout the story... ugh.
Old 06-10-11, 02:12 PM   #71
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Well I really liked Metroid Prime 3 and Mario Galaxy. The Wii port of Resident Evil 4 was the definitive version of the game too, in my opinion. But nowadays the system just collects dust or people come over and we play Wii Bowling. Yeah I'm done with the Zelda franchise. I couldn't make it through TP, not because it was a bad game, but because it just felt like I'd already played it a hundred times before (since I actually did play OoT quite a few times).
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-11, 02:30 PM   #72
Bman212121

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomy942 View Post
this lowered my interest level
+1. That kind of takes away some of the usefulness.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote