Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-16-11, 10:53 AM   #217
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest
Default Re: Duke Nukeum Forever has gone Gold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg View Post
lmao so true. I was also one of those kids who played D3D back in the 90s, a friend intro'ed it to me. And i played it plenty. Now that i look back at it, i think D3D was quite revolutionary for its time... Even more than this piece of junk.
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |

Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-11, 03:25 PM   #218
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar
Default Re: Official Duke Nukem Forever Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg View Post
from BN-

DNF Review Dust Up

Ars Technica http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2...ve-reviews.ars
has a screenshot of a since-deleted tweet from PR firm The Redner Group with an overt threat about negative reviews of Duke Nukem Forever, saying: "#AlwaysBetOnDuke too many went too far with their reviews...we r reviewing who gets games next time and who doesn't based on today's venom." A follow-up tweet backs off from this and apologizes: "I have to apologize to the community. I acted out of pure emotion. I will be sending each of you a private apology." A pair of subsequent tweets stress that this was Redner acting on its own, and that "2K had nothing to do with this." As of this writing the Metacritic scores for the first-person shooter sequel are 57 for the PC edition, 56 for the Xbox 360 edition, and 48 for the PlayStation 3 edition.

Fired..

http://www.tgdaily.com/business-and-...-nukem-threats
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-11, 03:29 PM   #219
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post

Owned.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-11, 03:41 PM   #220
HiCZoK4

I would be ****ing mad if someone would review my game like that too
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-11, 03:58 PM   #221
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK4 View Post
I would be ****ing mad if someone would review my game like that too
Why? Make a game that doesn't suck, then you don't have to worry about bad reviews.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-11, 03:59 PM   #222
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Why? Make a game that doesn't suck, then you don't have to worry about bad reviews.
Not only that, you can't please everyone all the time.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-11, 04:01 PM   #223
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC View Post
Not only that, you can't please everyone all the time.
Yep. I can understand the PR guy's frustration given how much time/effort/money they sunk into advertising the game though.
Old 06-16-11, 04:03 PM   #224
ViN86

Looks Like Take Two is having a rough time with LA Noire and Duke Nukem Forever sales both not living up to expectations...

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...ashes-Take-Two

Quote:
The sucking toilet swirl that is Duke Nukem Forever and lower-than-expected sales of L.A. Noire have taken a pretty big bite out of Take-Two's stock value.

The release of L.A Noire, Rockstar's latest magnum opus, coupled with the decade-late-but-still-anticipated launch of Duke Nukem Forever, must have looked like can't-miss good news to everyone at Take-Two Interactive. That expectation probably makes the recent slide in the company's share value even tougher to swallow, because those are the games being blamed for it.

Take-Two's share price fell by more than four percent yesterday and while the company remains up more than 20 percent for the year, it's slipped by over 15 percent since mid-May. Two factors, according to MarketWatch, are likely to blame: first, while L.A. Noire was the top-selling game for the month, it managed only 899,000 unit sales, a very impressive mark but well below the one million unit sales predicted by some analysts. It's also way behind the 1.5 million sales of Red Dead Redemption, which moved roughly 1.5 million units over the same period last year.

And then there's the Duke. Despite all the hype, not to mention a development cycle that stretches back into the 90s, Duke Nukem Forever has been almost universally panned by critics, notching a Metacritic score of 49 on the Xbox 360 and 57 on the PC and PlayStation 3. That's "unmitigated disaster" territory right there.

In an investors note issued yesterday, analyst Doug Creutz of Cowen and Co. said the "extremely poor" reviews of Duke Nukem Forever are one reason why he now believes that the likelihood of Take-Two achieving its year-end financial target "has been significantly reduced." So much for betting on Duke, eh?
It's not ****ty reviews that are causing bad sales, it's a decade-late game, a concept that doesn't translate well to today, and an outdated style of game play.

Old 06-16-11, 04:07 PM   #225
HiCZoK4

DNF should sell like crazy -- well becouse its DNF.

BUT I CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE arent purchasing L.A. Noire like crazy. Its incredible game!
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-11, 04:08 PM   #226
XP_GUN

Just finished the game. = / It was ok, not great but not junk. I would have to get it a C. It felt rushed and needed another years work on it to make it work, although it had 15 years to do so. Some areas of the levels felt plan with nothing but a road and walls around you and others just dragged out. Was it worth $50 no, would it be worth $30 maybe.
Old 06-16-11, 04:27 PM   #227
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
+1. I finally made it outside, this is one of the worst games ever... even the one liners aren't funny anymore... have we changed as gamers? Or was the first time special cause it was something we just hadn't experienced before?

I can get over lackluster graphics, but this game is just bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-11, 04:43 PM   #228
|MaguS|

Kaz Hirai from Sony summed it up the best way "Blaming Gearbox for Duke Nukem is like a dad shouting at his son about the mess his sister made when all he did was try to clean it up."

People need to get off Gearboxs case on DNF. They didn't make the game, they finished what was unfinished and shipped it like 3DRealms envisioned it.