Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-16-11, 01:58 AM   #73
Redeemed

Default Re: Battlefield 3 System Requirements...

How dumb.

However, competition isn't bad. As much as I love Steam, and if EA does this right (kinda' not holding my breath there), it could be great for us gamers. All depends on how actively EA supports this not just on consoles, but PCs as well. They could definitely take Valve head-on as they have the resources to compete fiercely. With such a large company investing into DD for their games it could also breathe more life into the PC.

Lotta' "if's" though... and EA hasn't been favorable to the PC these recent years.

If it's not on Steam then I'll just pick up a retail copy. Maybe see how cheap I'll be able to get it through my discount at work.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-11, 03:33 AM   #74
Pennyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armed_Baboon View Post
it's definitely not coming out on steam.

All this anticipation is just setting up the scene for insane amounts of disapointment and nerd rage.
Nerd rage, hahaha I can picture it now
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 x2 SLI
Corsair H100i Hydro Water Cooler
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB
Corsair AX1200i PSU
Intel 520 480GB SATA3 SSD
Western Digital 2TB Caviar Black Edition
Corsair Obsidian 900D Case
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD PCIe
Logitech Z-680 5.1 Speakers
Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard
Logitech G500s Mouse
ASUS VG236H 23.6" 120hz LCD with nVidia 3D Vision
Windows 8.1 Pro x64
Pennyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-11, 06:12 AM   #75
Bowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung View Post
For **** sakes get off your lazy asses and go OUT and buy the damn thing when it's released, if you can't download it you wont buy it ? Wtf
LOL, that's what I did. I preordered the retail version of the game a while ago. I'm sorry but if something were to happen and I had to reinstall it, I'd rather have it on hand vs d/ling it. I have a pretty fast connection but having something physical means a little more to me.

Plus, I'm not a Steam fan myself. I have a few games but got pretty pissed off when someone hacked my account and I had a good password setup too. Fortunately I was able to get everything back but my faith in Steam is gone. I also hate VAC....it sucks! I'm sorry but PB is much better. It's not perfect but the cheating that goes on in Steam based games is ridiculous! I wouldn't care if it was only available via retail. I can't say this for sure but maybe games that can be downloaded are more prone to hackers. Like I said...I don't know...just speculating, but it makes sense to me.

Anyway, can't wait for the game!
CM HAF 922 Case / MSI Z77A-G45 / Intel Core i5-3570K @ 3.8GHz / 16GB (4x4GB) G.SKILL PC3 12800 DDR3 RAM / eVGA GeForce GTX 670 SC / Seagate 500GB SATA / WD 1TB SATA / Optiarc AD-7240S Burner / Corsair HX850 PSU / Windows 7 HP x64
Bowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-11, 08:18 AM   #76
K007

**** :/...no steam blows.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-11, 11:08 AM   #77
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rummy View Post
WHen they say exclusive. Does that also mean retail isnt gonna get it? Or is it only exclusive for online digital copies?
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |

Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-11, 11:33 AM   #78
Rummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow_Nest View Post
WHen they say exclusive. Does that also mean retail isnt gonna get it? Or is it only exclusive for online digital copies?
Well if you pre order from Orgin it gives you the option for digital or physical copy so I would imagine it will need Orgin to run the physical copy same way with MW2 and Steam. Orginworks game?
Rummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-11, 11:25 PM   #79
Bowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Man, all this pro-PC talk and then they're going to screw all the customers of the leading DD platform All this exclusive stuff and different DD platforms is not good for PC gaming and it will not lower the prices. I'd say chances are there that prices will go up if a publisher suddenly has exclusive deals for their AAA games...

Where is LulzSec when you need them?!

I'll probably wait until a few days before the BF3 release. If the game is not yet on Steam, I'll get it on that Origin crap. Once it hits Steam a few weeks/months after the release, I'll re-buy it there as well. EA pulled this stunt a few times already, last game was SHIFT 2. I was afraid this will happen to BF3 as well but this time it seems even more serious...
Hey, ya never know....maybe Origin is the next Steam (in a good way). EA must have chosen then for a reason beyond making a good deal. Is Origin the old Origin that used to make the Wing Commander games? Or is this a new company with the same name? I'll be optimistic and give them a shot. Like it or not, the future is digital download so there's got to be someone out there who's really good at it or will be other than Steam. Steam needs some serious work but they do have the right vision. Ya know....if I had a download speed of 100Mbps then I would be more open to digital download. My 25Mbps down is good by U.S. standards but by the rest of the world....we're in the rear when it comes to speed and the cost of the service. Assuming that things change here in the states and we catch up with the rest of the world in that respect, I think DD will really take off here!
CM HAF 922 Case / MSI Z77A-G45 / Intel Core i5-3570K @ 3.8GHz / 16GB (4x4GB) G.SKILL PC3 12800 DDR3 RAM / eVGA GeForce GTX 670 SC / Seagate 500GB SATA / WD 1TB SATA / Optiarc AD-7240S Burner / Corsair HX850 PSU / Windows 7 HP x64
Bowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-11, 11:41 PM   #80
knghtwhosaysni
Ni!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowen View Post
Hey, ya never know....maybe Origin is the next Steam (in a good way). EA must have chosen then for a reason beyond making a good deal. Is Origin the old Origin that used to make the Wing Commander games? Or is this a new company with the same name? I'll be optimistic and give them a shot. Like it or not, the future is digital download so there's got to be someone out there who's really good at it or will be other than Steam. Steam needs some serious work but they do have the right vision. Ya know....if I had a download speed of 100Mbps then I would be more open to digital download. My 25Mbps down is good by U.S. standards but by the rest of the world....we're in the rear when it comes to speed and the cost of the service. Assuming that things change here in the states and we catch up with the rest of the world in that respect, I think DD will really take off here!
Origin is not related to that old game company and is completely just a part of EA. At the moment, it's mostly just a rebranding/merging of the EA downloader and EA store. It doesn't dl the game files directly like steam does, it downloads install files that you would find on a hard copy DVD.
| i7-2600k | ASUS P8H67-M LE | eVGA GTX 275 1792MB | 8GB 1333mhz | Samsung 830 64GB | Seagate 7200.10 320GB | Seagate 7200.11 1.5TB | Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic | Dell S2209W | Audio-Technica ATH-A700 | Logitech G500 | Logitech Driving Force GT |
knghtwhosaysni is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-17-11, 12:09 AM   #81
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rummy View Post
Well if you pre order from Orgin it gives you the option for digital or physical copy so I would imagine it will need Orgin to run the physical copy same way with MW2 and Steam. Orginworks game?
So its like steam... Not that its a bad thing, i just find it inconvenient now that i need to keep a steam account which already has plenty of games i bought over the years, and now its likely that im gonna have a seperate client and account called Origin which is for use with (most probably) all future EA titles.
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |

Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-11, 02:58 PM   #82
sammy sung

Seriously, what's the problem with buying a retail dvd ? I just don't get, personally i have always prefered that instead of having to download a ****load of games with each reinstall.

Sometimes you guys REALLY need something to whine about
Old 06-17-11, 05:52 PM   #83
Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung View Post
Seriously, what's the problem with buying a retail dvd ? I just don't get, personally i have always prefered that instead of having to download a ****load of games with each reinstall.

Sometimes you guys REALLY need something to whine about
If you were smart you would BACKUP the games before re-installing.
Old 06-17-11, 06:40 PM   #84
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
If you were smart you would BACKUP the games before re-installing.
Doesn't really matter, i actually prefer non-steam games since i can choose where to install them etc. Steam is a good idea sure but here steam is more expensive than buying the retail dvd for the new releases, most cases 10-30 % .