Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows 7

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-18-11, 07:07 PM   #1
jccs24

Unhappy Samsung Syncmaster B2330 Blackout on games

Hi i just recently purshased a Samsung Syncmaster B2330 wish I have attached to an Nvidia 9600GT dual dvi via the dvi port. I'm running windows 7 professional, I downloaded the latest drivers from nvidia site I dont know if it's a Monitor or Graphic Card Issue but everything is fine until I run a game, in every resolution It lets me run it like 2 to 3 minutes when the screen just blacks out and the blue led in my monitor starts to blink nothing I can do to fix this till I reset my pc even Ive tried to turn off and on change source in the monitor with no luck.

This happens even with a dvi to vga converter I tought it was aa dvi problem but when i hooked up the monitor with the vga cable the same problem happened. I read here: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=82982 that some people had fixed the issue installing a program called Powerstrip but I just dont know what parameters are the good ones for my screen...
jccs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-11, 08:10 PM   #2
DiscipleDOC

Default Re: Samsung Syncmaster B2330 Blackout on games

Quote:
Originally Posted by jccs24 View Post
Hi i just recently purshased a Samsung Syncmaster B2330 wish I have attached to an Nvidia 9600GT dual dvi via the dvi port. I'm running windows 7 professional, I downloaded the latest drivers from nvidia site I dont know if it's a Monitor or Graphic Card Issue but everything is fine until I run a game, in every resolution It lets me run it like 2 to 3 minutes when the screen just blacks out and the blue led in my monitor starts to blink nothing I can do to fix this till I reset my pc even Ive tried to turn off and on change source in the monitor with no luck.

This happens even with a dvi to vga converter I tought it was aa dvi problem but when i hooked up the monitor with the vga cable the same problem happened. I read here: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=82982 that some people had fixed the issue installing a program called Powerstrip but I just dont know what parameters are the good ones for my screen...
It has to be the latest nVidia drivers. I had the same issue in some games, until I rolled back to the previous drivers. Try the drivers on this page. This should fix your problems.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-11, 10:33 PM   #3
jccs24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC View Post
It has to be the latest nVidia drivers. I had the same issue in some games, until I rolled back to the previous drivers. Try the drivers on this page. This should fix your problems.
Well I rolled back to 270.61 nvidia drivers you kindly provided but Unfortunately that did not fix my problem any other solution?
Old 06-19-11, 04:13 PM   #4
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Well I rolled back to 270.61 nvidia drivers you kindly provided but Unfortunately that did not fix my problem any other solution?
Is the card getting proper ventilation? Have you tried re-seating the card?
Old 06-20-11, 01:11 AM   #5
jccs24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC View Post
Is the card getting proper ventilation? Have you tried re-seating the card?
Well you got me, that was my problem!! my card was full of dirt I gave it a deep clean, put it in place and got it runnin guess what? no more black outs for me. Thanks a lot DiscipleDOC
Old 06-20-11, 01:56 AM   #6
Hogrider

You filthy son of a...

Glad you got it working.
Old 06-20-11, 09:17 AM   #7
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Well you got me, that was my problem!! my card was full of dirt I gave it a deep clean, put it in place and got it runnin guess what? no more black outs for me. Thanks a lot DiscipleDOC

I'm glad I could help.