Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-24-10, 11:56 AM   #73
jonaster

Default Re: Where are the GeForce GT 240 Linux drivers?

I got a ASUS GeForce GT 240 1GB PhysX CUDA DDR3, it only has a 2pin connector to the fan, does this mean there is no fan control? Does anyone know a similar card where fan control works in linux?
jonaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-10, 06:04 AM   #74
Gusar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaster View Post
I got a ASUS GeForce GT 240 1GB PhysX CUDA DDR3, it only has a 2pin connector to the fan, does this mean there is no fan control? Does anyone know a similar card where fan control works in linux?
From what I've read (because I've been looking into maybe buying a one), most GT240 cards do not have fan control. The EVGA is I think the only one that does. However, I've also read that the Asus is one of the quietest cards around, thanks to the big fan and the cooling ribs underneath. Zotac on the other hand, being very loud. Zotac cools extremely well though and is single-slot.

Ok, I just checked, the DDR3 Asus has a faster fan that *is* loud, the DDR5 one has the fan running slower and quieter: http://www.anandtech.com/show/2906/14
Gusar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-11, 10:04 AM   #75
wvdgaast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvdgaast View Post
~100 fps in X-Plane now with the new driver (even with complicated scenes), awesome. I have all I need, thanks guys!
BTW I do keep noticing that after suspending and resuming my machine I lose this framerate (and also nvidia-settings shows powermizer isn't working). Is this a common issue, and am I just the only one who suspends his workstation instead of powering it off?
wvdgaast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-11, 04:08 PM   #76
hikoboshi

Anyone here having problems with VDPAU and mplayer with the new 275.09.07 driver?
hikoboshi is offline   Reply With Quote