Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-21-11, 11:07 PM   #1
Melraidin

Default HDMI signal loss after power cycling receiver

I have an EVGA 9300 motherboard that I use to send video and audio from Mythbuntu to an Onkyo 508 receiver via HDMI. Everything works fine as long as the receiver stays on. Once the receiver has been turned off and back on again, without touching the computer, the signal to the receiver is never re-acquired.

Can anyone suggest what might be the cause of this or how to solve it? My only guess is the video driver not properly handling a new HDCP handshake from the receiver. Other components connected to the receiver via HDMI (cable box and PS3) work fine if I leave them on and turn off and on the receiver again - the signal's re-acquired.

I'll happily provide any logs that might be helpful but I'm not really sure where to start. I see no activity in my Xorg.0.log file from the time I turn off the receiver to the time I'm ultimately forced to restart the Mythbuntu machine as this is the only way I've found to get the signal back.
Melraidin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-11, 11:42 PM   #2
Melraidin

Default Re: HDMI signal loss after power cycling receiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melraidin View Post
I have an EVGA 9300 motherboard that I use to send video and audio from Mythbuntu to an Onkyo 508 receiver via HDMI. Everything works fine as long as the receiver stays on. Once the receiver has been turned off and back on again, without touching the computer, the signal to the receiver is never re-acquired.

Can anyone suggest what might be the cause of this or how to solve it? My only guess is the video driver not properly handling a new HDCP handshake from the receiver. Other components connected to the receiver via HDMI (cable box and PS3) work fine if I leave them on and turn off and on the receiver again - the signal's re-acquired.

I'll happily provide any logs that might be helpful but I'm not really sure where to start. I see no activity in my Xorg.0.log file from the time I turn off the receiver to the time I'm ultimately forced to restart the Mythbuntu machine as this is the only way I've found to get the signal back.
This seems, so far at least, to have gone away since I turned off Anynet+ on my Samsung TV this system outputs to. I'll report back if the problem recurs.
Melraidin is offline   Reply With Quote