Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-23-11, 05:43 PM   #13
|MaguS|

Default Re: LA Noire coming to PC this Fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaXThReAT View Post
Honestly I was wondering if they were rendered or something like Bink videos too. Good to know its all real time in-game. I've seen way too much use of video cut scenes recently. They used them in GTA IV, Batman and so many others.
This is really great news though. The best part is Rockstar says the PC version will have increased fidelity and other graphical enhancements so I'm keeping my finger crossed for nice textures, effects and a real PC experience...We'll see.
I truly hope Heavy Rain and RDR both get the same treatment when and if they are ported, I have not even looked at a single review or video of RDR but it would be a day one buy for me on PC just based on comments I've read.
Not going to happen... ever. Heavy Rain is owned by Sony.
Old 06-23-11, 06:40 PM   #14
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎

This is prove that console gaming is dying.
Old 06-23-11, 07:13 PM   #15
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noriega View Post
This is prove that console gaming is dying.
Yup, its 100% evidence!

You are such a moron.
Old 06-23-11, 07:26 PM   #16
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

nice, RDR will hit PC sooner or later as well
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-11, 07:32 PM   #17
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
nice, RDR will hit PC sooner or later as well
Doubt it, like ViN86 mentioned its about sales. RDR sold well so they see no need to port it. LA Noire needs to make up its development costs since it lost funding from Sony when it switched from PS3 Exclusive to multiplatform.
Old 06-23-11, 10:31 PM   #18
cmsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Um no. The faces are not FMV... How would it be 100GB? Its not even 20GB on the consoles... High resolution textures wouldn't cause the storage to increase so dramatically.
Actually...

There is a video regarding the making of this game. It turns out they used some new form of video capture system for the game. They showed all the actors while they were doing their scenes. They then turned around and showed the digitized version of the scene. It was freaking awesome!! The detail captured of the face as it changed with each word and such was just jaw dropping.

Unfortunately, Sony PS3 is starting to show its age. Bad. The PS3 couldn't handle the size of the textures necessary to handle the graphics both in terms of memory size and bandwidth. So, the game had to be scaled back. A lot. It was to the point the graphics were not quite... as jaw dropping.

It'll be interesting to see if the graphics are pumped back up to get back to the original versions. And if so, how close will the graphics be to the original. If they can get close to the original, then PC users will be in for a major treat.
cmsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-11, 01:33 AM   #19
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

This news surprised me. I will gladly rebuy this for PC. I will support any game that handles mature content in such a mature manner. I will also predict a few members here will buy the game and be disappoint at the nature of the gameplay. It's very simple, some of the case results can leave you with a WTF just happened face, but I freaking loved the game, can't wait to play the new DLC this weekend actually.

I hope the PC version has all the DLC, including the NA PS3 exclusive content... I must have it all.

Also LOLz at the people thinking the whole thing is FMV. It looks good, but not THAT good.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-11, 08:08 AM   #20
cmsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Also LOLz at the people thinking the whole thing is FMV. It looks good, but not THAT good.
I hate to bust your bubble but that is not correct. The game uses MotionScan from Depth Analysis where actors are recorded ala FMV. Reading up on it a bit, it appears to be awesome technology but it's still FMV. There maybe some elements of the game that is not FMV (particularly the scenery...), but the majority of it is. It appears what was actually shown in the game had to be dumbed down quite a bit as the consoles couldn't handle the textures in the game. I'll restate an earlier comment I made: it will be interesting to see if the PC version uses enhanced graphics closer to the actual recorded video. If the PC version gets enhanced graphics, how close will they be to the actual recorded video?

One source

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...ing-of-trailer

Regarding the storage space and 100 GigB comment earlier, that well maybe accurate. I did some quick research. It appears the game takes the equivelant of 3 DVD's which is about 20 Gigs of storage space spread across the three. Take into account the fact compression was probably used somewhere, the game may take anywhere form 50 to 100 Gigs. PS3 has a bluray player so those owners/users may not have noticed much.
cmsmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-11, 09:13 AM   #21
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Doubt it, like ViN86 mentioned its about sales. RDR sold well so they see no need to port it. LA Noire needs to make up its development costs since it lost funding from Sony when it switched from PS3 Exclusive to multiplatform.
GTA4 sold well on consoles as well, but eventually it did hit PC
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-11, 10:20 AM   #22
HiCZoK4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaXThReAT View Post
Honestly I was wondering if they were rendered or something like Bink videos too...
All the faces in game are strictly FMV... or moving images or whatever, rendered on 3d models. Just watch some trailers closely. When mouth is opened, all the teeth and blackness inside are FLAT. This looks all great in motion but some people might feel cheaten.
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-11, 10:21 AM   #23
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
GTA4 sold well on consoles as well, but eventually it did hit PC
And look at the flak they caught from the PC users. Everyone complained about poor performance and they spent a LOT of time patching it.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-11, 12:05 PM   #24
Ghosthunter

already got game for ps3...won't be buying it for PC...but glad to hear it is!
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote