Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-02-11, 09:09 PM   #109
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

Default Re: Crysis 2 DX11 Patch Live

I don't just throw up links for the hell of it but it's not my forum so there is nothing I can do about the link getting pulled. Too bad this forum is not more open to let others make up their own minds. I'll drop the subject.
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-11, 11:50 PM   #110
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike89 View Post
I don't just throw up links for the hell of it but it's not my forum so there is nothing I can do about the link getting pulled. Too bad this forum is not more open to let others make up their own minds. I'll drop the subject.
Thanks. If visitors are curious, then Google will lead them to many of those types of sites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
This.

BTW, I have a problem ViN. I partied with a hooker, and now it burns when I pee. If I'm not mistaken, the mold in bread contains Penicillin. Should I stick with that, or should I make an appointment with The DOC?

I think you need at least a dozen more loafs.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-11, 04:37 PM   #111
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

I see the option to disable Blur. Very nice, now only if Crytek would provide an option to disable Depth of Field so everything stays clear in the distance, I'd be a happy camper. To me options every game should have is being able to turn off Blur and Depth of Field so we would have a choice. Seems it's the "in" thing to do now for the game makers, to blur out everything (while both moving and standing still). Give me the clear view, Fck that blur! Or at least give me the option not to use it.

I also notice that now Crysis is switching refresh rates between starting the game and ending it. I can tell this because any folder pages or Internet pages open, the taskbar view will now be blanked out after ending the game and you have to click on each one to bring the image back. Crysis never use to do this until this last patch and stuff. Some other games do it and some don't.
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Old 07-04-11, 12:52 AM   #112
sammy sung

This game even with the upgrades just confirms what i thought initially, everything just reeks of console. Even with the upgrades it doesn't look very good and for me the better textures here and there just makes the lesser texures more noticable. Like cars and their broken windshields, crappy shiny textures, a lot of this game still looks like crap tbh. I'm not a graphics wh0re normally but this game has been debated so much that it's distracting me from enjoying it, i just can't stop thinking about the differences between this and the first crysis, trying to find evidence of better textures but not finding a whole lot of them.

I think i made a mistake not playing it when i got it initially (had it wrapped in plastic until the upgrades were released) if i had played it "vanilla" i might have appriciated the upgrades more but now it's just UT3 allover again, developed for consoles but patched over a long time to finally resemble what it should have been to start with but still not getting there.

This is at it's core a console game and no upgrades can hide that fact, like an unwashed wh0re using lots of deoderant : she might look sexy at a distance but once you get close you still can smell her BO
Old 07-04-11, 01:17 AM   #113
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

Quote:
a lot of this game still looks like crap tbh. I'm not a graphics wh0re normally but this game has been debated so much that it's distracting me from enjoying it, i just can't stop thinking about the differences between this and the first crysis, trying to find evidence of better textures but not finding a whole lot of them.
If you think this game looks like crap, I don't even know why you play games dude. This game looks as good as any games out there right now. Honestly if you are going to tear down this game, I don't know how you can play any game and be happy cause you could tear them all apart just as easily. Unless that's why you play games. This game has good graphics, good sound effects, good story, good atmosphere, decent voice acting, good playability (hell I've played this game about 5 times already). Quit thinking so much and just enjoy the damn game! If not, take up another hobby.
Old 07-04-11, 02:55 AM   #114
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike89 View Post
If you think this game looks like crap, I don't even know why you play games dude. This game looks as good as any games out there right now. Honestly if you are going to tear down this game, I don't know how you can play any game and be happy cause you could tear them all apart just as easily. Unless that's why you play games. This game has good graphics, good sound effects, good story, good atmosphere, decent voice acting, good playability (hell I've played this game about 5 times already). Quit thinking so much and just enjoy the damn game! If not, take up another hobby.
I said a lot of this game looks like crap, not all of it. And i'm not tearing it down, it's just not what the hype said it was going to be. After all the hoopla i expected so much more but the main gaming business today is done on consoles and ofc crytek wants a piece of that aswell, can't really blame them for it. But what i can blame them for is saying that it was going to look better than crysis. That might have been their initial goal and ambition and i dont know when that changed. However they settled on releasing a console port with later additions to make that less evident. And some parts of this game DOES look like crap with it's muted colors and brown/greys, there's no hiding that .

Notice how the street is reflected in the texture but not the player character
Old 07-04-11, 06:30 AM   #115
Rogozhin

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
This.

BTW, I have a problem ViN. I partied with a hooker, and now it burns when I pee. If I'm not mistaken, the mold in bread contains Penicillin. Should I stick with that, or should I make an appointment with The DOC?

You redneck, general paresis usually begins about 15 - 20 years after the syphilis infection, you're probably ****ed.
Rogozhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-11, 06:32 AM   #116
Rogozhin

I started to play this game and it really does look terrible (juxtaposed with COP even).
Rogozhin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-04-11, 07:54 AM   #117
Ywap

Looking pretty sweet to me
Old 07-04-11, 08:24 AM   #118
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ywap View Post

Looking pretty sweet to me
Until you look closer and as they say, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

I think this game is judged a lot harder because of cryteks previous games, they were graphical powerhouses and brought most if not every PC to it's knees at launch. This is kinda meh and we've seen it before, the original crysis did it better in my opinion.
Old 07-04-11, 08:45 AM   #119
Ywap

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung View Post
beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
So true
Old 07-04-11, 10:14 AM   #120
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung View Post
Until you look closer and as they say, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

I think this game is judged a lot harder because of cryteks previous games, they were graphical powerhouses and brought most if not every PC to it's knees at launch. This is kinda meh and we've seen it before, the original crysis did it better in my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ywap View Post
So true
I agree as well. The game has good graphics. The game play is good as well. I don't know what people are expecting, but there are a lot of games out there that are not for every gamer. That is something that a lot of you need to accept--and move on.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote