Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-06-11, 08:40 AM   #3061
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Default Re: Official Flight Simulator X Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by omzig View Post
Hey guys
btw Shade is still on the go and has evolved quite a bit as its now no longer a preset light edit but more of a lighting editor that will allow users to tweak there own lighting
marks been with me through its growing pains and although its been delay'ed quite a bit due to lack of freetime i can see the light at the end of the tunnel
It's coming on brilliantly and Steve is working very hard to make it right... the delay is worth it, as its now such a great tweakers tool.

'Shade' at the end of the tunnel, don't you mean

A pic from PlayHorizons VFR Ireland... Shade active, but not evident in this capture.

SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-11, 01:18 AM   #3062
willene2011

Why is this sticky?
willene2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-11, 03:47 AM   #3063
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Quote:
Originally Posted by willene2011 View Post
Why is this sticky?
Because the powers that be make it so... and we are grateful to them for it

Got a problem with that?........
Old 07-07-11, 05:48 AM   #3064
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by willene2011 View Post
Why is this sticky?
With 1 post to your name that question i say is a bit above your paygrade.....but to answer for the 2nd time in as many pages,id suspect it has something to do with the amount of thread views and the external traffic it generates for this site......

But as mark says either way as FSX'ing gamers we are very gratful
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-11, 09:19 AM   #3065
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Quote:
Originally Posted by omzig View Post
With 1 post to your name that question i say is a bit above your paygrade.....but to answer for the 2nd time in as many pages,id suspect it has something to do with the amount of thread views and the external traffic it generates for this site......

But as mark says either way as FSX'ing gamers we are very gratful

Yep, that's quite an impressive number of views... slowing down now, but for such and old platform, it's amazing the strength of the following.

Here are few more of VFR Ireland from Playhorizon... I am enjoying a bit of photoscenery after all that landclass, and for a limited time is just 20 for each of the two volumes.

Old 07-10-11, 04:06 PM   #3066
sillyeagle
sillyego

Freeware Mig-21!!! And it's really good. The flight model is very fun, and quite challenging, which sets it apart from other fighter planes for FSX. It's super fun to fly and looks great.

http://migsim.ic.cz/

The package does not have sound, but you can copy the sound from the authors previous Mig-21 package available here. These sounds are really good as well, sounds loud and powerful.

The manual is not in english, but shift-2 opens the control panel and there is a quick start button there, otherwise you can find manual startup proceedures on youtube. Make sure you trim up for takeoff if you want to get off the ground in a reasonable distance. I went through the trees at the end of the runway on my first attempt. lol

There are some repaints on flightsim.com, and also an update by a different author that includes a 2D panel in english, and a dumbed down and inaccurate flight model that feels more like a modified default F/A-18 than a Mig-21. I am using the panel from that but not the flight model.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 07-10-11, 06:22 PM   #3067
Luftwayfarer

Those are beautiful screens Sillyeagle. What Sky texture are you using if I might ask? Those tones look very photo like. That's a beautiful texture on the Mig also.

On another note, my wave sets have been looking very digital/distorted lately. Anyone run into this? It really takes away from screenies. Here's a pic of what I mean.

Luftwayfarer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-11, 06:36 PM   #3068
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luftwayfarer View Post
Those are beautiful screens Sillyeagle. What Sky texture are you using if I might ask? Those tones look very photo like. That's a beautiful texture on the Mig also.
Thanks. Textures are REX, with Touch of Smog for the sky color, Cumulus 05, and Cirrus 09. In-game I'm using Orbx Weather Theme 1.
EVGA Intel X58

Old 07-13-11, 09:39 AM   #3069
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey Guys

Love the colours in those VFR shots there mark,shame they've never bothered to Autogen there stuff,i sold all 3 of my GenX dvd's because it was just like flying in Google Earth

Thx for the Headsup on the Mig-21 i'll give it a try next time i fire up FSX

btw the ALPHASIM T-28 Trojan FSX was released as freeware a while back quite nice but needs a new bumpmap as its a little on the lowrez/hight side still quite nice fore free

http://www.easyfly.co.nz/Freeware/US...Trojan_FSX.zip

And there old F-22 havent tried that one yet but looks ok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKxP0...yer_detailpage

http://www.easyfly.co.nz/Freeware/US...Raptor_FSX.msi

& heres a few shots of some very nice FEX reef/coral textures

Laters
steve
Old 07-13-11, 10:50 AM   #3070
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Found a few more T-28 shots....im really liking this bird might have to look at doing a full texture/bump rebuild for her....

Old 07-15-11, 03:54 PM   #3071
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Mighty cool shots people!.... I will certainly try the MIG, but may wait until I get my new PC build, as at too much speed the terrain ends up a blurry mess... Dl'ing the T-28 Trojan right now, looks great, and an HD makeover would make it very special.

Luftwayfarer.. I see what you mean in your shot, but its not something I've come across before; it may be worth opening the FSX cfg and delete the number in the following line SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693500672 which will force the shaders to be rebuilt.

Okay, here are some shots showcasing the wonders of 'SHADE' which works beautifully over Horizons 5m mesh.... look close Steve and you'll see full autogen trees, which now cover all England and Wales, thanks to Treescapes from Earthsimulations... It does make a difference I agree.

These shots were taken using my own values created in 'Shade' which are fully customizable... it's cool stuff Steve is doing here.

Old 07-17-11, 05:20 AM   #3072
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Some more 'SHADE' enhanced scenery.

Snowdonia.

Dawn, County Kerry.

Cheers for the HU on this Steve... what a fantastic freebee!