Default 3D Vision Pro glasses don't turn on quickly, Quadro 4000

Symptoms:
Glasses do not easily “turn on”.

Hardware:
Quadro 4000 card
Nvidia 3D Vision Pro
3 pairs of glasses total

Driver Version:
NVRM version: NVIDIA UNIX x86_64 Kernel Module 275.09.07 Wed Jun 8 14:16:46 PDT 2011

GCC version: gcc version 4.1.3 20080704 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.2-25)

Debian 5
Software:
xorg, Debian version 1:7.3+20

Description:
System has three pairs of glasses and one emitter. Waking up all three pairs of glasses was difficult. By this I mean that no lights were lit on the glasses and the glasses did not activate the shutter component of themselves.

I logged in, started nvidia-settings, and started my 3D program (pymol). I then attempted to “wake up” the glasses by pressing the button. One pair started after several pressed. The second pair started to work after holding the button on the glasses for over a minute. The third pair took 20 minutes of “futzing”, pressing the button quickly, holding the button, plugging the glasses into each of the different power cables for the glasses.

After the glasses are on, they stay on. However, they do not turn on reliably.

Other information:
The glasses are plugged into a powered USB hub, with the emitter plugged directly into the computer. This was tried as glasses very rarely have amber light lit solidly despite being plugged in for nearly a week. This issue also present with 280.04 driver.

I also get syslog messages of “usb 8-1: usbfs: process 19275 (Xorg) did not claim interface 0 before use
”. This issue also present with 280.04 driver.

With user logins and outs, nvidia-settings will often not list glasses that are currently correctly displaying 3D images. This issue also present with 280.04 driver.

Multiple concurrent users also prevent the 3D from working. If A is logged in, and B selects “Switch User”; B will be unable to use the 3D Stereo. This situation worked flawlessly with the old CrystalEyes system. This issue also present with 280.04 driver.

Nvidia's tech support through their “Live Assistance” application, referred me here.
Attached Files
File Type: gz nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (44.3 KB, 87 views)
DragonDru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-11, 11:25 AM   #2
DragonDru

Default Re: 3D Vision Pro glasses don't turn on quickly, Quadro 4000

The new driver, NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-275.19 seems to have resolved all of my side issues.

Much more testing will be required to see if the issue with the glasses not turning on is now replicable. I suspect the glasses will be much more responsive now.

Thank you.
DragonDru is offline   Reply With Quote