Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Mobile Devices And Smartphones

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-20-11, 07:51 PM   #1
Hogrider

Default Netflix app on Android updated to work on 24 models including Galaxy S, Droid 3

Netflix app on Android updated to work on 24 models including Galaxy S, Droid 3

Quote:
The number of Android devices officially compatible with the Netflix streaming app has more than doubled in v2.3, growing from 9 to 24. Last night the description was updated with a new list of devices but the actual updated APK only started pushing this afternoon, bringing Netflix not only to the Lenovo tablet announced last night but also to the Droid 3, HTC Thunderbolt, Motorola Atrix, several Galaxy S phones including the Epic 4G and Fascinate and more. Fragmentation is clearly still an issue for DRM'd apps like this and Hulu Plus, but at least now there's a growing number of recent superphones supported instead of sitting on the sidelines. We've got the updated list of devices after the break, hit the source link to download the app from the Android Market.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/07/20/n...Engadget+HD%29
Old 07-20-11, 08:13 PM   #2
Hogrider

Default Re: Netflix app on Android updated to work on 24 models including Galaxy S, Droid 3

Just downloaded and installed it on my Samsung Vibrant (Galaxy S) and it works ok. Got a few buffering problems and my phone is using wifi right now so I seriously doubt i could watch a movie well just using the 3G connection.
Old 07-20-11, 08:54 PM   #3
Bearclaw

Default Re: Netflix app on Android updated to work on 24 models including Galaxy S, Droid 3

I use to only use 3G to watch netflix. Worked perfectly. Now I just got faster internet so I use Wifi but 3G always worked great for me.
Old 07-20-11, 09:16 PM   #4
Maverick123w

Send a message via AIM to Maverick123w

Works fine on 3g on my verizon iphone ~ 100KB/S
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-11, 09:26 PM   #5
Hogrider

Getting this message now
Quote:
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later

Edit: Ok and now working again, better than it was before. I guess the problem was with Netflix earlier.
Old 07-21-11, 10:38 AM   #6
|MaguS|

Works great on my Samsung Infuse.
Old 07-21-11, 11:19 AM   #7
ViN86

Works great on my Droid X.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-11, 10:03 AM   #8
DiscipleDOC

Works great on my Asus EEE Transformer.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-11, 10:39 AM   #9
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

Works on my nook color and droid1
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote