Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > CPUs, Motherboards And Memory

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-27-11, 11:55 AM   #73
shadow001

Default Re: Intel X79 Chipset

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUYA View Post
It's all relative when it comes to how to wish to use your disposable income

Of course, we're all on the bleeding edge anyhow with hardware much more powerfull than the average user, wich is what game developers aim for to increase the odds of having lots of game sales and make a lot of money in the process, and i'm not even mentioning that most aim for multiplatform releases with the low end these days being consoles, as they have 5~6 year old hardware in them, wich makes them seriously outdated by modern PC standards.
shadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-11, 12:10 PM   #74
shadow001

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Looks like there might be another Extreme Edition scheduled for a Q4 2011 release

I love the 8 in the name

Disregarding the video cards, i can see a setup that can double performance in every application relative to mine as something that looks like this:

Dual 8 core ivy bridge CPU's(22nm fab process), with hyperthreading support, for a grand total of 32 thread handling ability and with the 22nm process, the capability to exceed well past the 4 Ghz barrier under load while needing little voltage increases and be easy to cool down.....Intel did say that their finfet 22nm fab process is 30% more power efficient than their 32nm process afterall, so we'll see how that translates into overclocking terms.

A motherboard supporting dual CPU sockets and has a lot of overclocking features, as well as using regular unregistered, non ECC DDR3 ram(obviously 4 memory channels per socket), and supporting up to 4 way SLI or 4 way crossfire....Basically the next generation after this EVGA SR-2 board i'm currently using...

Between the extra cores and the extra threads as well as the same or higher overclocking capabilities and the 4 memory channel per socket and any and all improvements to the architecture of the CPU's themselves(including new instruction sets like AVX), i do believe the performance can double over mine even in applications where all the cores and threads get fully used.....The question is when and if such a platform will exist, especially when in comes to the motherboard itself.....Will EVGA make a next generation dual socket board that can overclock?
Old 07-27-11, 12:35 PM   #75
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Shadow, stfu about your crap pc. Not only is it pointless, but it also looks like crap.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-11, 12:41 PM   #76
shadow001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Shadow, stfu about your crap pc. Not only is it pointless, but it also looks like crap.

LOL...hate much???

Compared your your tie wrapped monstrosity using ghetto cooling for the video cards, you're PC is hardly a standard to aim for....
Old 07-27-11, 12:45 PM   #77
shadow001

Quote:
Seriously, you have a Dual Xeon, SR-2 system? Awesome! Why didn't you mention that earlier?

Wait, you mentioned that like a million times already. That's your standard reply to every news post about something LGA2011 related. Please stop it already.
It's as bad as back when you just came here to talk about your Dual 5970 setup.

Slytat is absolutely right about you. There was a reason why I put you on ignore last time.

Not everything is about your system so you don't need to mention your system in every post. Then again, this is not the first time I'm trying to tell you this.

It's cool slawter, all i mentioned in my last post is what it would take to beat my setup conclusively in any and all applications by a large degree, and it obviously needs a lot....

Other users need what they need to beat theirs, and the hardware will be different for them....To each their own.
Old 07-27-11, 12:50 PM   #78
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post
LOL...hate much???

Compared your your tie wrapped monstrosity using ghetto cooling for the video cards, you're PC is hardly a standard to aim for....
watercooling is ghetto cooling?
Old 07-27-11, 12:55 PM   #79
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
It's like talking to a wall.
you just now figured that out? rofl.
Old 07-27-11, 01:02 PM   #80
Slytat

The guy obviously has issues, he makes bad hardware choices and then comes here to try and show off, oblivious to the fact that a large majority of the enthusiasts here know what they are talking about (unlike him).

Just go away Shadduh, and take your toy benchmarking box with you

Back on topic, the 3980x certainly sounds like an 8 core and that is very good news if it turns out to be true
Slytat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-27-11, 01:22 PM   #81
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slytat View Post
Back on topic, the 3980x certainly sounds like an 8 core and that is very good news if it turns out to be true
If it is I want it. Rendering speed over 9000.
Old 07-27-11, 01:30 PM   #82
shadow001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
watercooling is ghetto cooling?

Readding comprehension for the FTW.....I was talking about the cooling setup used on your video cards in my last post....
Old 07-27-11, 01:32 PM   #83
shadow001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slytat View Post
The guy obviously has issues, he makes bad hardware choices and then comes here to try and show off, oblivious to the fact that a large majority of the enthusiasts here know what they are talking about (unlike him).

Just go away Shadduh, and take your toy benchmarking box with you

And now he speaks about the potential of 8 cores on that new release and how great it'll be when 4 cores are used in gaming scenarios.....Seriously pathetic.
Old 07-27-11, 01:36 PM   #84
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post
Readding comprehension for the FTW.....I was talking about the cooling setup used on your video cards in my last post....
I have fans on my video cards?