Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-25-11, 02:37 PM   #13
ElL33t
Brobama

Default Re: Star Wars The Old Republic Pre Orders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick123w View Post
Then don't buy the CE..... I don't get why everyone is up in arms about this. It's not like it's the only option available to you.
No one is up in arms. My initial point was it isn't a good value. I pointed out two games that were of better value. You got night vision goggles for a bit less for the first Modern Warfare and a rc vehicle for the second. If someone likes what the $150 price break for star wars offers then they will get it. It just seems pretty steep for me. I will get the regular version and be happy.

I'm sure the game will be fun. I really like RPGs, so this is right up my alley.
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-11, 10:56 PM   #14
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick123w View Post
Then don't buy the CE..... I don't get why everyone is up in arms about this. It's not like it's the only option available to you.
Everyone is all up in arms because charging twice the usual price of the average MMO CE is a sleazy thing to do.

Seriously, the most I've ever seen for a MMO CE edition is around $90. The fact that EA is charging $150 just goes to show that they don't mind taking advantage of their customers. Hell, when the digital CE version is as much as most boxed versions that come with a bunch of stuff, you know they don't mind ripping them off.

Can they do it?...sure. Will people buy it?...no doubt. Is it a dick move on their part?...absolutely!
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-11, 01:56 PM   #15
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Yeah the $150 is a bit crazy. Granted you don't have to buy it, but there should be some kind of intermediate offering.

ElL33t to respond to your earlier post you did make a great point that you can get your money's worth from the first free month. I say go for it if you're looking forward to it. Good chance I'll be doing the same despite my hesitation.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-11, 06:15 PM   #16
ElL33t
Brobama

I did purchase this game. Hope it holds me attention for a few weeks.
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-11, 10:44 PM   #17
Zeta

I pre-ordered the game. As mentioned, I too play most games less than a month and spend $60 on those games. I don't see how you can go wrong. This is a Star Wars game after all.
Zeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-11, 04:34 PM   #18
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
I pre-ordered the game. As mentioned, I too play most games less than a month and spend $60 on those games. I don't see how you can go wrong. This is a Star Wars game after all.
I'm a pretty hardcore Star Wars fan and I almost spit tea out of my nose because of your last two lines. Star does not guarantee a good game, in fact it generally means just the opposite. For every decent Star Wars game out there, there are a dozen horrible ones.

I pre-ordered the game, and I'm hoping it's good, but I can see a million ways it could go wrong and thinking it will be good based on IP alone isn't something I would do.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 04:53 AM   #19
Zeta

LOL. Very, very good point. Sorry. I should have said its Bioware and Star Wars...
Old 08-07-11, 08:40 AM   #20
tornadog
Keeper of the Faith

How early do you guys think the early access would be? I just want to experience the game for its Star Wars theme but not have to shell out 60 bucks for it. I really liked that WOW had that 10 day trail, and of course LOTRO is now f2p. Thats the only 2 I have played so far.

Old 08-07-11, 09:17 AM   #21
Zeta

Unless I missed it they have not said how early you will get the early access. For all I know the early access will be 1 day before everyone else.

I used to be really opposed to the monthly subscription games. One day I realized, this is just about the cheapest form of entertainment I have. I take the wife to a movie and with drinks and popcorn we spent $30. That only lasts 2 - 3 hours. I can play WoW unlimited hours a month for $15. Free is better, but $15 is really not a bad deal at all.
Old 08-07-11, 02:23 PM   #22
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

My guess is 1-2 days for early access. Don't see them having it be more than that.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-11, 12:00 PM   #23
|MaguS|

I got in the beta!
Old 08-20-11, 01:26 PM   #24
Ninja Prime

How is it? I heard it was WoW with a star wars theme and bioware-style conversation trees...
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote