Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-15-11, 11:11 PM   #13
Destroy

Default Re: Hard Reset PC exclusive FPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman212121 View Post
Don't worry about that one... I'm sure they can always pull an Alan Wake and make it a Xbox exclusive title...
More like they'll pull a Witcher 2 and was designed all along for console.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-11, 03:38 AM   #14
Ywap

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/ha...&mode=previews

"it's also not a shooter on rails, the kind that Modern Warfare is. It's rather similar to old-school shooters like Doom, where you had to search the level to get a key card, and where you will find secrets--sometimes really challenging ones"

"we don't have regenerating health, so one of the bars is used to display health. We also have a shield meter, stamina for sprint, energy/ammunition for weapons, and, of course, the N.A.N.O. bar. N.A.N.O. is the currency that you will gather to buy new weapons and upgrades."

"we wanted to create a game for old-school PC players, raised on all those forgotten Dooms, Quakes, and Painkillers."

"If you're tired of all the boring shooters on rails where all the encounters are heavily scripted and you can't even move too much, Hard Reset is for you."

Gameplay:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/ha...o/6326093?hd=1

Old 07-30-11, 10:24 AM   #15
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-11, 10:29 AM   #16
Destroy

Mmmm...after playing EYE, this game doesn't look that appealing to me anymore.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-11, 10:34 AM   #17
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
+1

Old 07-30-11, 10:01 PM   #18
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ywap View Post
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/ha...&mode=previews

"it's also not a shooter on rails, the kind that Modern Warfare is. It's rather similar to old-school shooters like Doom, where you had to search the level to get a key card, and where you will find secrets--sometimes really challenging ones"

"we don't have regenerating health, so one of the bars is used to display health. We also have a shield meter, stamina for sprint, energy/ammunition for weapons, and, of course, the N.A.N.O. bar. N.A.N.O. is the currency that you will gather to buy new weapons and upgrades."

"we wanted to create a game for old-school PC players, raised on all those forgotten Dooms, Quakes, and Painkillers."

"If you're tired of all the boring shooters on rails where all the encounters are heavily scripted and you can't even move too much, Hard Reset is for you."

Gameplay:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/ha...o/6326093?hd=1

nice, sounds pretty good if they can get that working.
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-11, 08:29 AM   #19
Ywap

Old 08-07-11, 10:51 AM   #20
JohnDio

Hard Reset PC Performance Analysis
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-11, 11:21 AM   #21
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ywap View Post
Makes me think of Quake 4 with really bright colors added...I'm really hoping they can make this work like the old school shooters they mentioned, I'll buy it.
Old 08-07-11, 12:50 PM   #22
Logical

No multiplayer makes this a little off putting for me..FPS game with similarities to UT3 with no multiplayer hmmm.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-11, 01:31 PM   #23
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
No multiplayer makes this a little off putting for me..FPS game with similarities to UT3 with no multiplayer hmmm.
Isn't it a bit repetitive, the same multiplayer, just different maps and skins and maybe minor adjustments to game mechanics. It's like the same person just different clothing.

Most games with MP focus too heavily on MP, trying to be the next CoD. How many purely SP campaign driven FPS titles have their been lately, that have truly been great?

How many SP titles have their been lately with MP that has obviously had more emphasis on the MP instead of SP?

Me, I'm rather stoked about this. Never did get into the MP buzz. Always preferred a properly done SP campaign. Now, for a MP element I'd not mind CO-OP. That'd be a blast if done right.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-11, 01:44 PM   #24
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
Isn't it a bit repetitive, the same multiplayer, just different maps and skins and maybe minor adjustments to game mechanics. It's like the same person just different clothing.

Most games with MP focus too heavily on MP, trying to be the next CoD. How many purely SP campaign driven FPS titles have their been lately, that have truly been great?

How many SP titles have their been lately with MP that has obviously had more emphasis on the MP instead of SP?

Me, I'm rather stoked about this. Never did get into the MP buzz. Always preferred a properly done SP campaign. Now, for a MP element I'd not mind CO-OP. That'd be a blast if done right.
To be fair the exact same could be said for single player, only with singleplayer your near enough getting the same experience everytime you play it....

Singleplayer only games lack lastability especially if they are FPS games, for me they do anyway. Most of the games i have, have only been played through once the rest of the time i play them on multiplayer. Don't get me wrong..i like a good SP game and do enjoy playing through them but to do it over and over and experience the same thing is boring and tiresome and the game will be quickly shelved.

The cost of games these days aint cheap and tbh both multiplayer and singleplayer should be worked on at the highest quality, to suggest a singleplayer game is flawed because it has multiplayer included isnt fair....I could say the exact same about BF3 or BFBC2, both games are true multiplayer games but yet DICE waste time catering for the few by including a single player campaign....The Call of Duty titles also suffer from this 'lets make everyone happy' syndrome...

Computer AI will never be as good as the real thing and as far as im concerened FPS games have a major role in multiplayer gaming. Entering public servers and having your ass handed to you by some 9 year old fat kid may not be fun and could put you off mp gaming entirely... stick with it, learn strats and tactics and find a clan/team to play the said game in a competitive environment and there will be no looking back ))
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote