Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-02-11, 10:05 AM   #637
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Posts: 358
Default Re: Battlefield 3 News/Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
They never let me into the ALPHA even tho i own every piece of PC battlefield + expansion in existance.... Was thinking steam this time around but if that wont release til later Ill prolly order a physical copy from that page since it comes with an origin version as well which you can preload and presumably play the minute it comes out.
This might be a silly question but did you register the games after buying them?
__________________
Asus P8P67 Pro
Intel Core i7 2600 3.40 GHz
2x Gigabyte GTX 570 1GB SLI
8 Gigs Kingston 1333 DD3
Asus VH238H 23" LED 2ms
WD 1TB Caviar Black 64MB cache SATA 6 Gb/s
CM Silent Pro 850 Watt

Band: http://www.myspace.com/hollowappostle
Fuku2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-11, 11:20 AM   #638
Blade
It's just a ride....
 
Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Your Sisters Bed
Posts: 903
Default Re: Battlefield 3 News/Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuku2 View Post
This might be a silly question but did you register the games after buying them?
Same as Mojoman, evey version & every game since 1942 (all registred, same user/playername too), did i get into the Alpha?

Did i feck, however my 14 year old nephew did & he's only ever owned BFBC2 ffs.
__________________
____________________________
Sigs Are For Heros!
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-11, 12:04 PM   #639
mojoman0
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: California
Posts: 3,566
Default Re: Battlefield 3 News/Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuku2 View Post
This might be a silly question but did you register the games after buying them?
yea and they count towards my vet status.

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com....php?id=165232
List of all the preorder bonuses and exclusives
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-11, 12:07 PM   #640
bob saget
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Vancouver, originally Russia
Posts: 23,134
Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget
Default Re: Battlefield 3 News/Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by abtomat74 View Post
Pathetic.

Once more I state that we are getting Bad Company 3. Is it that much to think they were going to make a BC3 anyway? Why screw around with trash like this?
it is NOT bad company 3. Did you play the alpha? It is a completely different game.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-11, 12:35 PM   #641
mojoman0
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: California
Posts: 3,566
Default Re: Battlefield 3 News/Info

and we havent even seen the jets in action yet...dogfights
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-11, 02:27 PM   #642
de><ta
prodigy
 
de><ta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: USA, NY
Posts: 1,100
Default Re: Battlefield 3 News/Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
and we havent even seen the jets in action yet...dogfights
this +1000!
__________________
IBM T60p | Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 | 2GB PC2-5300 | ATi M X1700 256MB | 100GB 7200rpm SATA

///m-powered | Intel i7 920 | EVGA x58 | 6GB DD3 1600 | EVGA GTX 285 SSC | 150GB VelociRaptor

Drag racing is for fast cars. Autocrossing is for fast drivers.
de><ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-11, 02:41 PM   #643
DiscipleDOC
 
DiscipleDOC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Alabama, Planet Earth
Posts: 5,993
Default Re: Battlefield 3 News/Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
You are limited by the mobo but (if u can find one) i would go for a Q9550 cpu as an upgrade, your graphics are fine as is your memory,otherwise it's a new mobo & cpu etc.

I run a Q9550 with a GTX285 & BFBC2 runs very very well.
I would say the he should go for nothing less than a Q6600. I had one and it rocked all of my games.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 12:08 AM   #644
bob saget
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Vancouver, originally Russia
Posts: 23,134
Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget
Default Re: Battlefield 3 News/Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by abtomat74 View Post
"Completely" different? Rush mode? Spotting? Exact same sounds?

No I haven't played it but from everything I have seen it sure as hell does look and sound quite a bit like BC.

Let me put it another way: if no announcement or any word at all had been made in regards to BF3 and this video suddenly appeared on Youtube without any title, I'd say everyone would guess Bad Company, not Battlefield.
If you played it, you would know. I tried playing it how I usually play battlefield, and i ended up with like a record of 1-10 or something. The "gameplay experience" is totally different. And it sounds FAR worse than BC2. Weapons don't have the same BOOM feel, the ambient sounds are not there, but that's ok, it is Alpha. It might look like BC2 with the HUD and the spotting, but the experience really couldn't be more different.
I doubt anyone with significant time playing BC2 and who played the alpha would say this is like bad company 3.
Like I said before, it plays like a mix of MoH and hardcore Cod4.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-03-11, 07:11 AM   #645
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur
 
Mr. Hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,294
Default Re: Battlefield 3 News/Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
If you played it, you would know. I tried playing it how I usually play battlefield, and i ended up with like a record of 1-10 or something. The "gameplay experience" is totally different. And it sounds FAR worse than BC2. Weapons don't have the same BOOM feel, the ambient sounds are not there, but that's ok, it is Alpha. It might look like BC2 with the HUD and the spotting, but the experience really couldn't be more different.
I doubt anyone with significant time playing BC2 and who played the alpha would say this is like bad company 3.
Like I said before, it plays like a mix of MoH and hardcore Cod4.
I played it and it played just like BC2, except I didn't have my M1 Garand. Which made the alpha TERRIBLE. **** THIS GAME!
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 09:47 AM   #646
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,948
Default Re: Battlefield 3 News/Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
If you played it, you would know. I tried playing it how I usually play battlefield, and i ended up with like a record of 1-10 or something. The "gameplay experience" is totally different. And it sounds FAR worse than BC2. Weapons don't have the same BOOM feel, the ambient sounds are not there, but that's ok, it is Alpha. It might look like BC2 with the HUD and the spotting, but the experience really couldn't be more different.
I doubt anyone with significant time playing BC2 and who played the alpha would say this is like bad company 3.
Like I said before, it plays like a mix of MoH and hardcore Cod4.
I felt it played more like BF BC2 than COD or MOH. I don't think DICE has implemented the dead ful net code with prediction on it yet though.
__________________
i7-2600k @ 4.6Ghz, Zotac GTX 680 (1310/7000), 16GB DDR3 1600, 2 x 1TB Samsung F3 RAID 0, Windows 7 x64, CPU and GPU custom watercooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 12:02 PM   #647
Logical
Registered User
 
Logical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,523
Default Re: Battlefield 3 News/Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
If you played it, you would know. I tried playing it how I usually play battlefield, and i ended up with like a record of 1-10 or something. The "gameplay experience" is totally different. And it sounds FAR worse than BC2. Weapons don't have the same BOOM feel, the ambient sounds are not there, but that's ok, it is Alpha. It might look like BC2 with the HUD and the spotting, but the experience really couldn't be more different.
I doubt anyone with significant time playing BC2 and who played the alpha would say this is like bad company 3.
Like I said before, it plays like a mix of MoH and hardcore Cod4.
Bob how do you come to that conclusion m8 ? BF3 alpha couldn't be further away from cod or moh...it is more like BFBC2 in the sense of ground warfare and the map was linear just like a BFBC2 rush map. Just the enemies seem harder to see when they havent been spotted (with illuminous orange triangles) and camping seems to be all anyone does...even the attacking team. It is slow paced, bad hit detection and hit boxes, the weapons feel like pea shooters, too much animation with the wall jumps and knifing, map was too open and getting scoped from 1 spawn to the other was nothing out of the ordinary. I was very displeased with BF3 alpha, i know its not a finished product and nor is this my final judgement. However BF3 has gone from my most eagerly awaited game ever to being something i might pick up after a try of the final product......no pre order from me.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 02:12 PM   #648
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,948
Default Re: Battlefield 3 News/Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
Bob how do you come to that conclusion m8 ? BF3 alpha couldn't be further away from cod or moh...it is more like BFBC2 in the sense of ground warfare and the map was linear just like a BFBC2 rush map. Just the enemies seem harder to see when they havent been spotted (with illuminous orange triangles) and camping seems to be all anyone does...even the attacking team. It is slow paced, bad hit detection and hit boxes, the weapons feel like pea shooters, too much animation with the wall jumps and knifing, map was too open and getting scoped from 1 spawn to the other was nothing out of the ordinary. I was very displeased with BF3 alpha, i know its not a finished product and nor is this my final judgement. However BF3 has gone from my most eagerly awaited game ever to being something i might pick up after a try of the final product......no pre order from me.
He's a BF BC2 fanboy that wants to try and compare the game to 2 games he doesn't like.

Its quite obvious to anyone that tried the BF3 alpha it's just a rehash of BF BC2 with the exception of seeing your feet when you vault. I mean anyone with any BF BC2 play time would recognize that, he's just trying to be a dick.
__________________
i7-2600k @ 4.6Ghz, Zotac GTX 680 (1310/7000), 16GB DDR3 1600, 2 x 1TB Samsung F3 RAID 0, Windows 7 x64, CPU and GPU custom watercooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.