Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-03-11, 02:15 PM   #649
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget
Default Re: Battlefield 3 News/Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
Bob how do you come to that conclusion m8 ? BF3 alpha couldn't be further away from cod or moh...it is more like BFBC2 in the sense of ground warfare and the map was linear just like a BFBC2 rush map. Just the enemies seem harder to see when they havent been spotted (with illuminous orange triangles) and camping seems to be all anyone does...even the attacking team. It is slow paced, bad hit detection and hit boxes, the weapons feel like pea shooters, too much animation with the wall jumps and knifing, map was too open and getting scoped from 1 spawn to the other was nothing out of the ordinary. I was very displeased with BF3 alpha, i know its not a finished product and nor is this my final judgement. However BF3 has gone from my most eagerly awaited game ever to being something i might pick up after a try of the final product......no pre order from me.
I felt it was like hardcore cod4 because mainly you die extremely fast (1-3 shots), and the game is much more of a twitch shooter than, say, BC2, which turns twitch only in really close quarters imo.
I agree that map construction was very similar to BC2, and yes, 80% of people did nothing but camp, but I am sure you and others have at some points gotten either behind the enemy, spawn camping, or planting/guarding bomb, the openness of the map, and you vulnerability, make the action SO SO much more hectic and fast than BC2 ever was. For example, One round as attacker, I made my way under the little bridge/tunnel area on the left hand side of the first mcons, and i tried to hold this place as enemies started coming, and it just felt like nothing ever in BC2. The speed of this game almost borders something like Quake 3 multiplayer. Anyways that's how i felt...
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 02:23 PM   #650
bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
He's a BF BC2 fanboy that wants to try and compare the game to 2 games he doesn't like.

Its quite obvious to anyone that tried the BF3 alpha it's just a rehash of BF BC2 with the exception of seeing your feet when you vault. I mean anyone with any BF BC2 play time would recognize that, he's just trying to be a dick.
f*ck off cod4 is one of my most favorite mp shooters of all time. If you think BF3 alpha is so similar to BC2, your voice really has a lot of meaning behind it, because you posted your stats, and we see how much experience you have playing BC2. Oh, no wait, you probably suck balls at BC2, and haven't played more than 10 hours. Prove me wrong.
Old 08-03-11, 02:26 PM   #651
bob saget

Quote:
I mean anyone with any BF BC2 play time would recognize that,
just noticed that. you are hilarious. and how much time do YOU have spent playing BC2? Again, i am betting it is no more than 10 hours, possibly between 10 and 15. Prove me wrong.
Old 08-03-11, 02:42 PM   #652
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
just noticed that. you are hilarious. and how much time do YOU have spent playing BC2? Again, i am betting it is no more than 10 hours, possibly between 10 and 15. Prove me wrong.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 02:57 PM   #653
bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC View Post
dont start sh*t up with me doc. i am frothing at the mouth.
Old 08-03-11, 03:02 PM   #654
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
dont start sh*t up with me doc. i am frothing at the mouth.
That's not froth on your mouth.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 04:40 PM   #655
mojoman0

They revamped the entire shooting system as well so firing a gun should feel much different from bc2. Hopefully no more smg laser accuracy. This was one small map in rush mode, well see what separation bf3 will make on full sized conquest maps, the core of bf2 and 1942. This is the next generation frostbite engine so it will inherently share many characteristics from bc2 but my god it looks so much different from the previous battlefield than any cod sequel has
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 06:02 PM   #656
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
f*ck off cod4 is one of my most favorite mp shooters of all time. If you think BF3 alpha is so similar to BC2, your voice really has a lot of meaning behind it, because you posted your stats, and we see how much experience you have playing BC2. Oh, no wait, you probably suck balls at BC2, and haven't played more than 10 hours. Prove me wrong.
Why do my stats matter so much to you? Clearly you cheat, we saw yours. Anyone could do what you did with wall hacks, spot cheats and aim bots. You're no Rambo. Get over yourself and quit being a douche.

BF2 is BF BC2.. I mean really everyone else that played the beta agrees. Its not THAT different from BF BC2 ....and much more like BF BC2 than COD 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-03-11, 06:05 PM   #657
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
haha well u can suck it.

Time:114h 43m 26s
Kills:6 184
Deaths:6 096
K/D Ratio:1.01

Quote:
Old 08-03-11, 06:23 PM   #658
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
haha well u can suck it.

Time:114h 43m 26s
Kills:6 184
Deaths:6 096
K/D Ratio:1.01
How about a link.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 06:25 PM   #659
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
How about a link.
A link to what? I'm not interested in posting my BF BC2 username on here. I'm sure bob would love to join the servers I play in with his cheats enabled trying to look like a hotshot. No thanks. I posted what you wanted to see.

Quote:
Old 08-03-11, 06:30 PM   #660
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
A link to what? I'm not interested in posting my BF BC2 username on here. I'm sure bob would love to join the servers I play in with his cheats enabled trying to look like a hotshot. No thanks. I posted what you wanted to see.
Here are my stats.

Time:967h 56m 24s
Kills:980 235
Deaths:5 654
K/D Ratio:137.37
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote