Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 400/500 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-07-11, 09:33 AM   #13
Rollo

Default Re: nvidia vows to ship kepler by years end

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
Don't doubt yourself, and make someone a wager for $50 that ATi release before nVidia
That's not a bet I would take, but of course after I said I refused it or ignored it, someone here would make a thread saying I owe the person who made the bet the money anyway.
(and that I should "be a man, and pay my bets that were never agreed upon")

I don't care if kepler ships before ATi's parts. As long as ATi isn't offering PhysX or 3d Vision Surround, or something I consider better, their cards are out of the question for me anyway.
(not like I'm going have three 3d monitors and let the capability go to waste, even if ATi cards could give me faster framerates)

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-11, 08:45 AM   #14
grey_1

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2011/08...ch.net+feed%29

Quote:
Nivida has confirmed that it will not be shipping its next generation GPU this year.

Things have been very quiet on the next-gen GPU front recenty, as we mentioned in our recent podcast . However, the news, which is sure to disappoint Nvidia fans hoping to ask Father Christmas for some new shiny silicon before the year is out, was confirmed by Ken Brown, a spokesman for Nvidia over on Techspot.

Keplar - the codename for the successor to Nvidia's current GPU architecture, Fermi, and Nvidia's effort at nailing the 28nm manufacturing process, will not be landing on shelves until 2012

Mr Brown stated 'Although we will have early silicon this year, Kepler-based products are actually scheduled to go into production in 2012. We wanted to clarify this so people wouldn’t expect product to be available this year'
No probs - my 480 is still doing just fine.
Old 08-08-11, 09:24 AM   #15
snowmanwithahat
Snowy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2011/08...ch.net+feed%29

No probs - my 480 is still doing just fine.
Yeh with 470 SLI I can't really say I'm itching for an upgrade
8gb (4x2gb) OCZ Gold DDR2-800 (5-4-4-12)
MSI+ASUS GTX 470 SLI
Dell u3011 IPS Display
HP 22" Auxiliary Monitor
256gb Western Digital Silicon Edge Blue SSD
5x2tb RAID-5 Array
750W PC P&C PSU
Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit & Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit

---Gaming Laptop---
ASUS G53JW
Core i7 740QM
16gb DDR3
Nvidia GTX 460m
1tb WD HDD
120gb Corsair SSD

Join the NvNews Folding @ Home Team
snowmanwithahat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-11, 10:44 AM   #16
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Good! That fits my plan just fine
Yeah, me too. I hate when the itch strikes and I'm not ready to scratch it.
Old 08-09-11, 01:52 PM   #17
wheeljack12

Send a message via Skype™ to wheeljack12

funny thing is that both articles came from the same place. I do agree that to make 28nm manufacturing is going to take some time as it's like a tool and dye company creating a new mold for a product. Your basically redoing your assembly line in that sense and that takes time. Isn't it ironic that TSMC has both AMD and Nvidia by the balls when it comes to production of their gpu's? In the US and Canada, we would call that monopoly and anti-trust.
gigabyte z97x gaming gt mb, 8gb ddr3-1866 mhz ram in dual channel,intel core i7 4790 3.6 ghz quad core cpu, zotac gtx 970 4gb vc,OCZ vector 150 240 gb ssd x 2 in raid 0,evga 1200p2 1200watt 80 plus platinum psu,corsair carbide 500r white case,lg 16x bluray writer, steelseries 6gv2 keyboard ,seiki 39 inch 4k tv, zalman zm-gm3 8200 dpi mouse ,xbox 360 wired controller for windows,adata 16gb usb 2.0 flash drive,windows 8.1 64 bit,creative labs sound blaster zxr pci-e sc,logitech z906 5.1 speakers

I'd rather walk with God in the Dark than shine in the light alone.
wheeljack12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11, 02:37 PM   #18
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeljack12 View Post
funny thing is that both articles came from the same place. I do agree that to make 28nm manufacturing is going to take some time as it's like a tool and dye company creating a new mold for a product. Your basically redoing your assembly line in that sense and that takes time. Isn't it ironic that TSMC has both AMD and Nvidia by the balls when it comes to production of their gpu's? In the US and Canada, we would call that monopoly and anti-trust.
Not really, theres always Global Foundries. In fact I think they might have 28nm up before TSMC does.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11, 04:25 PM   #19
Rollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Not really, theres always Global Foundries. In fact I think they might have 28nm up before TSMC does.
I read someplace the new AMD cards use a different process for 28nm that will likely be ready before the type Kepler uses.

Good fortune for AMD if that's true, first to market equals sales.

Rig 2:

[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Old 08-10-11, 09:43 AM   #20
SirPauly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
offering PhysX or 3d Vision Surround, or something I consider better, their cards are out of the question for me anyway.
http://arkhamcity.co.uk/viewtopic.ph...t=4249#p131399
SirPauly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-10-11, 04:43 PM   #21
Rollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPauly View Post
Exactly. I don't expect every game, or even most to deliver these optimisations. However, NVIDIA cards give me comparable performance on the "old school" rendering, so why not opt to get access to the cool eye candy where available?

Even if NVIDIA sent me packing tomorrow, I'd still buy their cards instead of ATi just for the flexibility.

Rig 2:

Old 08-10-11, 04:49 PM   #22
bacon12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
I read someplace the new AMD cards use a different process for 28nm that will likely be ready before the type Kepler uses.

Good fortune for AMD if that's true, first to market equals sales.
But does it equate profits?
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-11, 06:51 AM   #23
Rollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon12 View Post
But does it equate profits?
It should, I don't see first to market as ever a bad thing. (especially for the holiday season)

Rig 2:

Old 08-11-11, 09:57 AM   #24
SirPauly

Being first has its rewards and if one looks at the setbacks with the incarnations of Fermi -- not only did AMD gain an incredible amount of market share, they actually did retake over-all discrete leadership for a quarter, with solid revenues and profits from their GPU division.

Granted, perfect storms don't hit companies all the time but even talented companies like nVidia and ATI/AMD suffer through them. nVidia weathered this and came back strong with future iterations of the Fermi architecture and did retake share.
SirPauly is offline   Reply With Quote