Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-23-11, 07:18 AM   #13
cmsmith

Default Re: Eurogamer on Xbox3 and PS4 - What To Expect

If that "rendering guy" said "he reckons that's doable now with DX11", then he isn't worth the paycheck he's being paid as he has no idea what he's talking about.
cmsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-11, 04:46 PM   #14
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon12 View Post
I expect it will be the greatest gaming experience ever, or so they will be told. Console players won't realize its hardware they could have been using years ago.
Hardware yes, but not the games. :: With consoles having the biggest piece of the pie in the US the AAA graphic PC titles are few and far between. :: Though with Metro, Stalker 2, Witchers, things are looking good. Oh and RAGE.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11, 06:35 AM   #15
dairy hick
*BANNED*

It's obviously marketing hype.

I remember in early 1995 when Howard Lincoln said the Ultra 64 (renamed Nintendo 64) would deliver Jurassic Park and T2 quality effects. I also remember how Sony overhyped the PS2 in 99 so that everyone would wait and so that no one other than the most hardcore Sega fanboys like myself would buy the Dreamcast.

I'll never understand why Sega never loudly told gamers that Sony was overhyping.
dairy hick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11, 10:34 AM   #16
nicorulez

Obviously, the consoles even if released in 2013 will not have much more horsepower then a mid-range pc at the time of release. However, what may benefit pc gamers is if both Sony and Microsoft utilize a more pc-centric standard such as DirectX. Look at games today. With the option for AA/AF and high rez effects, crysis can be run on a 10,000 dollar monster system or 2000 dollar average system with significant visual fidelity differences between the two. The consoles of next gen will be akin to the 5800GTX enabled pc's of today. The pc's of two years will probably be DirectX 12 compatible, but play DirectX 11 very well. Obviously, it would benefit gamers in general if the consoles and pc's have some sort of standard. Hopefully, Sony and Microsoft won't go Nintendogs route and release a circa 2008 console. Will be interesting.
nicorulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11, 07:13 PM   #17
Viral
Registered User of Women

Quote:
Originally Posted by dairy hick View Post
I'll never understand why Sega never loudly told gamers that Sony was overhyping.
Because they too were probably caught up in the hype and were afraid that sony may use the PS2 to launch missiles at their HQ if they slandered them.

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote