Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-13-11, 12:53 AM   #709
Redeemed

Default Re: Battlefield 3 News/Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
Yea i am going to wait it out as well, there are other good games coming out this year that will keep me busy. It is a shame because i was looking forward to BF3, but i wont take part of Origin.
This is precisely how I feel.

Only I've already got Origin on my machine. Had to in order to take advantage of that great sale they had on Crysis 2 and Dead Space 2 a few days ago. So far I don't mind it.

That said, BF3 is no longer as high up on my purchase list as it used to be. I'm more interested in Skyrim, Prey2, and a few other titles.

EDIT: Infact, I'm starting to consider this a very good thing. As it stands Valve doesn't really have any competition regarding Steam. Only EA with their backing could produce a client that could honestly compete with Steam. And from the perspective of us- the consumer- this is a *great* thing. It'll help keep Valve in check, on their toes, etc. I highly doubt Origin could dethrone Steam, at least not for several years.

I think most of the complaints is because people don't take well to change. Most of ya'll hated steam when it first came out, I was hear to read all your bickering. Now ya'll love it and swear not to use Origin. Give it time, I'm betting Origin will catch on, and it'll be a great service.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-11, 01:19 AM   #710
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

boycotting BF3 simply for the reason it is not on steam is just silly. people care more about the download service than the game
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-11, 03:48 AM   #711
Runningman

and this is a big deal how?....what am I missing here?
Runningman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-11, 05:34 AM   #712
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung View Post
True, it's borderline moronic Like i said earlier what's the damn difference ? It's just a different download service and don't say steam overlay as roadhog did because that works with nonsteam games aswell.

Some suggest that they won't use origin just for the sole fact that EA's behind it, like they're some evil entity and that's just daft.

Agreed 100 %

Competition is a good thing, here steam's prices needs to be a bit lower on new games since it's still cheaper buying hard copy retail games. Steam is just an option if i feel REALLY lazy.

News flash...Steam doesn't control the pricing, which is why Valve games are always at USD for Australians, while most of the other games are double the price.

Infact on Origin store ME3 is at 100USD for Australians.

There is no option here, it is forced down on us. I was going to use Origin to get BF3 because people were saying Origin is not needed in order to play BF3, but now that it is confirmed there is no point in getting it right away.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-11, 11:23 AM   #713
bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Exactly. Not going to support such a bad service like Origin. And it's a very cheesy, almost Microsoft-like move, to use a AAA game to promote the service.
Why is Origin a bad service?
Also, it is very smart to use BF3 to promote it, because then many people will get origin because they want to take part in BF3. If they used some game that is not known well, that would just be fail.
Old 08-13-11, 11:29 AM   #714
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest

I dont see how origin is such a big deal breaker. Like what someone said many posts back, you'll probably forget all about it the moment you're in the game with guns blazin. And how bad can it be? We've had far worser DRMs. (Ubisoft, GFWL)
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |

Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-11, 11:37 AM   #715
bob saget

I see. Fair point.
Old 08-13-11, 02:05 PM   #716
Sean_W

You are a bunch of hypocrites as usual. Steam is forced to play their games as well as third party games. Seems to be you're just a bunch of Steam elitists who think there shouldn't be any other Steam like services. Steam maybe good but it has it flaws and at least Origin lets you install games like retail, not forced to use the client to play the game.

I'll buy BF3 but if you guys don't want to because of your stuck to Steam attitude them you're the ones losing out. I'm sure you guys will buy BF3 though, because you are hypocrites.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-11, 02:12 PM   #717
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Steam maybe good but it has it flaws and at least Origin lets you install games like retail, not forced to use the client to play the game.
So does steam... You only need it for steamworks games. Any game that isn't you can play with steam closed.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-11, 02:36 PM   #718
Sean_W

Wrong actually because everytime you play a game installed using Steam, you have to connect to it and it runs in the background. Origin works like retail disks, I can play Crysis Warhead like a retail disk but I brought it on Origin.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-11, 03:55 PM   #719
ATi
RooR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
yea, a dual core just doesnt cut it anymore. A buddy of mine just had a setup like that with Q9550. Sold the CPU on Hardforums for $160. That would be your best bet... a used Q9550 or 9560 unless you are ready to completely overhaul it.
upgrading to this how will it play bf3? and can my corsair620HX handle the quad upgrade?
cpu
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115073
ram
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231314
mobo
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131705
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 2 x 4GB 1648
HD1.5tb
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
corsair620HX
Windows7 64 home premium
Dell LED G2210