Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-13-11, 08:30 PM   #733
Roadhog
Resident Alien
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,776
Default Re: Battlefield 3 News/Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Because games now don't, so why would BF3? Why do you assume it works like Steam?
I'm not assuming it will work like steam or if it won't work like steam. You are the one stating it won't require origin to play.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-11, 08:35 PM   #734
Sean_W
Registered User
 
Sean_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,423
Default Re: Battlefield 3 News/Info

Well you are because you said this
Quote:
How can you say BF3 wont require origin to run
As I said, games brought from Origin don't require Origin to work, so BF3 shouldn't be any different because it treats them like retail game installs. It's an easy assumption to make because I have brought games from Origin.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-11, 08:39 PM   #735
Roadhog
Resident Alien
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,776
Default Re: Battlefield 3 News/Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Well you are because you said this

As I said, games brought from Origin don't require Origin to work, so BF3 shouldn't be any different because it treats them like retail game installs.
That was actually a question of your statement.


also,
https://twitter.com/#!/zh1nt0/status/100892143303925760

Straight from a bf3 dev. If origin isn't required, then why would he say it was required for retail bought games?
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-11, 08:49 PM   #736
Sean_W
Registered User
 
Sean_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,423
Default Re: Battlefield 3 News/Info

meh, the point should be clear enough now, so Steam users don't have anything to rant and moan about but clearly Steam users make the assumption they need Origin to run the game because that's on major complaint, since they assume it works like Steam.


Origin works like retail disks, it's not tied to the client, clear?
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-11, 08:52 PM   #737
Sean_W
Registered User
 
Sean_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,423
Default Re: Battlefield 3 News/Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
also,
https://twitter.com/#!/zh1nt0/status/100892143303925760

Straight from a bf3 dev. If origin isn't required, then why would he say it was required for retail bought games?
If so when you start BF3 from your desktop it opens Origin then it will be the first game that does it. This could possible mean that all it does is add BF3 to your games in Origin.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-11, 08:52 PM   #738
Roadhog
Resident Alien
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,776
Default Re: Battlefield 3 News/Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
meh, the point should be clear enough now, so Steam users don't have anything to rant and moan about but clearly Steam users make the assumption they need Origin to run the game because that's on major complaint, since they assume it works like Steam.


Origin works like retail disks, it's not tied to the client, clear?
That's not what the twitter post implies.

It's annoying though. For the alpha, I had to create a shortcut on my desktop to the game, then add that shortcut to steam, then only to find out that the steam overlay would barely work with origin running in the background.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-11, 08:53 PM   #739
Roadhog
Resident Alien
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,776
Default Re: Battlefield 3 News/Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
If it is true that when you start BF3 from your desktop it opens Origin then it will be the first game that does it.

It could possible mean that all it does is add BF3 to your games in Origin
That's how the alpha was. I added it to my desktop and it opened origin every time. EA need something big to sell origin... So why not make bf3 require origin. lol
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-11, 08:58 PM   #740
Sean_W
Registered User
 
Sean_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,423
Default Re: Battlefield 3 News/Info

Fair enough then, EA seem to be using Origin like Steam with BF3. There is not much I can say about that but the client is still beta so meh. Who said competition was fair anyway.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-11, 09:00 PM   #741
Roadhog
Resident Alien
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,776
Default Re: Battlefield 3 News/Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Fair enough then, EA seem to be using Origin like Steam with BF3. There is not much I can say about that but the client is still beta so meh.
I really don't care if it requires origin. I just want my ****ing steam overlay to work with it and ill be a happy camper.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-11, 09:04 PM   #742
Sean_W
Registered User
 
Sean_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,423
Default Re: Battlefield 3 News/Info

Origin has one as well. I assume the issue is with all your Steam friends? Not sure if BF3 will have an option like BFBC2 has where you can see your friends playing on servers and join them.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-11, 09:54 PM   #743
K007
 
K007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Australia, Sydney
Posts: 9,406
Default Re: Battlefield 3 News/Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Fair enough then, EA seem to be using Origin like Steam with BF3. There is not much I can say about that but the client is still beta so meh. Who said competition was fair anyway.
it is EA Downloader. they just put a new name to it...so it is not beta.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-11, 11:40 PM   #744
mojoman0
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: California
Posts: 3,566
Default Re: Battlefield 3 News/Info

Eh they've actually added quite a few features like friends as well as an overlay like steams
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.