Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-18-11, 12:26 PM   #37
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Default Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 to get “exceptional post-launch support”

After the beta is released for BF3, I don't doubt some people just cancel preorders outright. Not that great of a game. I'll get it when EA pulls their head out of their ass and puts it on Steam and then it goes on sale for 30 bucks or something.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-11, 12:30 PM   #38
Retrolock
®

Default Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 to get “exceptional post-launch support”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
After the beta is released for BF3, I don't doubt some people just cancel preorders outright. Not that great of a game. I'll get it when EA pulls their head out of their ass and puts it on Steam and then it goes on sale for 30 bucks or something.
It is EA's right not to put their games on Steam. I'm not defending EA because Origin is a mediocre glorified program launcher anyway, but people need to accept the fact that BF3 is not going to Steam. Heck, MW3 is covering 3/4 of the Steam's main page. That's Valve saying FU to EA.
Old 08-18-11, 01:38 PM   #39
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
That's the statement before the release. To push Origin.
1-2 months after the release, the hype is gone and the sales peaks in the past. Then it'll suddenly show up on Steam as well.
I dont know they did talk about the restrictiveness of steam I don't think we'll see it on steam... ever. And for those that wont buy it any other way... they may end up buying MW3 just because they can on steam

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-11, 02:13 PM   #40
mojoman0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrolock View Post
It is EA's right not to put their games on Steam. I'm not defending EA because Origin is a mediocre glorified program launcher anyway, but people need to accept the fact that BF3 is not going to Steam. Heck, MW3 is covering 3/4 of the Steam's main page. That's Valve saying FU to EA.
I think thats more like Activision handing a fat wad of cash to valve
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-11, 02:15 PM   #41
mojoman0

Quote:
good, the longer it takes for us to hear how bad the game is because you suck the better
Old 08-18-11, 02:24 PM   #42
mojoman0

but it could all end up being a publicity stunt in the end. I mean what PC gamer doesnt know about origin now? it really wouldnt surprise me to see BF3 on steam with a month or 2 after release
Old 08-18-11, 05:11 PM   #43
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
but it could all end up being a publicity stunt in the end. I mean what PC gamer doesnt know about origin now? it really wouldnt surprise me to see BF3 on steam with a month or 2 after release
That is ALL it is. There is nothing else to it. EA is talking crap about the policies of Steam to try and act like their service is so much better.
Old 08-18-11, 05:38 PM   #44
mojoman0

well when you are one of the biggest games publishers in the world and you have the means to distribute your own game its seriously weird to pay your sometimes competitor/partner to do what you can do. People dont like it because Valve has cornered the digital games market which has allowed them to develop a system which is highly respected but has not always been. And i dont even think its the steam that people are wild about, they just like having everything in one place

Old 08-18-11, 05:42 PM   #45
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

If BF3 wasn't on Steam I'd be fine with it. My problem is the fact that they are lying so badly just to try and promote their own crappy service is the part I think is retarded.
Old 08-18-11, 06:18 PM   #46
mojoman0

considering Valve made no comment whatsover about EA's claims and Gabe Newell recently started sucking up to them, I see no reason to believe EA is lying about anything. They simply have a set of standards that work for their business model and customer relations, and its up to the distributor to allow them to achieve these goals, or they have no problem distributing themselves
Old 08-19-11, 12:10 PM   #47
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:
If BF3 wasn't on Steam I'd be fine with it. My problem is the fact that they are lying so badly just to try and promote their own crappy service is the part I think is retarded.
I find it easier if you don't listen or read what these developers say.
I am the #1 Obama supporter
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-11, 09:30 AM   #48
Logical

Multiplayer reveal trailer....

Not to be childish, but how der f**k do IW/Sledgehammer/Activision think that that POS will compete with BF3....I mean seriously, it looks no different than Black ops/MW2 except they have added a few more gayer unlocks and stupid gadgets that ruin the experience...

Call of Duty MWfail will sell thousands for name only, as a game it looks like a group of monkeys have got together and modded black ops and labelled it MW3....This will be the first time that i do not buy a CoD title..... RIP CoD....
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote