Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-16-11, 05:23 PM   #25
grey_1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: WHQL 280.26 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung View Post
Something really weird happened with these, when i first tried them i had some stability issues : they stopped responding and crysis wouldn't run in dx11. So i installed the ones you're using now but i must have messed it up somehow because videos showed green pixels/lines around objects. Tried reinstalling both the earlier set and the 280's both nothing helped , green pixels came back in videofiles/movies .

Today i did a system recovery to where the 280.26's is now installed and not only is the green pixels gone in movies, they're also solid as a rock sofar in games. Not one single error/glitch wich is ofc good but i have no idea why it works now.
yeah..
And physx and all is working fine for you? Color me confused too - Not sure if I mentioned it before, but I did install these twice trying to fix it. Now I'm tempted to try it again. I can always roll back if I need too...or i could just be happy with what I have as it works fine.


I'm glad you got yours sorted though - gotta decide if I want to give these another go or not.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-11, 05:48 PM   #26
grey_1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: WHQL 280.26 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung View Post
Yea lol i dare not change them again now Been gaming 5 hours tonight and they've been perfect, not playing anything with phys-x atm though. There's a phys-x bench i could try, let's see if i can find it.
Oh that's cool bro - do me a favor though. See if physx at least shows in your programs and features. It never did in mine, but if I tried to install another physx package the installer insisted it was there. Again...confused.

Thanks Sammy
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-11, 05:54 PM   #27
Ninja Prime
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,263
Default Re: WHQL 280.26 Released

I haven't bothered to rollback yet, but these drivers have issues. Some kind of overheating issue like a while back, where its agressively upclocking and downclocking, skipping the usual in-between points. Heard of some WoW players having overheating issues, unless you manually control your fan speeds like I do, it would be good to watch temps in games. I've noticed just on the desktop surfing the web, I get this odd pattern of it clocking up to full speed, and then back down again, basically half the time its running at full speed just on desktop use, average temps have gone up 10 degrees. Not sure if its some new fan profile or clock settings for certain types of use, but its stupid, if you don't hand-manage your own fan it can get you to overheating when you wouldn't expect it.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-11, 05:57 PM   #28
grey_1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: WHQL 280.26 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
I haven't bothered to rollback yet, but these drivers have issues. Some kind of overheating issue like a while back, where its agressively upclocking and downclocking, skipping the usual in-between points. Heard of some WoW players having overheating issues, unless you manually control your fan speeds like I do, it would be good to watch temps in games. I've noticed just on the desktop surfing the web, I get this odd pattern of it clocking up to full speed, and then back down again, basically half the time its running at full speed just on desktop use, average temps have gone up 10 degrees. Not sure if its some new fan profile or clock settings for certain types of use, but its stupid, if you don't hand-manage your own fan it can get you to overheating when you wouldn't expect it.
Wow (no pun intended) that's the first I heard of that, with this set anyway. My Accelero's fans run at 100% regardless of what I'm doing, glad of that now. I'd dump em quick after seeing that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-11, 06:10 PM   #29
grey_1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: WHQL 280.26 Released

Alrighty then - thanks for doing that sammy - I may have to sleep on this, I almost cried when my favorites games wouldn't launch. LD
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-11, 09:01 PM   #30
Ninja Prime
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,263
Default Re: WHQL 280.26 Released

60% fan is plenty for wow, thats why you aren't seeing any issues, its people who don't manage their fans and/or don't know much about cards other than installing them that are having the problems. People are reporting fan staying down at 40% or so until card is up at 90C, then it starts to kick up, but often by that time you have a driver crash from heat.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-11, 08:11 AM   #31
Yaboze
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 2,057
Default Re: WHQL 280.26 Released

I'm not sure if it's me, the drivers or what, but my GPU fan seems to be weird with these drivers. I am not seeing any performance increases in what I am playing, so I dropped back to 270.61.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-11, 09:56 AM   #32
grey_1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: WHQL 280.26 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
I'm not sure if it's me, the drivers or what, but my GPU fan seems to be weird with these drivers. I am not seeing any performance increases in what I am playing, so I dropped back to 270.61.
I wonder if that was the issue Ninja mentioned above?

I'm sticking with the 270.61s too..... forever if NV keeps releasing buggy drivers.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-23-11, 10:58 AM   #33
Yaboze
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 2,057
Default Re: WHQL 280.26 Released

I'm not sure what it is, I monitored the temps, they were OK, but it seemed like my fan was just going up and down very slightly at the desktop.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-11, 05:56 AM   #34
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist
 
Peoples-Agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Berkshire, UK
Posts: 4,308
Default Re: WHQL 280.26 Released

Awful drivers for Deus Ex HR, I know that much. Nasty CTD has reared it's ugly head, weird clockspeed issues in Windows.

Just hope they haven't nerfed my cards.
__________________
For The Fallen
With proud thanksgiving, a mother for her children,
England mourns for her dead across the sea.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-11, 06:01 AM   #35
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist
 
Peoples-Agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Berkshire, UK
Posts: 4,308
Default Re: WHQL 280.26 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
I wonder if that was the issue Ninja mentioned above?

I'm sticking with the 270.61s too..... forever if NV keeps releasing buggy drivers.
Your not alone, most of us aren't.

Ouch!

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?s...c=207666&st=80
__________________
For The Fallen
With proud thanksgiving, a mother for her children,
England mourns for her dead across the sea.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-11, 08:39 AM   #36
grey_1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: WHQL 280.26 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples-Agent View Post
Your not alone, most of us aren't.

Ouch!

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?s...c=207666&st=80
oh wow! Looks like they're getting worse every release...what the heck?

Yeah, staying where I'm at. I haven't heard of any fubared cards yet, but that deal a while back with cards getting toasted keeps coming to mind and I don't want to have to replace my 480. Staying right where I'm at until people start reporting stable and solid.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.