Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-23-11, 11:02 AM   #37
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Re: Deus Ex HR

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasedww View Post
It will keep me busy for a good while.
he was asking why pre-order such bad game, game is out in Poland aleady, highest review score right now is 5 out of 10, and that is quite bad.
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-11, 11:03 AM   #38
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
from what I remember from the first one it was the same way... either keep quiet or save your game often and try to rambo your way through the area.
The game limits the amount of saves you can have in a level. Either that or it was at a non-save point when I tried it. Not sure.

Any way the game is a blast. I love the look and feel of the game. I like sneaking around. Best of all the game runs really smooth. I can crank up the graphics on my 570.
I am the #1 Obama supporter
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-11, 11:12 AM   #39
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
he was asking why pre-order such bad game, game is out in Poland aleady, highest review score right now is 5 out of 10, and that is quite bad.
Then game reviewers in Poland are incompetent. Maybe they reviewed it on a console.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/61...eview-Round-up

IncGamers - 10/10
Metro - 5/5
Worthplaying - 9.7/10
Destructoid - 9.5/10
Strategy Informer - 9.5/10
CVG - 94%
PC Gamer - 94%
1UP - A
Edge - 9/10
Eurogamer - 9/10
IGN - 9/10
Joystiq - 4.5/5
Gamespot - 8.5/10
GameSpy - 4/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-11, 11:22 AM   #40
|MaguS|

Quote:
Then game reviewers in Poland are incompetent. Maybe they reviewed it on a console.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/61...eview-Round-up

IncGamers - 10/10
Metro - 5/5
Worthplaying - 9.7/10
Destructoid - 9.5/10
Strategy Informer - 9.5/10
CVG - 94%
PC Gamer - 94%
1UP - A
Edge - 9/10
Eurogamer - 9/10
IGN - 9/10
Joystiq - 4.5/5
Gamespot - 8.5/10
GameSpy - 4/5
I wasnt talking about deus ex...
Old 08-23-11, 11:25 AM   #41
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
I wasnt talking about deus ex...
which game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-11, 11:31 AM   #42
|MaguS|

Quote:
which game?
The game he mentioned in his post, The Cartel... Learn to read.
Old 08-23-11, 06:58 PM   #43
Destroy

So how annoying is the regen health?

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-11, 07:05 PM   #44
Ninja Prime

Quote:
from what I remember from the first one it was the same way... either keep quiet or save your game often and try to rambo your way through the area.
No, in the first Deus Ex, going in guns blazing was an option, as long as you were properly equipped. Its not even an option here. No joke, first actual gun fight, on the default difficultly, I peak around a corner, looking at two guys, headshot one guy, second guy sprays a 4 shot burst and I'm dead. We are talking I have 90% cover and have peaked out for maybe one second. Maybe later in the game when you have full augs, but even then it looks iffy to me.

Another irritating thing, the way it loads, if you load a save, it takes over a minute. I have the steam version, so its all on my SSD, 250MB/s, and it takes a minute to load. By my calculation, a minute at 250MB/s is 15 gigabytes, and the game isn't even that big... so wtf. Seems like its using the console RAM limits or something when loading. In game streamed loads are instantaneous though, so thats nice. I can imagine those on the console loading off the DVD/BR drive would be super irritating.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-23-11, 07:08 PM   #45
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
So how annoying is the regen health?
Ehh, its ok. I think they overtuned the bad guys to account for it, thats the most annoying part. In the original Deus Ex you had a health regen aug, but you had to turn it on, so it kinda has parity. I think they could have gone with slower regen but more health, or an activated health aug, but its not too annoying.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-11, 07:35 PM   #46
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

Been playing for awhile today and I'm not all that impressed. Two things stand out to me. One is bad mouse lag, always feeling the movement is trailing the mouse. Granted this is a slow paced game as opposed to say a Fear 3 but it's still quite noticeable for me. I didn't really notice any difference in this with vsync off or on or changing any settings. Feels like way too much built in mouse smoothing. Second, exceedingly long load times. Longer load times than any of my 50 games I have on my computer. Even when you go back to the same save, it still takes way too long to load. Seems this game is not very optimized. You don't want to die too much in this game cause the load times will kill ya. I have a long way to go in the game so right now I'm just doing a "so far".
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-11, 09:11 PM   #47
ahheadlock

pre-ordered last night. Keen to check it out when i get home.
ahheadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-11, 09:37 PM   #48
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike89 View Post
Been playing for awhile today and I'm not all that impressed. Two things stand out to me. One is bad mouse lag, always feeling the movement is trailing the mouse. Granted this is a slow paced game as opposed to say a Fear 3 but it's still quite noticeable for me. I didn't really notice any difference in this with vsync off or on or changing any settings. Feels like way too much built in mouse smoothing. Second, exceedingly long load times. Longer load times than any of my 50 games I have on my computer. Even when you go back to the same save, it still takes way too long to load. Seems this game is not very optimized. You don't want to die too much in this game cause the load times will kill ya. I have a long way to go in the game so right now I'm just doing a "so far".
Im having the opposite problem, the mouse is great when firing off the hip but off iron sights its uber sensetive.

Load times are bad in this game... it takes longer then it should after a death.

I personally am loving the game, I feel like its a strong mix of the original and the second one. They removed alot of the bad from both games and made a solid game from the good. Is it perfect? No, but its one of the best FPS games I have played in awhile.