sillyeagle
sillyego

Default Re: Deus Ex HR

The dude is Robocop!!! lol
EVGA Intel X58
Old 08-24-11, 12:05 AM   #50
LurkerLito

I am liking the game a lot also, and completely agree that load times are very bad. But I have to say I am real happy they put in a FOV switch . It definitely is not a run and gun game, so if you are thinking that prepare to die and die a whole lot.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-11, 12:12 AM   #51
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Im having the opposite problem, the mouse is great when firing off the hip but off iron sights its uber sensetive.
Oh yeah, I have to turn the DPI down, other wise I am all over the place. Like ur mom. lol

Quote:
Load times are bad in this game... it takes longer then it should after a death.
Isn't that annoying? I have it on my SSD and it is still slow. I got and make a five course meal while waiting for the next level.

[/quote]I personally am loving the game, I feel like its a strong mix of the original and the second one. They removed alot of the bad from both games and made a solid game from the good. Is it perfect? No, but its one of the best FPS games I have played in awhile.[/quote]
OH yeah. I am hooked. Total blast for me thus far. The only thing I really hate is picking up every box I see in the hopes to get a few credits. I have to break my self of that annoying habit. It is slowing my game progress down.
I am the #1 Obama supporter
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-11, 01:33 AM   #52
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

Anyone got SLI working out of the box? Is it supported even?
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-11, 07:36 AM   #53
PaiN
Don't make me MAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
I feel like its a strong mix of the original and the second one. They removed alot of the bad from both games and made a solid game from the good. Is it perfect? No, but its one of the best FPS games I have played in awhile.
Amen to that, this game is a notch above anything I've played in a long while.
I'm ~4-5hours in at this point and can't wait to unfold the story Its no run and gun-er but I found a nice balance of sneak & shoot that seems to work. Technically it runs smooth, I've had no problems except of one CTD when trying to view a tutorial.
Core i5 2500K @ 4.2ghz | EVGA Superclock M020 | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaws X PC1600 | EVGA GTX760SC | SB X-Fi Xtremegamer | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610w PSU | (2) WD Black 640gb in RAID"0" | MSI SATA DVD-RW | Saitek Eclipse kb | Logi G5v2 mouse / Steelseries QcK | Antec P182 "Gunmetal" | Logitech 5300a THX 5.1 speakers | ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD
-Windows7 64bit
PaiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-11, 08:35 AM   #54
grey_1

I want to want this game - the trailers all look awesome, the feedback is great - I just can't seem to pull the trigger and buy it. WHY??!?!
Old 08-24-11, 09:23 AM   #55
K007

is the movement still awkward?...as in the mouse movement...ads/xhair
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-11, 10:41 AM   #56
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

movement is akward, but the game is great so far.
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-11, 11:19 AM   #57
ElL33t
Brobama

My biggest beef with this game is the same I have with every game out there. Cut-scenes look horrible. Cut-scenes actually have the same quality of games I played in the early 90s. Why is this? Why do cut-scenes always look blurry, low resolution and such? This is something I have never understood. If someone can tell me the reason why they can't or do not want to make clear good looking cut-scenes I would be grateful.
Old 08-24-11, 11:26 AM   #58
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElL33t View Post
My biggest beef with this game is the same I have with every game out there. Cut-scenes look horrible. Cut-scenes actually have the same quality of games I played in the early 90s. Why is this? Why do cut-scenes always look blurry, low resolution and such? This is something I have never understood. If someone can tell me the reason why they can't or do not want to make clear good looking cut-scenes I would be grateful.
Yeah I'm not sure whats up with the crappy FMV quality, the custscenes are rendered with in game resouces mostly, so why didnt they just make scripted in-game cutscenes, why are they video at all? Seems a bit retarded. Loving the game though, have 20 hours played in 2 days heh.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-11, 11:32 AM   #59
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Yeah I'm not sure whats up with the crappy FMV quality, the custscenes are rendered with in game resouces mostly, so why didnt they just make scripted in-game cutscenes, why are they video at all? Seems a bit retarded. Loving the game though, have 20 hours played in 2 days heh.
dang 20 hours. I've got maybe 2 and a half. It will take me a long time to finish this game. I don't mind. It will be fun to have this to come home to. Just too many things going on after work before I can get on the game.

You can look at Wing Commander and see the same quality of cuts-scenes. It looks compressed.

In no way does this affect the game. It's just something have noticed over the last 17 years and never understood why.
Old 08-24-11, 12:29 PM   #60
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

Unlocked early with VPN.

Great game, but the stuttering you get when out in the streets is annoying.

Checked the ram usage, its waaay down. Less than 1GB at times. Asset streaming is causing the stutter.

This game needs a patch.

Check this thread http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2075294
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote