Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-25-11, 11:25 AM   #73
brady
I'm like everyone else.

Default Re: Deus Ex HR

Fun game, but kinda ugly if you ask me. The first person view in this game just looks and feels strange.

C2D @ 3.0GHz | GA-P35-DS3L | 4GB DDR2 | HIS AMD 6990 4GB | OS X Lion 10.7 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64
brady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-11, 03:51 PM   #74
LurkerLito

I reached the first boss battle and let me say it's a complete cop out by the developers IMHO. I have been playing stealthy all the way, and now I am stuck in a run and gun battle to the death. It feels so unbelievably out of place for the way I have been playing and it is the first real disappointment I had with the game.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-11, 04:30 PM   #75
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurkerLito View Post
I reached the first boss battle and let me say it's a complete cop out by the developers IMHO. I have been playing stealthy all the way, and now I am stuck in a run and gun battle to the death. It feels so unbelievably out of place for the way I have been playing and it is the first real disappointment I had with the game.
Run and gun? Pfft just concussion grenade him and pop him in the head until he recovers then repeat. I just took cover and in less then 5 mins he was dead.
Old 08-25-11, 09:38 PM   #76
v3rninater
Blowin up since 1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by abtomat74 View Post
5 hours in and it gets the abtomat seal of approval.

I'd say it's Blade Runner-ish in music and style, plays like Ridd-ick and Splinter Cell with a Mass Effect social format.
You do realize that Riddick, Splinter Cell, and Mass Effect all took their queues from elements of the first Deus Ex right?

DX1 was the game to beat as far as I'm concerned, and it's really sad that people are so corporatized that they still haven't been able to beat DX1, a 2001 released video game...

Says something about society and how no-one wants to step up, be a pioneer, and take risks.
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.4ghz 1600fsb || Gigabyte P45 EP45-UD3R stable as a rooock! || 4gb G-Skill DDR2 PC8500 5-5-5-15 || EVGA 580-GTX 1.5gb || Creative Fatal1ty Xram Sound Card 7.1 ||G-Skill Phoenix Pro SSD 120gb|| WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || 2x Samsung DVD burner 16x DVD+\- || Corsair 620watt PSU
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit (640gb hd)

AMD Phenom II X6 T1090 || Gigabyte GA880 || 4gb G-skill Ripjaw DDR3 1600 || MSI 8800 Ultra o/c || WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || ASUS DVD Burner || XFX 750 watt PSU

LG 60" 1080p 600Hz Plasma HDTV 60PS11
Xbox 360
v3rninater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-11, 10:30 PM   #77
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3rninater View Post
You do realize that Riddick, Splinter Cell, and Mass Effect all took their queues from elements of the first Deus Ex right?

DX1 was the game to beat as far as I'm concerned, and it's really sad that people are so corporatized that they still haven't been able to beat DX1, a 2001 released video game...

Says something about society and how no-one wants to step up, be a pioneer, and take risks.
I think a lot of games beat DX1, But Im not that big of a fan of the game...
Old 08-26-11, 04:45 AM   #78
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

Game has crashed a couple of times since I got into the China levels. One was a nasty sound loop nVidia crash.

New drivers are out, so will see what they are for. 280.36 WHQL
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-11, 06:13 AM   #79
ATi
RooR

this game is so awesome!
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 2 x 4GB 1648
HD1.5tb
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
corsair620HX
Windows7 64 home premium
Dell LED G2210
ATi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-11, 08:30 AM   #80
LurkerLito

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Run and gun? Pfft just concussion grenade him and pop him in the head until he recovers then repeat. I just took cover and in less then 5 mins he was dead.
Yeah I know using grenades made the encounter easy, that is how I beat it. It's not the difficulty of the battle but the way the boss battle was done that is my issue with it. If you were playing stealthy the whole way, trying not to be detected and kill people, it was a cop out by the devs to not have a different way to do it. The boss battle was to just trap you in a room with a bunch of ammo laying around, a character with a lot of hit points, and no other way but to go kill the guy to continue. Maybe I was expecting too much from the game.

It's like, as you were playing Splinter Cell or Metal Gear Solid or Thief, the game throws a cut scene of you approaching a arcade game cabinet being surrounded by enemies and being told finish to level 2 of Pacman to kill all enemies on screen and continue to the next level. Yeah it's not impossible to do but it didn't fit the play style.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-11, 08:52 AM   #81
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

woot, loading times are fixed! Mine feel to be cut in half, smaller levels like LIMB clinics load in a few seconds even.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-11, 09:39 AM   #82
wysiwyg

thought were on dx11 now not dx1 :{P
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-11, 10:32 AM   #83
Destroy

Was able to play this for myself finally. Not all that impressed. The visuals just don't encourage solid atmosphere for me. Everything is very antiseptic feeling like Mass Effect was. Way too many gaudy 'press E bla bla' crap constantly; that can ALL be turned off I hope, didn't check. Mouse control is fubar; no gfx setting or mouse setting make it feel tight. Regen health really not liking at all. Cover system is so game mechanic tiring, rather have lean instead. UI still feels very consolish, could of halved the menu page count with better, smaller mouse and text design.

I definitely still much prefer EYE by a large margin over this game for a cyber punk FPS/RPG. HR feels tedious and slowish, while EYE is brain wacking intense.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-11, 11:06 AM   #84
Ninja Prime

38 hours, beat it. Spoiler town below, with impressions:
Spoiling!

I loved the game, kept me paying non-stop, but it has its flaws. Rundown of flaws, boss fights are total fail cop-outs. Gameplay is more sneak around than anything, you are taught that straight up fights just get you killed, then they make the boss fights straight up Doom style spray at the cyberdemon fights. Weak. The method of energy regen tends to be a pain in the ass, you have 5 energy bars, but only one recharges if you use them up, you have to use items to recharge the extra bars. So annyoing. The last level, and the endings, are total rushed cop-outs. All these levels of awesome gameplay, and the last level ends up being mostly a zombie-rush of retard-level zombies. All those choices and effects from choices coming back to you, but at the ending, you get 4 buttons to change the ending at your leisure. There goes most of the replay, fail. Despite the major flaws, I still love the game, it feels like a good prequel to Deus Ex.

End of spoiling.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote