Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-26-11, 09:18 PM   #97
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: Deus Ex HR

I got a spare Explosive mission code if anyone wants to upgrade their Steam version to the proper Augmented version.

I'm thinking 100USD should cover costs to email/PM the code.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-11, 12:21 AM   #98
ElL33t
Brobama

Disable v-sync and the game loads faster.
I am the #1 Obama supporter
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-11, 12:26 AM   #99
crainger

vsync in game? or completely system wide? I force it and triple buffering with D3Doveridder but have it off in game.

Anyone know how to skip intros?
Old 08-27-11, 06:12 AM   #100
BioHazZarD
USCM Marine

Send a message via MSN to BioHazZarD

intros are packed in a big file so not that easy...
Chieftec Miditower /w 5 case fans | Corsair 620W HX PSU | Asus M4N98TD EVO SLI | AMD Athlon2 X2 260 3,2GHz | Corsair 3GB PC3-10666 | eVGA Geforce GTX 460 1GB (336shader) | Samsung Spinpoint x2 250GB HD +SATA 320GB | SB Audigy 4 @ 2.1 | Samsung Syncmaster BX2331 TFT 23" running 1920x1080@60hz | Windows XP PRO SP2 | |
BioHazZarD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-11, 06:38 AM   #101
crainger

Especially with SSDs. ME2 had that nasty bug where the loading .biks had to play before it would load. LOL the joy of multi platforming.
Old 08-27-11, 08:11 AM   #102
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

Fixed my problems, less stuttering and hasn't crashed once since this morning.

First I updated the bios.

Next step was to change windows power management to Performance and CPU to always 100%.

In that setting, it also changes PCI Express Link State power management to off.

Game is stuttering hardly at all, and no crashes.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-11, 09:12 AM   #103
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
vsync in game? or completely system wide? I force it and triple buffering with D3Doveridder but have it off in game.

Anyone know how to skip intros?
just in game. I know it sounds goofy but it does work. I was reading a write up on it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...disable_vsync/
Old 08-27-11, 10:05 AM   #104
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
Are we playing a different game here? Sorry but your post makes it seem like you haven't played the game at all...not saying EYE is a bad game, but this is pure fanboyism at its worst, and it's a shame too because they're both good games. No gfx or mouse settings? Have you tried using the menus or the out-of-game setup utility? "Press E bla bla"? I'm not even sure what you're referring to here. The cover system is completely optional and I'm sure you'd see that if you actually tried playing the game. The UI is very well designed and clearly favors the PC version.

Have you played Deus Ex 1 recently? I played through it about 3 times in the past couple of months and I can say that Human Revolution is a worthy prequel and successor in every way I can think of.
Yeah, the minute I saw him say that EYE had "spoiled" him as to what a quality PC game was I knew he was an off the charts fanboy of the game. I mean, it's a solid title, but it looks worse than HR, has none of the polish, a ridiculously convoluted UI, questionable AI and about a dozen other issues. I'm not saying it's a bad game, and for an indie title it's hella ambitious, but it's not in the same league as HR. On top of that, liking EYE better is bad enough, but not being able to enjoy HR, because EYE is so amazing, is bat **** crazy.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-27-11, 10:32 AM   #105
Destroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
Yeah, the minute I saw him say that EYE had "spoiled" him as to what a quality PC game was I knew he was an off the charts fanboy of the game. I mean, it's a solid title, but it looks worse than HR, has none of the polish, a ridiculously convoluted UI, questionable AI and about a dozen other issues. I'm not saying it's a bad game, and for an indie title it's hella ambitious, but it's not in the same league as HR. On top of that, liking EYE better is bad enough, but not being able to enjoy HR, because EYE is so amazing, is bat **** crazy.
Go ahead and bash EYE all you want, it is still 10x more a PC game than HR is. HR is just like The Witcher 2 and Dragon Age 2, its designed for console and altered just enough to make it a supposed decent PC port. If you can't see that then you are blind or ignoring it all. EYE is full up PC and that is what I love about it.

Besides, who said I'm not enjoying HR? Its a great game if you enjoy the typical high production Hollywood block busters. Me, I gravitate towards the brilliant European cinema type i.e. EYE.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-11, 10:56 AM   #106
K007

i think da2 was a clear example of how ****ty a good game can get when the corners are cut for console market -.-.

w2 is defiantly not in that same line...

i am waiting on HR for patches/fixes before buying...its just too dam pricey and in 2012 the stupid price jacking off in australia should end with digital sales...**** paying 80USD for this game lol...and 90 for skyrim and 100 for mw3
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-11, 02:55 PM   #107
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Go ahead and bash EYE all you want, it is still 10x more a PC game than HR is. HR is just like The Witcher 2 and Dragon Age 2, its designed for console and altered just enough to make it a supposed decent PC port. If you can't see that then you are blind or ignoring it all. EYE is full up PC and that is what I love about it.

Besides, who said I'm not enjoying HR? Its a great game if you enjoy the typical high production Hollywood block busters. Me, I gravitate towards the brilliant European cinema type i.e. EYE.
Video games are all about opinions, non one cares what your opinion is but you.
Old 08-27-11, 05:46 PM   #108
crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
i think da2 was a clear example of how ****ty a good game can get when the corners are cut for console market -.-.

w2 is defiantly not in that same line...

i am waiting on HR for patches/fixes before buying...its just too dam pricey and in 2012 the stupid price jacking off in australia should end with digital sales...**** paying 80USD for this game lol...and 90 for skyrim and 100 for mw3
There are a few game importers that can sell you imported retail games for not much more than US retail. I'm following one guy on Twitter, I'll see if I can dig up some links for you.

Too me HR is worth 90AUD, Skyrim, maybe. MW3 hell no. Going to import that one.

As for EYE, I tried to like it, but right now with RL, I want a game I can get into and play. EYE needs a lot of time to invest to get the most from it. ::