Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-23-11, 12:22 PM   #13
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Default Re: EA Origins - big brother'ing your privacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElL33t View Post
I don't play consoles, my son does.

None of this stuff is new. They all do it. When I put in my new video card Steam updated my profile. That was for Cloud.
I know, I was trying to tell them that. I've used Origin and it's less intrusive then steam is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-11, 12:43 PM   #14
Moo
*BANNNED*

The problem is that Steam limits the scope of their data collection to what is done in and through their client (which still sucks). However, the EA EULA has no limitation in their text and there's no choice to opt out.

Yes you can uninstall etc etc, but realistically 99% of the users are going to click through without reading.

Maybe you don't care about having (more of) your personal info floating around, but I think that's generally a pretty lousy trend in the industry.
Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-11, 01:01 PM   #15
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
I know, I was trying to tell them that. I've used Origin and it's less intrusive then steam is.
The information they have isn't worth anything any way. I don't keep my credit card number on there. Even if I did my bank will refund my account if any unauthorized charge is made.

People need to calm down. It isn't as if they have your social security number. That is easy to get any way.
I am the #1 Obama supporter
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-11, 09:29 PM   #16
Sean_W

LMAO mailman2

Yeah, OMG evil Origin but we all know it's just the Steam crying bitches that cannot stand the fact that BF3 is origin integrated, but wait, it's a EA/DICE game, just like all those Valve and other games that are Steam only.

People hate Origin because it's a threat to Steam and they hate that BF3 is Origin integrated. It's all about hate instead of playing the f***ing game. Are you guys going to eat some humble pie or just troll and hate origin all your life? What a joke you people are.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-11, 09:33 PM   #17
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
LMAO mailman2

Yeah, OMG evil Origin but we all know it's just the Steam crying bitches that cannot stand the fact that BF3 is origin integrated, but wait, it's a EA/DICE game, just like all those Valve and other games that are Steam only.

People hate Origin because it's a threat to Steam and they hate that BF3 is Origin integrated. It's all about hate instead of playing the f***ing game. Are you guys going to eat some humble pie or just troll and hate origin all your life? What a joke you people are.
People hate Origin because its made by EA and they are known to F*** over a customer over a nickle. That is reality. Steam has proven itself otherwise. EA has proven they can't be trusted.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-11, 09:44 PM   #18
Sean_W

What publisher or game dev hasn't? You put your trust in Steam too much, it uses unfair DRM schemes, Steam had a court case bought against it for not allowing offline use of games. CoD MW is an extortionate price on Steam like quiet a few games, but you still trust and buy from them.

So please, stop with the moral high ground, you all use Windows no matter what EULA and terms Microsoft thrown at you. Someone points out a part of the EULA they don't like for once, big f***ing deal.
Old 08-28-11, 10:14 PM   #19
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
What publisher or game dev hasn't? You put your trust in Steam too much, it uses unfair DRM schemes, Steam had a court case bought against it for not allowing offline use of games. CoD MW is an extortionate price on Steam like quiet a few games, but you still trust and buy from them.

So please, stop with the moral high ground, you all use Windows no matter what EULA and terms Microsoft thrown at you. Someone points out a part of the EULA they don't like for once, big f***ing deal.
Maybe you should get off EAs dick and then you'd see things differently? Don't like the price? Don't buy then, dumbass. Wait for a special thats 75% off and pick it up for a fraction of the price. Price problems resolve themselves, obviously everyone else likes the price because Steam does quite well and every day theres millions of players on it. Origins EULA goes miles further than Steam's does, that alone is simple proof that EA is just out for another scam. They think they can get advertising dollars by spying on you, essentially.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-11, 10:19 PM   #20
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
They think they can get advertising dollars by spying on you, essentially.

Browsers have been doing this for years... so we should just stop the internetz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-28-11, 10:40 PM   #21
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Maybe you should get off EAs dick and then you'd see things differently? Don't like the price? Don't buy then, dumbass. Wait for a special thats 75% off and pick it up for a fraction of the price. Price problems resolve themselves, obviously everyone else likes the price because Steam does quite well and every day theres millions of players on it. Origins EULA goes miles further than Steam's does, that alone is simple proof that EA is just out for another scam. They think they can get advertising dollars by spying on you, essentially.
Welcome to 10 years ago bud, spyware does that all the time. You must be sitting on Microsoft's dick and liking it then because they have been doing people for 10 years as well. Specials are just deals, not real prices. it's a way like the supermarkets to get you buying stuff that actually make them real money. Note that some of the deals are actually about the same price as retail anyway.

So tell me, have you read all the EULA's for all the software you've ever downloaded or brought? Thought not. Some Steam geek decided to read though Origin's EULA and dig up some dirt on it to try and slow BF3 sales. It's just too funny that all of a sudden people morally care about software and their privacy on the internet.
Old 08-29-11, 10:18 AM   #22
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Wow, an entire thread of ****posts!
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-11, 12:00 PM   #23
shabby
Forcefed GXP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
You think google is any different? I don't think you can use the Internet without getting tracked
Does google charge you anything for their services? That's the difference, ea does and they still want more.