Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-31-11, 04:34 PM   #145
ElL33t
Brobama

Default Re: Deus Ex HR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
This game is excact opositive of boring. Playing simple shooters like Borderlands, Halo, Call of Duty is boring.

Deus Ex is a great game, after finishing HR, I will re-play the original again.
Borderlands is awesome and you are a horrible person for saying it is boring. Now go sit in the corner.
I am the #1 Obama supporter
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-11, 05:42 PM   #146
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElL33t View Post
At first it is two shots and ur dead yes, Then you get a little more beefy and you learn better tactics. I did all of the second half of the game with blowing away anyone who got in my way. LOL. The best is turning on turrets to kill the enemies for you. They will wipe out a whole warehouse. Get your hacking all the way up and your armor then do what you want after that. You do have to hide behind things and you will die a lot but it isn't bad. I just save often. lol

The game is fantastic. IMO
That's what I needed to know, thanks
Quote:
Borderlands is awesome and you are a horrible person for saying it is boring. Now go sit in the corner.
Old 08-31-11, 07:15 PM   #147
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Borderlands was boring. One of the worst games I've ever bought too. At least you've left that drivel behind and are playing DE:HR now

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-11, 07:16 PM   #148
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
But can I build the character any way I want, stealth, strength or a mix of the 2? It's just the style of game play I prefer.
Your build actually doesn't have much of an impact on your playstyle since most of the augments are utility-based rather than combat-based, though there are a few combat oriented ones. You can essentially play however you want whenever you want. The amount of freedom you have to choose is pretty staggering. I'd recommend grabbing the Typhoon and Dermal augs early if you want to go in guns blazing. Also, keep it mind the game plays more like a cover-based shooter so you will run into trouble if you go charging into a room full of enemies (without a plan anyway). The AI enemies behave very similarly to those in the Metal Gear Solid series, as well.

It's worth noting that if you explore, do side quests, and hack everything you encounter, you will have enough Praxis Points to get every worthwhile aug in the game anyway.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-11, 07:24 PM   #149
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
Your build actually doesn't have much of an impact on your playstyle since most of the augments are utility-based rather than combat-based, though there are a few combat oriented ones. You can essentially play however you want whenever you want. The amount of freedom you have to choose is pretty staggering. I'd recommend grabbing the Typhoon and Dermal augs early if you want to go in guns blazing. Also, keep it mind the game plays more like a cover-based shooter so you will run into trouble if you go charging into a room full of enemies (without a plan anyway). The AI enemies behave very similarly to those in the Metal Gear Solid series, as well.

It's worth noting that if you explore, do side quests, and hack everything you encounter, you will have enough Praxis Points to get every worthwhile aug in the game anyway.
Good explanation of the mechanics - thanks Ninja!

Yeah, gonna have to grab this now.
Old 08-31-11, 07:24 PM   #150
ATi
RooR

the sound delay is killing me
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 2 x 4GB 1648
HD1.5tb
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
corsair620HX
Windows7 64 home premium
Dell LED G2210
ATi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-11, 08:06 PM   #151
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATi View Post
the sound delay is killing me
whats causing that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-11, 08:25 PM   #152
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Well ive got a couple hours on DEHR now. The story is how I would have imagined (I have never touched the last 2.. although I am a huge fan of the ghost in the shell series), but there are some areas of the game that have let me down. The combat engine was surprisingly good, in videos it seemed a bit clunky but I found the cover system adequate and pulling off headshots was nice. The aug system looks cool but like the hacking one was less fluff and more "You need to use points to be able to hack the same terminals later in the game". Most games with computer hack upgrades give you perks too.

One thing that disappointed me right away though was ample use of full motion video in place of using the in game engine. The video quality takes a serious hit when it switches over. Also despite using current graphic tech, the game still uses ample world maps for reflections instead of shadered reflections, and they look horrible.

So far stability has been good.

Old 08-31-11, 09:44 PM   #153
ATi
RooR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
whats causing that?
dont know

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVFYQL5zC6Q
HD1.5tb
corsair620HX
Windows7 64 home premium
Dell LED G2210
Old 08-31-11, 10:33 PM   #154
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

I get that too... I figured it was just how it was designed. A sort of dramatic lightning flash before the thunder thing. I guess too that its something observed when seeing gunfire from a distance, but not when the source is right infront of you.
Old 08-31-11, 10:40 PM   #155
ATi
RooR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
I get that too... I figured it was just how it was designed. A sort of dramatic lightning flash before the thunder thing. I guess too that its something observed when seeing gunfire from a distance, but not when the source is right infront of you.
nah its not designed like that. everything is out of sync not just the gunfire
HD1.5tb
corsair620HX
Windows7 64 home premium
Dell LED G2210
Old 09-01-11, 03:53 AM   #156
Shocky

Really great game, I've played it on normal and pretty much just killed everyone focusing on the heavy weapons mainly.

Trying second play through with the hardest setting and focusing on stealth and hacking , you get punished a bit more if you get caught.
Shocky is offline   Reply With Quote