Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-02-11, 08:31 AM   #169
Destroy

Default Re: Deus Ex HR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike89 View Post
Kind of funny in this game that the game makers give you the option to skip cutscenes but make you watch their beginning intros every time you play with no options to turn that off. They apparently don't mind you skipping parts of the game itself but do mind you not watching their ads. That's pretty Fcked up. I guess it's corporate ego.

skip intro fix

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-11, 12:00 AM   #170
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest

Great game so far, but the FOV is ****
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |

Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-11, 01:08 AM   #171
shilk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow_Nest View Post
Great game so far, but the FOV is ****
Eh? There's an option to change the FOV in the menu.....
Quote:
You can change the FOV in the game menu (Gameplay >> Field of View).
Good write up on it here.
http://widescreengamingforum.com/dr/...-revolution/en
Old 09-04-11, 05:34 AM   #172
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilk View Post
Eh? There's an option to change the FOV in the menu.....

Good write up on it here.
http://widescreengamingforum.com/dr/...-revolution/en
Whoops, indeed there is. Didnt realise.

| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Old 09-06-11, 10:20 AM   #173
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

well I beat it last night. overall I enjoyed it. the story was pretty good (nothing amazing IMO but entertaining)

Graphics in some aspects are a buzzkill though. Skybox (especially the one in Detroit) looks like it came from the original Deus Ex Lip sync is hilariously bad and I don't know if it's just me or what but the way characters shake around the whole time they're talking annoyed the HELL out of me. It's like everyone has parkinsons. Sariff was the only character really and maybe one or two more than didn't show this. Drove me CRAZY!!!

Anyways, like most reviewers are saying, the boss fights are pretty lame and don't really fit the gameplay very well. Last "boss" was a joke too.

the different augs are pretty slick though. Cloaking and hacking augs were most heavily used. Piled most praxis points into the cloaking/energy/hacking augs.

Anyways, the ending (without dropping any spoilers) kinda pissed me off because it seems that you essentially can decide how it ends regardless of any choices made in the game. I didn't feel a strong connection with any of the endings to be honest :/

Other complaints are that I wish there were more variety in the scenery. Endless office buildings. I felt like all I was doing was hacking into offices/computers the whole time to get info and stuff and either killing or sneaking around bad guys and crawling through vents in the process. Just not enough variety to the level designs IMO. With that said, I do feel like they were really really well designed offices, slums, apartments and what not. All the random debris and items were really well placed and it seems like a lot of thought and attention was put into the small stuff like that whether it's just random junk in an office conference room or a supply storage area in a basement or something like that. All of that was really well done and impressed me.

All that said, I don't know if I'll play through it again. It was entertaining but I just don't see the replay value in it to be honest. It was a slow drab story and though while good and pretty well written, just never really excited me to the point where I just HAD to find out what happened next.

Vs some of the other games out now though, I think I walk away from this one impressed. It held me all the way through to the end which not a lot of other games manage to do.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-11, 10:53 AM   #174
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
Skybox (especially the one in Detroit) looks like it came from the original Deus Ex
Whoaaa there. I'll admit the skyboxes look bad but let's not get carried away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar
Lip sync is hilariously bad and I don't know if it's just me or what but the way characters shake around the whole time they're talking annoyed the HELL out of me. It's like everyone has parkinsons. Sariff was the only character really and maybe one or two more than didn't show this. Drove me CRAZY!!!
Haha as much as I like the game I totally agree, thankfully this doesn't happen in the "conversation bosses". I just skip through the dialogue in the normal conversations.

Quote:
Anyways, like most reviewers are saying, the boss fights are pretty lame and don't really fit the gameplay very well. Last "boss" was a joke too.
I agree, though there are ways to fight the bosses with no risk to yourself, it takes quite a few deaths to figure out and the gameplay is nothing like the rest of the game.

Quote:
the different augs are pretty slick though. Cloaking and hacking augs were most heavily used. Piled most praxis points into the cloaking/energy/hacking augs.
My opinion is that these are the only augs which have practical use along with the EMP shield, high jump, and lift heavy objects. Everything else is low priority.

Quote:
Anyways, the ending (without dropping any spoilers) kinda pissed me off because it seems that you essentially can decide how it ends regardless of any choices made in the game. I didn't feel a strong connection with any of the endings to be honest :/
I agree with this complaint but frankly the first Deus Ex was the same way, though it did integrate "choose the ending you want" into the gameplay better.

Quote:
All that said, I don't know if I'll play through it again. It was entertaining but I just don't see the replay value in it to be honest. It was a slow drab story and though while good and pretty well written, just never really excited me to the point where I just HAD to find out what happened next.
This is totally subjective but I had a great time replaying the game and finding all the hidden areas/emails/etc that I missed the first time around. I don't know how meticulous you were but there's a surprising amount of hidden information and rooms. Also, most of the key story conversations played out quite differently despite me choosing the same responses as before, and in some cases were different based on how I played the game (this was a nonlethal playthrough my second time). Third playthrough is on hold for now though, I had a lot more time to play last week.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-11, 11:17 AM   #175
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

yeah I do like how you're rewarded with little nuggets of the story and sort of the inner workings of whatever place you happen to be at when hacking into computers. seems like every single computer had something on it whether it's an access code or just banter between office employees discussing aspects of the story.

I'm sure I missed a side quest or two though.

Hardest part IMO was the 2nd boss. I didn't put a whole lot of priority into my firepower. I had a couple weapon upgrades and a few EMP's/prox mines but by and large, I built my guy to be effecient at hacking, cloaking and energy efficient. If I got detected, I'd have to cloak and haul ass to cover and either wait it out hoping they didn't see me while my energy regenerates or if I found a vent, slip in and go around to a different vantage point.

In a lot of the situations where there were big fire fights that I was clearly outgunned (I think there was one in particular where there are a bunch of guys and big robot in the center of the room) where I would do my best to pick off the guys with the silenced sniper rifle when no one was looking at me, duck and cover and repeat.

Silenced sniper rifle was by far the most frequently used weapon besides the tranq gun.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-11, 01:05 PM   #176
LurkerLito

The second boss to me was pretty easy IMO. I only died the first few times I tried it with different weapons, but if you have:

The stun gun + shot gun she is so easy to beat. To beat her easily you don't have to do a thing but stand where you start. Then have the stun gun in hand, as she charges you just stun her. Then switch to the shot gun at close range, and keep firing at her head, and she will run away to recharge. Reload the shotgun, swap back to the stun gun, reload it and wait for her again and repeat. I think I had to reload the shot gun 4-5 times to beat her. I took only minor damage each encounter when her typhoon partially goes off when you stun her.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-11, 04:01 PM   #177
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurkerLito View Post
The second boss to me was pretty easy IMO. I only died the first few times I tried it with different weapons, but if you have:

The stun gun + shot gun she is so easy to beat. To beat her easily you don't have to do a thing but stand where you start. Then have the stun gun in hand, as she charges you just stun her. Then switch to the shot gun at close range, and keep firing at her head, and she will run away to recharge. Reload the shotgun, swap back to the stun gun, reload it and wait for her again and repeat. I think I had to reload the shot gun 4-5 times to beat her. I took only minor damage each encounter when her typhoon partially goes off when you stun her.

My strategy for the second boss:

Have Cloak and EMP immunity augs. Have 3 frag mines. Cloak immediately and run around the room throwing the frag mines on the power generators she uses to recharge her energy. Laugh as she kills herself. Note: on the highest difficulty you'll have to shoot her after she blows up the third one, just run in and shoot about half a clip of whatever weapon you like!

CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 06:49 AM   #178
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Never really played a deus ex game before, so this is my first. And im glad i gave it a chance, im having a lot of fun exploring and sneaking around. Easily the best game ive played so far this year. For a multi platform game, im glad they actually allow you to adjust the FOV and that there is DX11 support. Havent encountered any bugs or glitches either, its very well polished. Only downside is the textures are kinda bland and overall the graphics are anything but impressive.

Old 09-18-11, 01:26 AM   #179
Moo
*BANNNED*

I don't know what it is, but this game gives me motion sickness (similar to Half-Life).

Really strange, since I'm fine with other games such as UT3, Oblivion, and Hard Reset.

Anyone else have similar experience?
Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-11, 05:31 AM   #180
BioHazZarD
USCM Marine

Send a message via MSN to BioHazZarD

have you setup your FOV correctly?
Chieftec Miditower /w 5 case fans | Corsair 620W HX PSU | Asus M4N98TD EVO SLI | AMD Athlon2 X2 260 3,2GHz | Corsair 3GB PC3-10666 | eVGA Geforce GTX 460 1GB (336shader) | Samsung Spinpoint x2 250GB HD +SATA 320GB | SB Audigy 4 @ 2.1 | Samsung Syncmaster BX2331 TFT 23" running 1920x1080@60hz | Windows XP PRO SP2 | |
BioHazZarD is offline   Reply With Quote