Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-06-11, 06:10 AM   #97
K007

Default Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 to get “exceptional post-launch support”

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
im getting both, the mw2 mod and the bc2 mod
ooh..u....silly man...lol
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-11, 04:54 PM   #98
Logical

Default Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 to get “exceptional post-launch support”

Interesting read and one that may sway a purchase from me for mw3...

Quote:
PC gamers have another reason to be excited about the upcoming Modern Warfare 3, as Infinity Ward's creative strategist Robert Bowling has confirmed that the game will support LAN play, as well as other features useful for competitive play.

Posting on Twitter, Bowling said that as well as LAN support, Modern Warfare 3 would also feature "detailed class restriction control," and "default class creation option." This, when combined with the full support for player-run dedicated servers, makes MW3 a very - and perhaps unusually - PC friendly game. Activision seems to have pulled a real u-turn over the Modern Warfare games. MW2 wasn't anti-PC, per se, but Infinity Ward did not go out of its way to optimise it for the platform. But for MW3, Infinity Ward seems to be bending over backwards to stuff as many PC-specific features into the game as it can.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...re-LAN-Support
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-11, 05:48 PM   #99
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
Interesting read and one that may sway a purchase from me for mw3...

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...re-LAN-Support
It's a start.

GIVETH ME THE TOOLS TO MODDETH THY GAME IW!
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-11, 06:37 PM   #100
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
It's a start.

GIVETH ME THE TOOLS TO MODDETH THY GAME IW!
I dont see it happening tbh, not with the integration of CoD Elite and how they will pass off the DLC with monthly subscription etc..

I'm interested in the server side customisation of weapon classes/kits and to what extent we can customise also what options are available for match modes...ready up, time out, class limits etc
Old 09-23-11, 10:26 AM   #101
Logical

Official forum is now up...

http://www.callofduty.com/community/mw3/forums

I read the 'official MW3 wishlist' thread and then rage quit out of the site. Too many kiddies asking for the same stuff they have been askin for, for the last 4 games.

Only thing im interested in is the custom match modes, the tiresome, been there done that single player side can get ****ed and the easy, repetitive, public multiplayer side with all the gay gadgets and killstreaks and stupidly bad balanced weapons can also get ****ed. I only want this for competitive play if they **** it up then its a no purchase from me.
Old 09-23-11, 10:52 AM   #102
FlakMagnet

@Logical : Sounds like you need to find a new game...
2xSamsung 7200 750GB RAID 0| Akasa Eclipse 62
FlakMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-11, 11:10 AM   #103
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlakMagnet View Post
@Logical : Sounds like you need to find a new game...
As i said i am only interested in the competitive side of MW3. LANs, online ladders and competitions. The OTT side of CoD has never and never will interest me, if the game fails for what im looking for then sure i will move along, its not like there isnt any others to choose from..

It's the silly buggers that play single player and public multiplayer year after year which doesnt really have anything different from MW2/blops that need to find a new game....
Old 09-27-11, 09:46 AM   #104
jiffy

Unless MW3 is a huge step forward it will not be the bohemth that COD once was. They have repeated the same old tired routine for too long now. COD, COD:UO, MW were huge jumps in game play for the community. MW2, Waw, BLOPs were all repetitive, which is fine to a degree, but now it is just getting tiresome.

I agree with Logical, the competitive spirit of these games are what keep most of the community playing for a longer period of time. They need recording enabled, ready up built in for ladders and matches, and other items that make ladder and league play easy and accessible. The leagues and ladders can make a game last years compared to months.
jiffy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-11, 09:53 AM   #105
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiffy View Post
Unless MW3 is a huge step forward it will not be the bohemth that COD once was. They have repeated the same old tired routine for too long now. COD, COD:UO, MW were huge jumps in game play for the community. MW2, Waw, BLOPs were all repetitive, which is fine to a degree, but now it is just getting tiresome.

I agree with Logical, the competitive spirit of these games are what keep most of the community playing for a longer period of time. They need recording enabled, ready up built in for ladders and matches, and other items that make ladder and league play easy and accessible. The leagues and ladders can make a game last years compared to months.
Definitely, look at COD4. Competition is still going strong in COD4 with ProMod.

At least give the community mod tools so they can make these things themselves (e.g. xkMod on Black Ops). Black Ops really pissed me off because they didn't release the mod tools until many months later. By that time many had moved on to other games. Competitive mods revived BO for a little while, but it's dying a slow death.

If MW3 launches with mod tools (which it won't, I doubt we'll even get them) then it will be a success for PC competitive play. Otherwise, it will die quickly. It will be a success regardless on consoles.

Once Activision learned they can rape gamers with ****ty $15 map packs, they will never release map making tools again.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-11, 10:54 AM   #106
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Definitely, look at COD4. Competition is still going strong in COD4 with ProMod.

At least give the community mod tools so they can make these things themselves (e.g. xkMod on Black Ops). Black Ops really pissed me off because they didn't release the mod tools until many months later. By that time many had moved on to other games. Competitive mods revived BO for a little while, but it's dying a slow death.

If MW3 launches with mod tools (which it won't, I doubt we'll even get them) then it will be a success for PC competitive play. Otherwise, it will die quickly. It will be a success regardless on consoles.

Once Activision learned they can rape gamers with ****ty $15 map packs, they will never release map making tools again.
Exactly, i too doubt very much that mod tools will be released at day 1 if at all. However, what i am intrigued about is the level of customisation that these in game settings allow for private matches in terms of weapon class limits etc.. Supposedly Sledgehammer have taken care of the multiplayer side and have assured us that things have gone back to how CoD4 was with editable config files and dedi server files and support for esports.
Old 09-28-11, 12:07 PM   #107
Logical

IWNET 2
Matchmaking
peer 2 peer

3 words that send shivers down the spine of PC cod gamers and 3 things that 'WILL' be in MW3.

Should we be worried about this? No, sledgehammer and Robert 'Douchebag' Bowling have already confirmed full dedicated servers hosted from the GSP of your choice or even from your own PC.

Also confirmed is LAN support and extra support for PC esports...

I aint too sure how they gonna do this but it looks as though they are gonna stick with P2P matchmaking for ranked servers and dedicated servers for private matches/clan matches/LAN.

Still waiting to see if the game is 'balanced' for lean and prone...And still waiting to hear official confirmation about mod tools, Bowling has said that they are in talks.........

Source: http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/call-of-...1196687p1.html