Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-22-11, 07:59 AM   #49
|MaguS|

Default Re: Batman: Arkham City !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
Do they not realize that the xbox versions of pretty much all the games now is pirated FIRST?!?

this argument is beyond old.
It's not about how fast it gets pirated but how much revenue is lost on the platform due to piracy. Im sure they make a significantly more on the X360 that they don't see as big of a dent on it due to piracy that they do on the PC.
Old 09-22-11, 09:36 AM   #50
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest

Oh well.. I'll just play Ace Combat Assault Horizon and BF3 until batman comes out...
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |

Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-11, 09:44 AM   #51
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

I'll be too busy with Dark Souls and Skyrim anyway; I can wait a few months before getting this. Pretty lame move though.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-11, 09:48 AM   #52
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
I'll be too busy with Dark Souls and Skyrim anyway; I can wait a few months before getting this. Pretty lame move though.
Please share your thoughts on Dark Souls when it comes out. I don't think I will be getting it at launch but im so dam interested in it.
Old 09-22-11, 09:56 AM   #53
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
It is. I love the guy that said the delay is to "make a better game" Lmao .. welcome to the internetz. Same game, they just want to make their millions of dollars before they let PC gamers have it.
Welcome to the "internetz"? I tossed that out there, but it really doesn't matter to me why it's delayed. Crying about like you do about.....just about every title I've ever seen you post in doesn't do much good.

If the inconveniences that cause you so much grief being a gamer are too much for you to handle, maybe you should find another hobby.

Personally, I have a very good and full life to live while waiting, plenty to do besides sniveling about a game of all things.
Old 09-22-11, 09:58 AM   #54
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Please share your thoughts on Dark Souls when it comes out. I don't think I will be getting it at launch but im so dam interested in it.
You bet. From watching some of the early streams I'm sure it'll be up to par. I'll be playing Demon's Souls until the servers shut down for the time being. Kind of sorry to see that they're doing that since the game has only been out for a couple of years but I'm definitely happy that there won't be any World Tendency in the next game. I really hate that system.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-11, 08:25 PM   #55
jcrox
Mahna Mahna

Quote:
There is no exact word why the PC version has been delayed, but the rumors suggest that a number of potential factors could be the cause. Still, the leading thought is that the company wants a separation between the console release and the PC release in order to maximize profits. Recently, several developers have been complaining very loudly about piracy on the PC platform affecting sales on the console platforms.
Seriously?

I totally understand their gripes about PC piracy but now they want to blame lower than expected console sales on PC piracy?

That's just bull****

Gaming

MSI MPower Z87 | 4770k | CNPS9900MAX-B | 8GB G.Skill 1866 | EVGA GTX760 |ThermalTake 850w | X-Fi Titanium | HAF | Asus PA248Q | Lycosa | Death Adder | Win8 Pro 64

Dev/Backup

MSI GD65 | 2500k | H50 | 8GB G.skill | GTX570 | Ubuntu 13.10

Laptop

17" Inspiron | i5 | 4GB DDR3 | 500GB HDD | Win7 Pro 64

jcrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-11, 11:31 PM   #56
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
Welcome to the "internetz"? I tossed that out there, but it really doesn't matter to me why it's delayed. Crying about like you do about.....just about every title I've ever seen you post in doesn't do much good.

If the inconveniences that cause you so much grief being a gamer are too much for you to handle, maybe you should find another hobby.

Personally, I have a very good and full life to live while waiting, plenty to do besides sniveling about a game of all things.
Ive got plenty to keep me busy outside the PC. I just hate that they try to short change us and try to blame us for it. Sounds like you need another hobby if them constantly screwing you over is ok. ...I've got some beach front property I could sell you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-11, 11:40 PM   #57
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrox View Post
Seriously?

I totally understand their gripes about PC piracy but now they want to blame lower than expected console sales on PC piracy?

That's just bull****
It's just a cover story, so they can maximise their console sales. Piracy can actually help game sales and that's the part they don't tell you. I don't believe for one minute that everyone who pirates a game will never buy a game, it's just nonsense.

Here is an small example how this was proven in the Linux world, with a funny twist to it http://www.ubuntuvibes.com/2011/09/l...-own-game.html
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote