Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-29-11, 02:00 PM   #1201
Sean_W

Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Beta Thread

Agreed, it's much better than BFBC2. In BFBC2 it feels a lot more noobish and people can kill you with any weapon so easy from a distance. To me this is not the case in BF3, since the guns are much harder to aim and a lot more what seems real kick back.

I think DICE have improved over the awesome sounds of BFBC2 as well, with the weapons in BF3 sounds more beefy and not toys like CoD. Also I love running and being able to straft at the same time, BFBC2 really sucked with that.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-11, 02:12 PM   #1202
mojoman0

yea recoil feels realistic as hell, its not dod crazy but still have to manage it. I dont know if bursts work anymore tho
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-11, 02:37 PM   #1203
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR

Guys to get into the massive 64 player Caspian Border conquest beta map with jets/vehicles that is pass-worded just start your battlelog, Set your server filter to Caspian Border under the map option and select a server, When it asks for a password enter the following.

Password: shoppingcartsareagoodride

The password changes every day but a quick Google and you can have the new password within seconds.
Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-11, 02:43 PM   #1204
trivium nate

still doesnt work for me
42"Vizio TV-1920x1080-1080P-120Hertz//Win 7 Ultimate(64)//XBox360-pc controller
Saitek Eclipse 2 keyboard//Razer DeathAdder Mouse//250gb-Xbox 360//160gb-PS3
trivium nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-11, 03:20 PM   #1205
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOJAR View Post
Guys to get into the massive 64 player Caspian Border conquest beta map with jets/vehicles that is pass-worded just start your battlelog, Set your server filter to Caspian Border under the map option and select a server, When it asks for a password enter the following.

Password: shoppingcartsareagoodride

The password changes every day but a quick Google and you can have the new password within seconds.
Yeah, servers are all full. Damn this game is popular, especially with 64 players each server.
Old 09-29-11, 03:24 PM   #1206
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Sure. Problem is that those servers are full all the time. No luck joining there so far...
If you spam it for a few minutes you will get in no problem. Or if you use Google Chrome you can get in without needing a password due to some javascript fail.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-11, 03:24 PM   #1207
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Odd, I've played for about 10 hours so far and seen nothing you mention...

-If you have Lag go to a different server. I've played on many servers that have been flawless besides the occasional crash. Lag is there on every server i try and on most my ping is 19-30ms so it isnt my connection...

-Glitches? Its a beta. Its a beta of a map that was released as alpha and if anything, there are now even more bugs than in the alpha, stop stating the obvious...

-Spawn Killers? Stop sucking Yeah i can help getting killed by a player who's head is only visible as the rest of his body has "sunk" into the ground and he cannot be killed yet seems to have no problem killing guys that have spawned in seconds...

-Team Killers? Just douches, go to a different server, you will find this in any game. lol No you dont find team killers in games that have FF off, most of the UK caspian border servers had twats on doing this, ruin final game much with it like they did bf2 ?

-Sound is flawless here... Good for you well it isnt for many others

-Graphic settings don't work. Going from low to Ultra has no difference. Only 2 settings work. This is expected though to keep the file size down. If it was gonna keep the filesize down they wouldnt have bothered with half of the non owrking settings...

-Mouse laggy? Turn off HBAO and VSYNC. Same problem with BC2. already done it, input lag is probably down to the server lag

Most of what you complain about is user error. lol Yeah because i have no clue how to set a game up for the best possible lag free and high fps experience, only been doing it 10 years :/
Yeah all the stuff i mentioned is user error lmao, i have most of the settings at medium all AA is off, vsync is off, ambient occlusion is off altogether, like i said in a earlier post im hitting between 50 -75 fps

People don't seem to understand what a beta means though. It means that the game is still in development and beta is for testing features to find bugs... If you don't want to deal with bugs don't play a beta. Simple as that. People who are letting a beta change their opinion on the game are nothing but little bratty kids who want everything when they want it how they want it.
Awww im sooo sowwy for not liking teh game....
You idiot, a beta is also there for people to try and see if they like it, with only 4 weeks off release you would expect a better beta...keep deluding yourself Roadhog, obvious pre-orderer is obvious...Don't like my opinion even though it is based on nothing but my true sour experience with beta bf3 then dont ****ing read my posts....
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-11, 03:29 PM   #1208
Sean_W

Come on guys, let's just enjoy it and see what the final version brings us with some none beta drivers as well. it sure is rough but I'm sure they will iron it out with a few patches after release. LOL

Old 09-29-11, 03:31 PM   #1209
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
Awww im sooo sowwy for not liking teh game....
You idiot, a beta is also there for people to try and see if they like it, with only 4 weeks off release you would expect a better beta...keep deluding yourself Roadhog, obvious pre-orderer is obvious...Don't like my opinion even though it is based on nothing but my true sour experience with beta bf3 then dont ****ing read my posts....
It's not my fault you decide to complain about all the little things that don't really matter at all. Beta's are not for people to see if they like the game. It is purely for the devs to test things and find more bugs they might have missed with a much larger user base. That's even been stated by them numerous times...

If you have problems report your bugs in a mature matter to the developers. Not whining like a little baby to people who can't do anything about them on a forum.
Old 09-29-11, 03:33 PM   #1210
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Come on guys, let's just enjoy it and see what the final version brings us with some none beta drivers as well. it sure is rough but I'm sure they will iron it out with a few patches after release. LOL
I remember how long it took to get bf2 right, this is far more riddled with bugs and i have no doubt in my mind that if 1 map, a rush map at that...has so many bugs then what is the rest of the game going to be like ?

I thank people like roadhog who are willing to pay for a beta and test the game for 3-6 months with the constant patching its gonna get, as i said i might get a copy around easter time......
Old 09-29-11, 03:34 PM   #1211
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
It's not my fault you decide to complain about all the little things that don't really matter at all. Beta's are not for people to see if they like the game. It is purely for the devs to test things and find more bugs they might have missed with a much larger user base. That's even been stated by them numerous times...

If you have problems report your bugs in a mature matter to the developers. Not whining like a little baby to people who can't do anything about them on a forum.
erm no ? And i aint whining im giving an opinion...no reason to lie as i was looking forward to this game....get a grip child. Ive seen you trolling these forums before...no more to say to an easy to be pleased beta tester...
Old 09-29-11, 03:38 PM   #1212
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
erm no ? And i aint whining im giving an opinion...no reason to lie as i was looking forward to this game....get a grip child. Ive seen you trolling these forums before...
Yep, Trolling since 2005. lol

Also, you don't even know when the beta was built. Some say its a 3-4week old build, but if you look at most of the file dates they are from 7/31. Either way it's a very old build.

Also, please read: http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/beta

Quote:
DOES THIS BETA REPRESENT FINAL GAME QUALITY?

THE BETA IS NOT FINAL SOFTWARE AND UPDATES WILL BE DONE BOTH TO THE GAME AND TO THE BACK-END PRIOR TO THE BATTLEFIELD 3 LAUNCH. YOUR PARTICIPATION WILL STILL HELP US IMPROVE THE FINAL GAME.