Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-29-11, 09:16 PM   #1249
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Beta Thread

After getting all my ducks in a row with this, I'm finally launching the game for the first time. I am NOT liking the whole web page deal with picking what game mode I want. That's just lazy IMO. Now if I can find a server . . .
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-11, 09:20 PM   #1250
mojoman0

If you guys press alt + enter while on the battlelog page you're practically in the client
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-11, 09:28 PM   #1251
knghtwhosaysni
Ni!

Being able to choose your squad would be nice

And best round yet for me
| i7-2600k | ASUS P8H67-M LE | eVGA GTX 275 1792MB | 8GB 1333mhz | Samsung 830 64GB | Seagate 7200.10 320GB | Seagate 7200.11 1.5TB | Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic | Dell S2209W | Audio-Technica ATH-A700 | Logitech G500 | Logitech Driving Force GT |
knghtwhosaysni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-11, 09:40 PM   #1252
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Just played two maps and honestly, this is just BC2 redone, there's nothing new. I think I'll wait on buying this one until it drops down in price.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-11, 09:53 PM   #1253
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

I played a few rounds and enjoyed it until the game started lagging like CRAAAAAAZY and I just quit out of frustration.

on the up side though, the game looks good and runs at a smooth 50~60 fps at ultra settings. I'd put it on par easily with crysis.

4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-11, 09:59 PM   #1254
Sean_W

The gun bipod is awesome. You can settle your gun down on a wall and the stand comes down, allowing you to aim loads better. I set mine down in the ticket office at the last part of the metro entrance and gunned down quiet a few people, kching! kching! Bitches.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-11, 10:01 PM   #1255
mojoman0

I actually don't think it feels anything like bc2. Maybe a teeny bit like moh, but it def feels different, still rough in beta form but hopefully things come together
Old 09-29-11, 10:18 PM   #1256
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
That issue is being addressed now. DICE disabled the terrain destruction until final release, which will be fixed . Server side updates are also being rolled out Friday. Come on man, give it time, they only rolled out the beta today for eveyone.
They should not have rolled out the beta in this state then. I dunno I have no sympathy after some of the garbage I got stuck with lately... they cannot expect to drum up sales with crap like this. You guys can let it slide with the "beta" guise. I cannot, I expect retail to be about the same... if they are disabling the terrain destruction, what makes you think they can fix it in ~26 days and get those updates into the retail version? If they knew it was a problem it shouldve been disabled in the beta from the start... this tells me they are finding bigger issues that they had no idea existed. This really worries me. I haven't bought it yet and at this point I'm not sure I will without giving it some time for them to patch and fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-11, 10:23 PM   #1257
mojoman0

Or maybe they should have only released a closed beta so that only people that understand what a beta is for play it. This game will definitely not be perfect upon release but no game in the last 3 years has been, not that it's okay, it's just what were stuck with.
Old 09-29-11, 10:33 PM   #1258
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
I actually don't think it feels anything like bc2. Maybe a teeny bit like moh, but it def feels different, still rough in beta form but hopefully things come together
+1

Doesnt feel anything like BC2 at all which surprised me. At first i found the controls to be more sluggish than BC2 but i soon got used to it. What im not so keen on is the weapon handling. It feels too... simple? BC2 was far more challenging although it was partially because the weapons felt under powered.

Oh and any of you realised the FOV in this game is just nice?
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |

Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-11, 10:38 PM   #1259
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
They should not have rolled out the beta in this state then. I dunno I have no sympathy after some of the garbage I got stuck with lately... they cannot expect to drum up sales with crap like this. You guys can let it slide with the "beta" guise. I cannot, I expect retail to be about the same... if they are disabling the terrain destruction, what makes you think they can fix it in ~26 days and get those updates into the retail version? If they knew it was a problem it shouldve been disabled in the beta from the start... this tells me they are finding bigger issues that they had no idea existed. This really worries me. I haven't bought it yet and at this point I'm not sure I will without giving it some time for them to patch and fix it.
Well clearly you don't know what a beta is for then and what makes you think they haven't found the "bigger issues"? Rolling out big fixes is not part of the beta, you're there to test it and then the retail version has all of their fixed issue.

In the end they give you only what they need to give you for their tests and they're not going to give you the friggin fixed version because it defeats the purpose of a beta.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-11, 10:43 PM   #1260
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post

It's obvious you cannot read nor comprehend anything. lol

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...1139101527626/

Quote:
We have a proper fix for this in the retail game, but chose to simply disable it for the OB
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote