Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-30-11, 04:02 AM   #1273
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Beta Thread

So it's turns out the Ultra settings can't even be enabled. With this performance as it is, once some Ultra does get enabled my PC will cry.

Appears that AMD users are also pulling a better frame rate. nVidia endorsement fails.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-11, 04:09 AM   #1274
lee63
Classified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples-Agent View Post
So it's turns out the Ultra settings can't even be enabled. With this performance as it is, once some Ultra does get enabled my PC will cry.

Appears that AMD users are also pulling a better frame rate. nVidia endorsement fails.
Where did you see that ? I thought I had ultra turned on...and looked pretty good.

I kind like the browser...one stop shop for everything
Old 09-30-11, 04:32 AM   #1275
Rummy

Lee whats your origin Id?
Rummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-11, 06:43 AM   #1276
ArrowMk84

To the people bitching about DICE not putting out there latest and greatest for the open beta:

You do not let your latest and greatest code into the wild without doing serious internal testing on it first, and that takes time. It's simply how you do good testing - start with a closed sample in a known environment and work your way up to larger samples with more variables in system configuration. If you just kick it out the door to the public, you'll get a mass of data (or just a mass of pissed users, aka idiots, that think they know better than you) that actually makes it harder to isolate issues. The purpose of this beta is not to find bugs in the latest build, but to find issues that have gone unidentified so far in the control test environment and to put a real load on the backend components to identify any scaling issues you may have there. Using the beta as a demo for the game is a secondary concern.

Now, to those that are still bitching - if you don't like, why the **** are you still spamming this thread?! I absolutely hate seeing the same people bitching over and over again and uselessly fighting with people that like this game, making me wade through numerous posts to find useful information - news about the beta updates, the password for Capsian, cool screenshots, good stories and Bob's latest mugger impressions. Christ, just shut up already. If you care that much about it, fill out a damn trouble report or email customer support, otherwise GTFO, get a life and stop wasting my time.
Intel i7-2600k @ 4.6GHz | Asus Maximus IV Extreme | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 MHz 9-10-9-27 | Dual EVGA GeForce GTX 580 3GB | Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro PCI-E | Intel 510 Series SSD 120 GB | 2x Raptor 600 GB RAID | 2TB WD Black | Lite-On 21x Blu-ray Burner | Corsair AX1200 Modular PSU | Silverstone FT02 | Corsair H60 with Dual Fans | Dell 3007-HC 30" LCD | Audioengine 5 & S8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
ArrowMk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-11, 07:15 AM   #1277
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
It's obvious you cannot read nor comprehend anything. lol

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...1139101527626/
Or maybe *GASP* I didn't see the post on Battlelog?? I have better things to do that wait for them to fix a busted beta. Battlefail 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-11, 07:21 AM   #1278
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowMk84 View Post
To the people bitching about DICE not putting out there latest and greatest for the open beta:

You do not let your latest and greatest code into the wild without doing serious internal testing on it first, and that takes time. It's simply how you do good testing - start with a closed sample in a known environment and work your way up to larger samples with more variables in system configuration. If you just kick it out the door to the public, you'll get a mass of data (or just a mass of pissed users, aka idiots, that think they know better than you) that actually makes it harder to isolate issues. The purpose of this beta is not to find bugs in the latest build, but to find issues that have gone unidentified so far in the control test environment and to put a real load on the backend components to identify any scaling issues you may have there. Using the beta as a demo for the game is a secondary concern.

Now, to those that are still bitching - if you don't like, why the **** are you still spamming this thread?! I absolutely hate seeing the same people bitching over and over again and uselessly fighting with people that like this game, making me wade through numerous posts to find useful information - news about the beta updates, the password for Capsian, cool screenshots, good stories and Bob's latest mugger impressions. Christ, just shut up already. If you care that much about it, fill out a damn trouble report or email customer support, otherwise GTFO, get a life and stop wasting my time.
Wow, you need to get out irl and find a girlfriend.... if a BETA means that much to you, you need a life.

Oh, and they should not have released such a piss poor beta for the public to test. If first impressions are everything, and they are, they just lost a **** ton of sales.

/now go cry some more

QQ

Quote:
Old 09-30-11, 07:23 AM   #1279
Logical

all those bitching about people bitching about the beta...grow up.

Dice have never released a final game in its complete stage. You think bf3 will be any different or do you think it will be the worse one ?

Sure ...in time the bugs and glitches and balance of some things may be fixed, but on release i very much doubt it. Dice wouldn't release a half assed open beta to the public as they know a lot of judgement from a lot of people would go off the said beta.

Keep deluding yourselves, i appreciate you taking the time out and money spent on a game that will probs be in 'final stage' 3 months after release, if it werent for you guys the game would be a mess forever. If MW3 had been released as a beta with as many bugs and glitches as bf3 beta, IW/sledgehammer would have never heard the last of it and this forum would be full of hypocrites.

When i see a video of xbox 360 bf3 beta running better than my rig can run it on lowest settings it kinda annoys me. Which brings me to another point, dont expect 1 pc to run it like the next PC...some ****ing morons on here that are comparing there experience with bf3 beta and SLI 580gtx or crossfire ATI with my experience with a single GTX285....cry cry cry i havent seen anything you talked about in my 10 hours of beta playing bla bla bla well of course not your using a different rig you silly twat.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-11, 07:24 AM   #1280
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowMk84 View Post

Try the ignore option available to all users of this forum before writing pointless essays.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-11, 07:50 AM   #1281
JasonPC

Anyone with crossfire having flickering?
JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-11, 07:53 AM   #1282
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonPC View Post
Anyone with crossfire having flickering?
It flickers with a single nvidia GPU too...

Quote:
Old 09-30-11, 08:49 AM   #1283
Maverick123w

Send a message via AIM to Maverick123w

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
It flickers with a single nvidia GPU too...
Disabling hbao fixed that for me
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-11, 08:50 AM   #1284
ArrowMk84

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
Wow, you need to get out irl and find a girlfriend.... if a BETA means that much to you, you need a life.

Oh, and they should not have released such a piss poor beta for the public to test. If first impressions are everything, and they are, they just lost a **** ton of sales.

/now go cry some more

QQ
I'm a software engineer, and I've actually gone through the testing process for several systems. None of those were games, but the same principles apply. I also hate pointless whinny bitching. You've made it clear you don't like the game. I and a lot of other people do. You've done nothing but complain for I forget how many pages. I think you need to take your own advice and find something better to do with your time than vent your spleen on an audience that's tired of hearing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical
Try the ignore option available to all users of this forum before writing pointless essays.
I don't like ignoring people. He might actually have something worthwhile to say at some point.
Intel i7-2600k @ 4.6GHz | Asus Maximus IV Extreme | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 MHz 9-10-9-27 | Dual EVGA GeForce GTX 580 3GB | Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro PCI-E | Intel 510 Series SSD 120 GB | 2x Raptor 600 GB RAID | 2TB WD Black | Lite-On 21x Blu-ray Burner | Corsair AX1200 Modular PSU | Silverstone FT02 | Corsair H60 with Dual Fans | Dell 3007-HC 30" LCD | Audioengine 5 & S8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
ArrowMk84 is offline   Reply With Quote