Originally Posted by Rummy View Post
Lee whats your origin Id?
lee63SKL1
Old 09-30-11, 08:57 AM   #1286
ViN86

Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Beta Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowMk84 View Post
Now, to those that are still bitching - if you don't like, why the **** are you still spamming this thread?! I absolutely hate seeing the same people bitching over and over again and uselessly fighting with people that like this game, making me wade through numerous posts to find useful information - news about the beta updates, the password for Capsian, cool screenshots, good stories and Bob's latest mugger impressions. Christ, just shut up already. If you care that much about it, fill out a damn trouble report or email customer support, otherwise GTFO, get a life and stop wasting my time.
Because they're trolls. That's what trolls do.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-11, 09:22 AM   #1287
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest

Honestly overall i think its still a much better game than COD will ever be.. Bugs, glitches, optimisation, all these can be fixed in time to come. As long as DICE gets their priorities right and get around to fixing them as soon as possible even after the game's release, im fine with it. As for server connection loss, servers that are full...etc Its an open beta after all, everyone is anticipating this game so obviously everyone is gonna hog up the server slots. Im sure we'll see less of such issues after the full game is released and more dedicated servers get hosted up.
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |

Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-11, 09:47 AM   #1288
GullyFoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by zh1nt0
Its been 3 days full of win!
Thank you everyone who participated in testing Caspian Border with us during the Open Beta. We of course cherish and appreciate the time you have put into supplying is with good feedback. We will of course read it through and discuss it internally.

Testing has now been completed and we are shutting down the Caspian Border servers.
GullyFoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-11, 09:52 AM   #1289
HYBRID

I have a couple of gripes with the game in its current state. One of them is the web browser really dislike it.
I am no fan of things like social networks Facebook etc. so this maybe a reason, for me it just seems so disconnected from the game it just feels wrong. I remember when I transitioned from ETQW to BFBC2 Beta saying to myself this in game browser blows and we can’t access friends plus tons of other things but this makes the BFBC2 browser seem light years ahaedgreat.

For one, I try to have the least amount of background thing going on.
I hate the need for plugins, open browsers, and on top of that Origin all running in the background at the same time just for one game.

The other thing is and hopefully it will change when the game launches is the need to be in game to change game settings seriously? this cant be how it will be on release date right?
I can see people NOW getting kicked just because they want to tweak something on the GPUor binds or whatever this can’t be. WHY?

With regards to in game stuff I will reserve final thoughts on all this game bugs and play when it goes gold and a patch or 2 into it. I will keep my preorder I like the game but these other changes like I mentioned above no. that’s my 2 cents.
[Asus Extreme Rampage III| Asus GTX580 Matrix |Intel I7 950 @ 4.011GHZ vcore 1.275| Corsair H80 Liquid Cooler| Intel SSD 80GB & 1 150 GIG Raptor|Corsair Dominator GT CMG6GX3M3A1600C7 | Asus Essence STX|Plextor PX-880SA|Asus BluRay Drive |Cosair HX-850HX| Corsair Obsidian 800D ||Win 7 RTM 64-Bit OEM|Samsung T-240 24" 1920X1200 5MS
HYBRID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-11, 09:59 AM   #1290
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Because they're trolls. That's what trolls do.
How is discussing the problems im having with bf3 beta and how unpleasantly displeased i am with the beta trolling. ?

Are you trying to say Vin that the game runs flawlessly as a beta with no glitches, no graphical artifacts (rare but true), high frame rate, smooth performance and bug free ?

If trolling is voicing an opinion about an experience i have had trying a beta for a game then im guilty and you can ban my ass for being a troll right now.....

Believe me, no one wanted BF3 to come out as a pearl of a game more than i did, yes my gpu is getting on a bit but ffs it should still run bf3 beta without all the crap ive mentioned. If dice release BF3 bug free i will eat my shoes, but we both know that aint gonna happen and as i said earlier it will be 3 months before this game is patched up and being played on all rigs as it should do.

Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-11, 10:06 AM   #1291
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
How is discussing the problems im having with bf3 beta and how unpleasantly displeased i am with the beta trolling. ?

Are you trying to say Vin that the game runs flawlessly as a beta with no glitches, no graphical artifacts (rare but true), high frame rate, smooth performance and bug free ?

If trolling is voicing an opinion about an experience i have had trying a beta for a game then im guilty and you can ban my ass for being a troll right now.....
No, but the majority of "game sucks" posts aren't informative or descriptive. And the fact that people continue to come back to the thread despite the fact they have already stated they dislike the game makes it, *gasp* trolling.

How does me calling a troll a troll equate to saying the game runs flawlessly? Honestly, the game itself runs fine for me, good frame rate, haven't gone through the floor (yet).

But I'm still not even rank 1 (after about 5 hours of intermittent play) because it keeps crashing to desktop after about 15 minutes of playing. Hell, I've played hours and I've only finished one map which got me a whopping 240 XP. But do I feel the need to inform everyone here about this every 5 minutes? Or say the game sucks constantly? No. People know it's an issue, I'm sure DICE does, and it's a beta.
Old 09-30-11, 10:11 AM   #1292
Logical

I aint trolling im just ****ing pissed off that a game i been waiting for all year has a beta release and i was expecting more.....I have said why and the fanboi's just seem to call me a blatant liar....

Youtube vid coming soon *jeeeez*

At the end of the day if a Dice dev came to these forums he would find the negative posts (or as you say the troll posts) a hell of a lot more informative than the silly little fanboi posts equating to nothing more than ass licking and delusion.

And i will say it again, Its not that i dont like BF3...i do i frickin love it..but....for me it is not playable in its current state as it appears on my rig and so i will only make a purchase when i know these bugs have been fixed, its also worth noting that the probs im having with the beta are the same probs i had with the alpha. There that should keep the fanbois happy.

Old 09-30-11, 10:12 AM   #1293
ViN86

I'd also like to elaborate on the fact that this is about the 100th time we've had a feedback thread where certain people just can't stop coming back to post about how ****ty a game is. They come back every hour and post worthless **** like "game sucks, publisher sucks, steam sucks, origin sucks" blah blah.

Furthermore I wasn't even referring to you Logical, I was referring to another member which has a long history of trolling. So I don't know why you felt the need to go on the defensive.
Old 09-30-11, 10:15 AM   #1294
ViN86

I think the ninja edit with the troll face took away from your previous post btw.
Old 09-30-11, 10:26 AM   #1295
Logical

Tbh noone has done more complaining about the game than me Vin, so thats why i figured i was the one being called a troll. However i dont just leave a post saying "game sucks" or whatever, i leave informative comments on why my bf3 beta experience is very unpleasant and then only reply to the people who replied to me, although sometimes i can get annoyed about what im criticising and can sometimes be mis interpreted for a flamer. I also dont have time for people that just step into a thread and comment on something they have no idea about.

We both know im not a troll, an avid gamer and critic maybe but not a troll lol
Old 09-30-11, 10:28 AM   #1296
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
I think the ninja edit with the troll face took away from your previous post btw.
LOLz.

That sucks that you can't complete a whole round... I have had a few disconnects usually near the end, provides the ever informative "You have been disconnected from the server." error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote