Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-01-11, 11:02 AM   #1393
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Beta Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Good. I hope thats not just twitter BS tho. After my enjoyable playtime last night... I think I'm ready to pre-order it. I played about 2 hours, but I had fun, finished with nice k/d ratio. I wasn't falling through the map every round and I didn't get disconnected. When it works it's fun, nothing ground breaking but it was enjoyable and I could see myself getting more engaged. Oh and the M249 is just boss.

Newegg has it with coupon code for like $47 right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-11, 11:32 AM   #1394
ElL33t
Brobama

Is there really a competition between COD players and BF players? I always though COD was for console kids and BF was for adults. COD is a spaztasic type of game where you jump around running around like a moron pretending it takes skill to play a video game. Both are just games but COD always seemed like a kids game to me. It is another Doom knock-off.

The guy in that video thinks it takes really skill to run around and spaz out? And it is hardcore? AHAH he also says you have to be a thinking man in COD ahahahaahah If little kids flock to the game, it is anything but thinking.
I am the #1 Obama supporter
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-11, 11:35 AM   #1395
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest

The framerate went back to being horrible again. Did they re-enable terrain destruction? And i also noticed more destruction during my last match.
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |

Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-11, 11:36 AM   #1396
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElL33t View Post
Is there really a competition between COD players and BF players? I always though COD was for console kids and BF was for adults. COD is a spaztasic type of game where you jump around running around like a moron pretending it takes skill to play a video game. Both are just games but COD always seemed like a kids game to me. It is another Doom knock-off.
COD is a game of reflexes... who can aim and fire the fastest.

BF is more tactical, using cover, playing as a class supporting other teammates.

They are just 2 totally different types of games. Don't kid yourself about COD being a kids game.. trust there will be just as many kids playing BF3 when it comes out on the 360 as there will be with MW3. Consoles are for kids.

Quote:
Old 10-01-11, 11:47 AM   #1397
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonPC View Post
There's a difference between flying frogs and flying tanks But I guess that explains why the new map wasn't released universally.

That is awesome but I did throw a bird into the sky and it continued into space.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-11, 12:28 PM   #1398
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
Unfortunately its also a game about who can get the overpowered killstreaks the fastest to help your already leading team to lead even more. Doesnt do anything other than boosting that leading player's ego.

At least BF doesnt have that sort of thing, it has a different approach. In COD one good player is all you need for a team to win, in BF one good player who is a camping sniper is a liability to an entire team's efforts.

As for the beta, im a little disappointed DICE didnt truly go back to their BF roots despite their promises. Then again, I was never really a BF fan to begin with so its not so much of a sting for me. As long as it turns out to be a better game than MW3 im happy.
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |

Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-11, 01:03 PM   #1399
Sean_W

Quote:
So it's like UT and Quake then but with an unfair advantage because of ranks and unlocks.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-11, 01:06 PM   #1400
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:

BF is more tactical, using cover, playing as a class supporting other teammates.

They are just 2 totally different types of games. Don't kid yourself about COD being a kids game.. trust there will be just as many kids playing BF3 when it comes out on the 360 as there will be with MW3. Consoles are for kids.
I know the difference between the two. I've played both since their very first games. COD is a kids game. That is why so many flock to it. It doesn't mean that adults don't play. It means it has the same childish mentality that I hated in CS. It also doesn't mean that BF doesn't have kids playing it. I just view COD as a simple death match bouncing around spaz game.

My point is anyone who comes in and says such and such game takes skill is a goof. It is a game. It takes no skill. Just pick it up and shoot. If you are better than someone, no big deal. Just shoot stuff and make stuff go boom. That is all you are doing in any game. Anyone who takes this serious is a tool.
I am the #1 Obama supporter
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-11, 01:34 PM   #1401
Rummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOJAR View Post
I just cant wait to play Hardcore mode ... Ive always played HC mode in BFBC2 and when you switch back to Soft Core(i guess its called lol)after playing HC mode for such a long time it just seems i have to unload 10+ rounds from my M249 into the enemy ... Its a little frustrating.
Just FYI it's called "Stock".
Rummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-11, 01:42 PM   #1402
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElL33t View Post
I know the difference between the two. I've played both since their very first games. COD is a kids game. That is why so many flock to it. It doesn't mean that adults don't play. It means it has the same childish mentality that I hated in CS. It also doesn't mean that BF doesn't have kids playing it. I just view COD as a simple death match bouncing around spaz game.

My point is anyone who comes in and says such and such game takes skill is a goof. It is a game. It takes no skill. Just pick it up and shoot. If you are better than someone, no big deal. Just shoot stuff and make stuff go boom. That is all you are doing in any game. Anyone who takes this serious is a tool.
Honestly, when COD when was only on PC, where it started, it was definitely not a "kids" game... the only reason it now has taken on that is because it went to consoles. Kids play consoles... once COD went to the consoles everyone associates COD with kids because of that. Blame the consoles for that, not the adult gamers that play it on PC. They've changed the game to appeal to the moms of kids that want to run and gun and act like idiots with a headset on...cause thats where the 6.5 million sales come from.

Greed has ruined the COD franchise. There is no skill involved you are right about that, it's reflexes and luck.

Quote:
Old 10-01-11, 01:54 PM   #1403
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
I can understand the guys that put hundreds of hours into the game and unlocked all that highend equipment and prefer the normal mode however. Those unlocks will give you an advantage.
In HC mode that stuff is almost useless. Not only is it more realistic, it's also more balanced.
The hundreds of hours have nothing to do with it, especially in bad company 2. I think you unlock all your stuff by rank 21 or 22ish, and that is hardly "hundreds of hours", and you unlock magnum ammo at rank 14, also not after "hundreds of hours". Any good player can rape with whatever gun you give them. I haven't used magnum ammo in over 6 months.
I hate the hardcore modes because usually they take away a key element of the game, which is the firefight. Seeing who can land a shot anywhere on the body first is REALLY retarded imo. Might as well call it quake 3 arena.
The map is also awful for this kind of gameplay because you spend more time crawling than shooting or sprinting, since there is no cover. After the first mcons, it is WAY better.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-11, 02:18 PM   #1404
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR

M249 and ACOG site = ownage!

Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote