Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-05-11, 07:44 PM   #157
Ninja Prime

Default Re: Official RAGE Feedback Thread

One thing I don't like, even when its looking good, the difference from the low texture megatexture environment to characters and vehicles and stuff makes them look weird and out of place, just look at those screen shots above. They feel like they are highlighted, but they aren't, it just looks like that.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-11, 09:04 PM   #158
grey_1

A bit crisper

Old 10-05-11, 09:04 PM   #159
AngelGraves13

Man, this does not look like the E3 images where there was depth of field and shadows with dynamic lighting.

What did John Carmack do to us? I'll never respect the man again.
AngelGraves13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-11, 09:07 PM   #160
sillyeagle
sillyego

Just started, but so far no texture popping and it looks absolutly incredible with 8k textures being forced. It's really quite amazing to see unique textures everywhere. I'd say one of the most beautiful games ever. The game is also super smooth and fluid, with no frame drops below 60 so far, and that's with 8k textures and 8xAA. No complaints from me so far, other than some items have low res textures, but considering they wanted this to fit on a blue-ray disc that's understandable.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 10-05-11, 09:08 PM   #161
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

So I got around to installing this thing a few hours ago..was going to wait till 1.1 but friend said issues were only on ati drivers.... yea.. not quite.

It may not be as bad as some of the vids ive seen.. but on my 460gtx with gpu transcoding turned on, I still pickup objects and textures popping in when I turn my head. It becomes worse when things like whole doors pop in. Its pretty annoying.

Still aside from that.. the graphics are pretty sweet.. although there are my usual nitpicks, lack of day/night making realtime shadows kinda pointless, invisible and visible walls for blocking your way around. The story is not exactly gripping, you are left with the bare minimum.. infact its like playing world of warcraft. You have no idea why you are here, so just pickup the quest and go with the flow.

I do love the old style combat of rage though... I've missed being able to handle my own cover, and exploit holes and such to take down enemies. Although its hard to get used to buying and making your own ammo, you wont find enough of it just lying around.

oh, and...

Old 10-05-11, 09:09 PM   #162
AngelGraves13

I can't believe that id Tech 5 has no shadows like DOOM 3. It's like it should be called id Tech 3. Oh wait...that's taken.
Old 10-05-11, 09:11 PM   #163
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

what are you talking about? theres plenty of shadows.
Old 10-05-11, 09:11 PM   #164
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelGraves13 View Post
I can't believe that id Tech 5 has no shadows like DOOM 3. It's like it should be called id Tech 3. Oh wait...that's taken.
?

I see shadows...
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-11, 09:15 PM   #165
AngelGraves13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
what are you talking about? theres plenty of shadows.
The shadows are not real-time. They're like HL2 shadows, baked in, as others have said. NPCs have shadows, but they're not unified and draw similar to HL2 shadows, just under their feet. The sun is not like a giant light bulb that creates shadows and lengthens and shortens them in the game. It's all static. DOOM 3 is more impressive on the technical side.

I'm so disappointed in RAGE and id tech 5. id tech 4 is much more impressive. Anyone who decides to license id tech 5 is an idiot.

Hell...even BRINK looks better.
Old 10-05-11, 09:20 PM   #166
Greedo

nice shots, looking forward to you guys getting the kinks out before i buy this one.
Greedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-11, 09:31 PM   #167
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedo View Post
nice shots, looking forward to you guys getting the kinks out before i buy this one.
The game play is a blast, probably as much fun as I've had with a game recently, and now with that tweak that takes about a minute to do it looks sharp too.

Get it
Old 10-05-11, 09:35 PM   #168
ElL33t
Brobama

This game really does look like fun. I'll wait a couple of weeks before I get it. The problem with that is Skyrim comes out next month.
I am the #1 Obama supporter
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote