Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-06-11, 02:51 PM   #217
Sean_W

Default Re: Official RAGE Feedback Thread

But there is an excuse. Developers just don't make the money that they do on PC titles like consoles, so they put less porting effort into them. They don't want to add features, they just want to finish all three platforms with the same options.

Got to say though, The Witcher 2 was done the right way and they sold over 1 million, eight hundred copies on the PC. It's going to be on the consoles, so what, they did a great job on the PC and that's how it should be done, since people will buy your game like that. You treat the PC community with respect, you get respect back just like CDProjectekt did with The Witcher 2.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-11, 04:19 PM   #218
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

I enjoy tweaking, but only get games looking or running slightly better (and that's after I've spent several hours playing it already), Not to make the game look completely different or to make it run in the first place.

I can understand both sides of the fence. Sometimes, I'd just like to play the game. Other times, I'd like to play with options and cvar's to see what kind of IQ I can produce.

Rage looks and runs fine for me (albeit slightly blurry AKA: low res textures), and the tweaks weren't totally necessary, but I am running them.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-11, 05:15 PM   #219
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
That's the dumbest **** I have ever heard. You are saying that I have to want to tweak every game and not just expect them to work on release day without issues if I want to be a "PC Gamer"?

Seriously, is this the stupid mentality that PC Gamers are getting? What happen to wanting to be a PC Gamer just because you had PC & keyboard or optimal experience? I hate tweaking but still consider myself a PC Gamer (anyone who says I not can go drown in my 700+ games on Steam/GOG). It's annoying to try to get some games to have a proper resolution or FOV.
What I'm saying is that with no two computer systems are exactly alike, tweaking sometimes is what's necessary or what's wanted, related to a lot of things not just games. Nothing dumb about it. If you don't want or think you are never going to have to tweak something on a PC, time to switch to something else.
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-11, 05:23 PM   #220
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
From now on, all of my gaming money will go towards a console. I'm not spending another dime on the PC platform since we don't get the quality we expect. I'm done.
Keep in mind on consoles you will have to settle for a 30fps cap in many cases, and very little AA and AF.

I don't have a 360, but my brother does, and he can't stress enough how superior his Core 2 Quad and 8800GTX is compared to his 360. He doesn't even want to bother with 360 if he can get the game for PC, which he has hooked to the same TV.

BTW, with regard to Doom 4, Carmack already stated it will look at least twice as good as Rage, due to the fact it will run at only 30fps on consoles, so with half the framerate he can do twice the quality. I'm sure PC will be able to run that without the 30fps cap. I hope. lol
EVGA Intel X58
Old 10-06-11, 05:24 PM   #221
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike89 View Post
What I'm saying is that with no two computer systems are exactly alike, tweaking sometimes is what's necessary or what's wanted, related to a lot of things not just games. Nothing dumb about it. If you don't want or think you are never going to have to tweak something on a PC, time to switch to something else.
I said I don't like tweaking, not that I don't do it. I just think its stupid we have to and will avoid it if I can most of the time. Only time I do it if its to support my resolution or FOV on older titles. Games like Rage that should have released properly should not need tweaking to get the graphics to look like advertised.
Old 10-06-11, 05:26 PM   #222
grey_1

The tweak on this games takes literally less than 5 minutes and doesn't look bad at all after.

Here's what's in my rageconfig.cfg

vt_qualityhdplossless 1
vt_qualityhdppower 0
vt_qualityhdpspecular 0
vt_qualityhdpnormal 0
vt_qualityhdpdiffuse 0
vt_qualitydctpower 100
vt_qualitydctspecular 100
vt_qualitydctnormal 100
vt_qualitydctchroma 100
vt_qualitydctluma 100
vt_useCudaTranscode 2
vt_pageimagesizeuniquediffuseonly2 8192
vt_pageimagesizeuniquediffuseonly 8192
vt_pageimagesizeunique 8192
vt_pageimagesizevmtr 8192
vt_restart
vt_maxaniso 4
image_anisotropy 4
vt_minlod -1

Old 10-06-11, 05:28 PM   #223
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Awesome shots sillyeagle!
Thanks bud.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 10-06-11, 05:36 PM   #224
Sean_W

Nice shots grey_1. You can see the work gone into the environment like Carmack said but lower resolution textures just takes it away a bit.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-11, 05:41 PM   #225
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

All I can say is I'm enjoying the crap out of this game! Gonna go play some more now and leave the b_tching to the whiners . Somebody get these babies an xbox so they will leave us PC gamers alone.
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-11, 05:57 PM   #226
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
The tweak on this games takes literally less than 5 minutes and doesn't look bad at all after.

Here's what's in my rageconfig.cfg

vt_qualityhdplossless 1
vt_qualityhdppower 0
vt_qualityhdpspecular 0
vt_qualityhdpnormal 0
vt_qualityhdpdiffuse 0
vt_qualitydctpower 100
vt_qualitydctspecular 100
vt_qualitydctnormal 100
vt_qualitydctchroma 100
vt_qualitydctluma 100
vt_useCudaTranscode 2
vt_pageimagesizeuniquediffuseonly2 8192
vt_pageimagesizeuniquediffuseonly 8192
vt_pageimagesizeunique 8192
vt_pageimagesizevmtr 8192
vt_restart
vt_maxaniso 4
image_anisotropy 4
vt_minlod -1
You didn't fix the crappy FOV or the mouse acceleration issues?
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-11, 06:09 PM   #227
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
You didn't fix the crappy FOV or the mouse acceleration issues?
Field of view is already at 80, much higher than the 65 or so I've seen with other 'console' games. I hear a lot of fov complaint these days, but I'm not sure what people expect. What do you prefer for fov?
EVGA Intel X58
Old 10-06-11, 06:22 PM   #228
sillyeagle
sillyego

Megatexture certainly does create a world that's like an interactive painting. In fact I would trade texture resolution(to a degree) in order to have what we have here. Despite the drawbacks of this approach it truly is an artistic achievement. Nothing like this has been seen before, which shows how innovative Id Tech 5 actually is. Perhaps we will begin seeing 25GB+ games with decent textures in the future. In fact Nvidia should be paying these devs to include PC exclusive graphics in order to keep their card market alive.

Some of these areas so stunning I can't help but take more shots when I pass through.

EVGA Intel X58