Old 10-07-11, 07:02 AM   #241
sillyeagle
sillyego

Default Re: Official RAGE Feedback Thread

EVGA Intel X58
Old 10-07-11, 07:15 AM   #242
Destroy

I don't know what some of you are seeing but all screenshots look horrible to me. Far Cry 2 analogy pretty much sealed a bargain bin purchase for me.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-11, 07:24 AM   #243
Ywap

It looks kind of semi cell shaded to me. Not a good thing imo.
Old 10-07-11, 07:36 AM   #244
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

The gun does look cell shaded in the "wrong" light. The world looks great, some low res textures mostly in the cities. Game is still hella fun though. Remember gaming is about having fun - as we all know Crysis looked purty but was the most boring game I've ever played. It was as repetitive as anything and wasn't enjoyable. At least Rage is fun. Lets give it up on the "there are some low res textures". Every game has some low res textures, talk about beating a dead horse though. :dead-horse-fast2:

It is a lot like Far Cry 2 and Dead Island. Drive there, kill someone (or flip switch), drive back for reward. Consoles made this type of mindless game play "acceptable" gaming.

Overall I like it quite a bit and I didn't even have this on my radar. I think once ID give us some visual control which is coming soon and we get some new drivers (reportedly today) things will be looking even better. When a game from Carmack comes out lacking graphic options and the industry get negative reviews and backlash I think this will let them know PC gamers aren't going to settle for the crap the console noobs will pay for. I'm glad to see Carmack actually commenting in his blog to the issues that have been noted. 5 years ago before facebook and twitter there was no way someone like Carmack would even get any feedback, now its easy to let them know how we feel. I still dont think they take PC gamers seriously enough, they are counting on their guaranteed 6 million in sales from the console noobs, but we are making progress.

Anyways - forget about some low res textures and enjoy the game already it's really a lot of fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-11, 07:41 AM   #245
Ywap

How about the difficulty level?

Has the game been balanced for keyboard + mouse or do you have to play with a pad to get a challenge?
Old 10-07-11, 07:45 AM   #246
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
I don't know what some of you are seeing but all screenshots look horrible to me. Far Cry 2 analogy pretty much sealed a bargain bin purchase for me.
This game is nothing like FC2. The enemies that respawn consistently are necessary. Every town has someone who pays you for killing them, then that money can be used for upgrades, ammo etc. They aren't hard to kill either unless you are fighting 3 or more at once.

Going back through areas that were previously cleared does not always spawn enemies. Sometimes, yes, but not always.
Old 10-07-11, 07:49 AM   #247
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ywap View Post

Has the game been balanced for keyboard + mouse or do you have to play with a pad to get a challenge?
It's pretty well balanced. Certain enemies are dangerous only if you miss, otherwise they go down easy enough. Some will rush you while reloading and that can get troublesome. Sometimes you get hit with a mini boss or 2 at once, along with several of the regulars - that can get frantic.

Good fun so far - and some of the enemy comments get you LoLing. "Where is he? THERE HE IS! Aw I'm screwed!"
Old 10-07-11, 07:57 AM   #248
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

Quote:

Good question. I'm playing on hard and it's alright challenge wise. I've done some sniper missions which I passed fairly easily. It's easy to just spam grenades (which are dirt cheap - I have like 60 of them lol) or wingsticks. You go down fast on hard but its fairly easy to stand back and avoid fire. Enemies take a lot of bullets to fall though, couple of headshots even without helmets. If you want a challenge, nightmare is probably the option. Hard here feels like normal to me.

Far Cry 2 analogies are somewhat valid. Replace the respawning checkpoints with respawning buggies / gunner towers as you drive to locations. Easy to kill? Sure. Gets old after the 4th time.

The animations fail too often for them to be good, they don't flinch when doing certain canned animations and sometimes they don't even flinch when you shoot them in the head as they fire from cover.

Old 10-07-11, 08:01 AM   #249
Ywap

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
It's pretty well balanced. Certain enemies are dangerous only if you miss, otherwise they go down easy enough. Some will rush you while reloading and that can get troublesome. Sometimes you get hit with a mini boss or 2 at once, along with several of the regulars - that can get frantic.

Good fun so far - and some of the enemy comments get you LoLing. "Where is he? THERE HE IS! Aw I'm screwed!"
Is this on the highest difficulty level?
Old 10-07-11, 08:04 AM   #250
grey_1

Quote:
Is this on the highest difficulty level?
Oops, forgot to mention I'm playing on normal difficulty. I don't know if higher difficulty spawns more enemies or just toughens up the same ones, I may try it my next playthrough.
Old 10-07-11, 08:07 AM   #251
Ywap

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Good question. I'm playing on hard and it's alright challenge wise. I've done some sniper missions which I passed fairly easily. It's easy to just spam grenades (which are dirt cheap - I have like 60 of them lol) or wingsticks. You go down fast on hard but its fairly easy to stand back and avoid fire. Enemies take a lot of bullets to fall though, couple of headshots even without helmets. If you want a challenge, nightmare is probably the option. Hard here feels like normal to me.

Far Cry 2 analogies are somewhat valid. Replace the respawning checkpoints with respawning buggies / gunner towers as you drive to locations. Easy to kill? Sure. Gets old after the 4th time.

The animations fail too often for them to be good, they don't flinch when doing certain canned animations and sometimes they don't even flinch when you shoot them in the head as they fire from cover.
Ahh, so there is a nightmare option too. Looking forward to die a lot (i hope)
Old 10-07-11, 08:10 AM   #252
Beavermatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post

Have you ever been shot?

I'll assume you haven't.

In the heat of the action, adrenaline and endorphins are bursting through your body like no tommorow, and basically numbs your body to large amounts of pain, your body kicks into survival mode overdrive to try and shield your nerves and mind from the shock that should be occuring. Add that to the fact most rifle rounds pierce and cut nerve endings faster than they can respond, and I won't be the first to tell you that you may not feel a thing for a few moments after taking a 5.56 to your abdomen and thigh... larger calibers and ball ammo pistols, sure, larger surface area of the bullet and more punching force than piercing. Pretty uneventful for the smaller rifle calibers until you realize you've been hit and your mind settles back down to succumb to the shock as it allows pain to start flowing back in.
Beavermatic is offline   Reply With Quote