Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-08-11, 02:01 PM   #289
Blade
It's just a ride....

Default Re: Official RAGE Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
he doesn't even have the game,
Of course i have the game, why post otherwise?
Old 10-08-11, 02:07 PM   #290
Rummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Of course i have the game, why post otherwise?
He wasn't talking about joo.
Rummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-11, 02:47 PM   #291
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

hrmm.. bethesda said Nvidia was going to release drivers...so I guess they were lying?

RAGE will be released tomorrow in Europe and both AMD and Nvidia are preparing a new set of drivers for it. Additionally, those of you with SLI systems will have to run the game in Single GPU Mode – for the time being.

Posted on October 7, 2011 by John Papadopoulos

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/rage-p...ons/#more-8627

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-11, 03:14 PM   #292
[BANDIT]

In non steam copy where should I copy cfg? In rage/base don't work.
[BANDIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-11, 03:21 PM   #293
Yaboze

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
hrmm.. bethesda said Nvidia was going to release drivers...so I guess they were lying?

RAGE will be released tomorrow in Europe and both AMD and Nvidia are preparing a new set of drivers for it. Additionally, those of you with SLI systems will have to run the game in Single GPU Mode – for the time being.

Posted on October 7, 2011 by John Papadopoulos

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/rage-p...ons/#more-8627
Um, no, YOU said they were going to release drivers, they said they are "preparing a new set". Not the same thing.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-11, 03:26 PM   #294
Rummy

you have to create it. rageconfig.cfg and make it a text file.
Old 10-08-11, 03:29 PM   #295
Rummy

Rageconfig.cfg

Not long later, ‘angular graphics’ on the NeoGAF forum discovered that creating a .cfg configuration file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rage\base was the solution. Be aware, however, that you will almost certainly require a video card with 1.5GB of Video RAM to enable 8K textures, other graphical niceties and GPU Transcoding, though it may also work on systems with just 1GB of VRAM if said options are toned down. To discover how much VRAM your graphics card has open the NVIDIA Control Panel, click on ‘System Information’ on the bottom left, and then scroll down the list to ‘Dedicated video memory.’ The amount of VRAM is displayed in Megabytes, with 1.5GB being displayed as 1536MB.

Name the file rageconfig.cfg and add the following text using the Notepad application, located in All Programs > Accessories:

vt_pageimagesizeuniquediffuseonly2 8192
vt_pageimagesizeuniquediffuseonly 8192
vt_pageimagesizeunique 8192
vt_pageimagesizevmtr 8192
vt_restart
vt_maxaniso 4
image_anisotropy 4

If you have 3GB of Video RAM, you can modify the configuration file’s first four lines to end with 16384, instead of 8192, which will enable Rage’s 16K textures, though as we don’t have a suitably-equipped GPU to hand we cannot offer any guarantees as to the game’s stability or visual fidelity when using this modification. Update: We have now tested the 16384 configuration on a 3GB GeForce GTX 580 and can detect no improvements whatsoever. Based on our new understanding of id Tech 5 it may be possible to see benefits from 16384 at the very highest resolutions in the most demanding situations.

If you’re unsure of how to set up the configuration file follow these steps:

Right click in the empty white space in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rage\base (if you are using Windows XP or 2000 the path will be C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\rage\base)
Left click ‘New’
Left click ‘Text Document’

If the file that appears is named New Text Document.txt:

Enter rageconfig.cfg in the dialog box and click off to accept the change
Double click on rageconfig.cfg in the base folder
If you are prompted to pick an application to open the file with, tell Windows you will chose the application yourself, then select Notepad among the options and open the file
Paste in the configuration from above, hit Ctrl+S on your keyboard, and then close the file
Load Rage

If the file that appears is named New Text Document:

Click off to accept the naming
Double click on New Text Document to open it
Paste in the configuration from above
Click ‘File,’ then ‘Save As’
In the ‘File Name’ box type rageconfig.cfg and click ‘Save’
Close the file
Load Rage

The ‘8192’ referenced on the first four lines relates to John Carmack’s aforementioned 8k texture quote, forcing Rage to display 8k textures at all times, overwriting the Auto-Balancer. ‘angular graphics’ also retrieved a slide from a tech presentation regarding id Software’s id Tech 5 engine, which powers Rage. In the slide, id Software states that their engine can support 4x Anisotropic Filtering, so the config file also enables the quality-enhancing technique via the final two lines of text, in addition to the amount of Antialiasing specified in Rage’s in-game Video Option menu.
Old 10-08-11, 03:52 PM   #296
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
Um, no, YOU said they were going to release drivers, they said they are "preparing a new set". Not the same thing.
No, I didn't say it... I read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-08-11, 03:55 PM   #297
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by [BANDIT] View Post
In non steam copy where should I copy cfg? In rage/base don't work.
Umm, it's a Steamworks game no? There is no non Steam copy as far as I know.

Only just started RAGE. I'm not sure how a game can look so good, yet so bad at the same time. Compared to recent FPSes it's not that good, compared to recent open worldish games like Dead Island (maybe Far Cry 2) it looks fantastic. Zooming along the wasteland is where the game really shines.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-11, 04:36 PM   #298
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
No, I didn't say it... I read it.
No, you read one thing and claimed another.

Here is what they said:

Quote:
Here is what you said:

Quote:
where are the nvidia drivers bethesda promised us today...
Quote:
They never said they would be released today. You assumed they would be released today, so no, they weren't lying you just misinterpreted their words.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-11, 05:29 PM   #299
logan

I'm really surprised by the reviews giving this an 8+. The story is bad, the characters are uninteresting, and it's a generic shooter overall. I've been bouncing around for a few hours at this point and I have no idea what's going on and I don't care. Everyone's talking about the magnificent graphics, but I'm having a ton of problems... The world textures are very low quality and I have no idea why or how to fix them. There's like no video options at all. I've never seen a game with so few graphic options before. And that texture popup thing is just plain embarrassing... Here's our new engine, look at how awful everything appears without advanced video tuning! The vt_* settings helped but it still happens alot, and it still looks bad. I normally don't care too much about graphics, but when they story is this dull and the gameplay so generic I need something to keep me going...

I had no expectations at all since Doom 3 was such a huge letdown, but this is just a throwaway for me. Maybe id Software should stick to tech and outsource game development to Raven. They may not always make the best games, but at least they're fun.
logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-11, 06:53 PM   #300
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

I enjoy playing at the moment, due to the funny stuff the AI does. Like me shooting a bandit in the leg as he ran, he trips and lands on the ground on his chest, pulling the trigger on the Assault Rifle he was carrying and filling his friend full of lead. I died from an incoming grenade because I was laughing so hard.

I'm now trying to re-create the moment so I can fraps it and stick it on youtube.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote