Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-10-11, 08:52 PM   #385
Sean_W

Default Re: Official RAGE Feedback Thread

It's really repetitive, back, forward, back forward and just linear. RAGE makes me want to install and play Fallout 3.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-11, 09:01 PM   #386
dikinher
Grab em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
It's really repetitive, back, forward, back forward and just linear. RAGE makes me want to install and play Fallout 3.
Exactly. I've only played a few hours though. Is the game always this restricted? I feel like I am playing Farcry 2 without the cheesy checkpoints.
Old 10-10-11, 09:07 PM   #387
Sean_W

Yep, it's pretty much like that, even the side missions send you back to the same places to clear out the same bandits while looking for people. I just got really bored and the buggy driving is like it as well, the other buggies are so easy to destroy.

There is just no depth to this game at all, it feels like it's forcing you to go places. I think I enjoyed Quake 4 and Doom3 more than this.
Old 10-10-11, 09:54 PM   #388
ArrowMk84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Yeah, I've got the same feeling. Time to pick out some New Vegas mods

Rage isn't bad, and is a fun distraction, but it's not great, and it's not what the previews said it was.
Intel i7-2600k @ 4.6GHz | Asus Maximus IV Extreme | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 MHz 9-10-9-27 | Dual EVGA GeForce GTX 580 3GB | Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro PCI-E | Intel 510 Series SSD 120 GB | 2x Raptor 600 GB RAID | 2TB WD Black | Lite-On 21x Blu-ray Burner | Corsair AX1200 Modular PSU | Silverstone FT02 | Corsair H60 with Dual Fans | Dell 3007-HC 30" LCD | Audioengine 5 & S8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
ArrowMk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-11, 10:03 PM   #389
Destroy

You guys are funny, my console friends say this game is awesome.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-11, 10:11 PM   #390
sillyeagle
sillyego

It is awesome. I'm doing my second play through right now and enjoying it just as much as the first, and I like the fact you get to go back into the same hideouts multiple times. Would be a shame to not reuse the scenery assets as much as possible. I've gone back to some of the hideouts three or four times just to clear them out for the fun of it. I put 23 hours into my first play through, so there's lots of ways to have fun in this game.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 10-10-11, 10:54 PM   #391
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

I've been trying to play this as much as I can, but I'm still not extremely far into it. Don't see how people have beat the game so many times!

Still enjoyable but like many have said, absolutely no depth at all.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-11, 11:51 PM   #392
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowMk84 View Post
Yeah, I've got the same feeling. Time to pick out some New Vegas mods

Rage isn't bad, and is a fun distraction, but it's not great, and it's not what the previews said it was.
Me and my mate spent a few hours on it and it was so repetitive, put me of buying RAGE myself. As soon as I got back home, I installed Fallout3 and found an awesome high resolution texture pack. Loving it.

Old 10-11-11, 03:04 AM   #393
Muppet

Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition | Intel 4930k | SS Phasechange | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866 | Asus GTX680 x2 SLI | Corsair AX1200 Watt PSU | Lian-Li PC-8NWX | Intel 520 120Gb SSD x2 | Samsung S27A950D 27" 120Hz | HP ZR24w 24" S-IPS x3 Nvidia Surround @6000x1200 | Xonar Essence STX
Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-11, 03:16 AM   #394
sillyeagle
sillyego

Nice shots.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 10-11-11, 03:32 AM   #395
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

A lot of people are comparing this to Fallout? Not sure why, this is a FPS/Racer. Fallout is a FPS/RPG. It's like comparing Dawn of War 2 to Dragon Age :/

It's a FPS and the depth comes from choosing the right weapon, ammo and craftables for the job. I'm having a blast just playing with the pistol and my items, much like I play Bioshock 2 with just the drill and plasmids. You have to make full use of wingsticks, sentries and special ammo to really enjoy this game.

I love the enemies. Even the basic grunts are deadly with the way they come at you bro, while the AI might not be FEAR level, their path finding makes up for it. Even the little sentry bot, with the way he will jump and down of objects to get the best shot and follow you around.

I'm hoping the 64bit patch comes with some nice object textures. I'd love to reply it then. It would be nice if you didn't have a blurry book next to a high res character with a amazing mountain texture in the distance.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-11, 05:11 AM   #396
Muppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
A lot of people are comparing this to Fallout? Not sure why, this is a FPS/Racer. Fallout is a FPS/RPG. It's like comparing Dawn of War 2 to Dragon Age :/

It's a FPS and the depth comes from choosing the right weapon, ammo and craftables for the job. I'm having a blast just playing with the pistol and my items, much like I play Bioshock 2 with just the drill and plasmids. You have to make full use of wingsticks, sentries and special ammo to really enjoy this game.

I love the enemies. Even the basic grunts are deadly with the way they come at you bro, while the AI might not be FEAR level, their path finding makes up for it. Even the little sentry bot, with the way he will jump and down of objects to get the best shot and follow you around.

I'm hoping the 64bit patch comes with some nice object textures. I'd love to reply it then. It would be nice if you didn't have a blurry book next to a high res character with a amazing mountain texture in the distance.
I agree. I'm loving this game personally. No, it's not perfect, but few games are if any. I love the fact that it's a simple shooter.

As for the Wingsticks, they are easily my favorite weapon in Rage. Always trying to hit them out in the open so they come flying back to you to use again.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition | Intel 4930k | SS Phasechange | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866 | Asus GTX680 x2 SLI | Corsair AX1200 Watt PSU | Lian-Li PC-8NWX | Intel 520 120Gb SSD x2 | Samsung S27A950D 27" 120Hz | HP ZR24w 24" S-IPS x3 Nvidia Surround @6000x1200 | Xonar Essence STX
Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote