Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-21-11, 07:20 AM   #1
rudedog
Not so Rude

Default Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 FAQs released

Just in case you missed it, seeing as IW/Activision likes to wait until the last possible minute to release PC related info.

I'm extremely excited about the PC version of Modern Warfare 3 this year, because we’ve been taking your feedback since Modern Warfare 2,and the franchise as a whole, on what you wanted to see in the PC version of Modern Warfare 3 and the team at Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games has put aton of emphasis on delivering a PC experience that brings in all the great things we added in Modern Warfare 2:
Lobby System
Matchmaking with a Party
Matchmaking for Public Games
Steam Integration (Friends List, Server Browser,Achievements, Join on Friends)
While combining it with your favorite features from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare:

Dedicated Servers (Join your favorite or set up your own,without any 3rd party hosting requirements)
In-game Server Browser that allows you to filter by ping, map, gametype, hardcore, voice, password, and more.

In addition, we're supporting PC specific features that give you even more control over your experience like RCON, Custom Game Saving, NoGFX / Audio Card Requirement on DS.exe, Voice Chat, and SSAO.

Beyond that, we know our PC audience has sent in a ton of questions to us via @fourzerotwo, Sledgehammer Games’s QotW, and to the forums and wanted to knock out someof the most asked questions in a quick and easy FAQ so that you can make a fulland informed decision when pre-ordering Modern Warfare 3.

Does the PC version of Modern Warfare 3 support the same Private Match options?
Yes! PC players can fully customize their private / dedicated server games through full control over Class Restrictions, Custom Gamemode creation, access to unique private match modes like One in the Chamber,Gun Game, and Infected, as well as save their custom games for future use.

Will Modern Warfare 3 have Dedicated Servers?
Yes! Modern Warfare 3 supported matchmaking as well as Dedicated Servers, allowing players to find and filter via an in-game server browser or set-up their own Dedicated Server for complete control, without being restricted by any 3rd party hosting requirements. If looking for a Dedicated Server to join, if you choose not to set up your own, you can filter and favorite by Ping, Map, Gametype, Hardcore Variants, Voice, Password, and many other options.

Will MW3 on PC have unique graphic options available?
Yes! You have a lot of graphic options, including enablingand disabling of new rendering features such as SSAO, you'll also be able to modify DOF, Shadows, Anti-Aliasing, Texture Resolution and more.

Will Remote Console (RCON) be available to server admins?
Yes! You'll be able to admin your server using RCON. We'll support all things you'd expect, such as Kicking & Banning players, map rotation, private chat to players, reloading the map, and more.

Does Modern Warfare 3 on PC support an in-game Server Browser? Can you also use matchmaking?
Yes! In addition to the public matchmaking system for finding Ranked public games, you can use the in-game server browser to find and favorite unranked Dedicated Servers to join, which can be filtered by a number of options mentioned above.

How is Modern Warfare 3 on PC handling anti-cheat?
Security is a major focus for Modern Warfare 3, especially coming out of Modern Warfare 2. We will be utilizing multiple methods of Anti-cheat and Security methods, including Steam's VAC system, CEG, and our own propriety methods implemented to provide multiple layers of defense in keeping online multiplayer fun, fair, and secure for all players without limiting the control they expect on PC.

Will Modern Warfare 3 on PC support STEAM?
Yes! MW3 is fully integrated with Steamworks, including the Steam Friends List (in addition to the in-game friends list), Steam Server Browser (in addition to the in-game one), Steam Achievements, and the ability to join friends matches.

Will Spec Ops have matchmaking on PC?
Yes! As well as Spec Ops specific leaderboards and a full progressive ranking system.

What is the Maxplayer count for Modern Warfare 3 on PC?
Currently it is 18 players max (in Ground War) but it may increase post launch.

Will Modern Warfare 3 on PC have LAN support?
Yes!

What is the overall design philosophy regarding PC? How is IW/SH providing for the unique needs of PC players?
We value the PC player and have gone to great lengths inproviding a more rich experience for our players. We keep our ear near the ground and try todeliver items most requested. The big feature for MW3 we are supporting is Dedicated Servers, this includes a serverbrowser, voting, RCON, and more. Also we’ve implemented some PC only rendering features including SSAO. Lastly we are embracing the STEAM platform by integrating fully with Steam including friends list, STEAM achievements.

How is the game being optimized for PC hardware?
We do wide testing across all tiers of PC, in our office wehave an old minspec machine that receives just as much care as our top tier PC. We’ve also engaged the hardware manufactures for wider compatibility testing for us to ensure an optimized bug free launch.

Can we set our max FPS?
No. Setting Max FPS is not a user controllable option.

Will 'lean' be in the game?
No. We chose to keep lean out of the game to keep the gameplay experience universal across all platforms. This was a gameplay design decision.

Will there be Modtools for Modern Warfare 3 on PC?
Mod Tools will not be shipped at launch. As always we are continually evaluating features to support post launch and this is one requiring further discussion.

What is the MinimumSpecs for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 on PC?

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom™ X38750 processor or better

Memory: 16 GB free hard drive space / 2GB RAM

Video Card: Shader 3.0 or better 256 MB NVIDIA®GeForce™ 8600GT / ATI® Radeon™ X1950 or better

Sound Card: DirectX® 9.0C or later
BDR-202|X-Fi Fatal1ty 2.07.0004|Logitec G7-setpoint 3.1.116|Ergodex DX1-firmware 1.1-driver1.3|Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW 24" LCD|PCPower and Cooling TurboCool 1000 SLI|Windows 7 Ultimate|Klipsch THX 5.1
Imac: Snow Leopard|27" screen|i7 2.93|12 GB|ATI HD 5750 1G|WD 1T SATA|2xWD 2T firewire 800|Sharing Dell 24"
Laptop: MBP|2.16|2GB ram|160drive
Laptop 2: MBP Unibody|2.66|4GB ram|320drive
Camera: D700 + MB-D10 + EN-EL3e + GP1|Nikon14-24 f2.8|nikon24-70 f2.8|nikon70-200 f2.8|nikon 50 f1.4|Sigma 150-500
Car: 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Plum Crazy Purl|6 Speed|Power roof|Super Track Pack|20" classic rims|Functional ram air hood
rudedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-11, 07:57 AM   #2
K007

Default Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 FAQs released

yea.....aint gonna touch this for awhile...been screwed over way too many with lies from the cod franchise since mw2.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-11, 08:18 AM   #3
Logical

lol rudedog just come off your site to post this here lol

No lean = no purchase for me....i also think there will be quite a few cvars locked ala the decision not to edit max fps...

I was looking for this to be just as customisable as CoD4 but it seems its just going to be MW2 with dedicated servers...
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-11, 11:08 AM   #4
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

no ranked in dedis = no point
no elite on pc = shows they don't care
Old 10-21-11, 11:16 AM   #5
mojoman0

seems activision isnt trying very hard to advertise this as in recent years, maybe cause they dont have to anymore
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-11, 11:18 AM   #6
ViN86

Yea I'm glad I didn't pre-order this. What a waste. Why would I pay $60 for MW2.1?

Honestly, what's new in this game? This is like a $60 map pack.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-11, 11:28 AM   #7
mojoman0

theyve all been since cod 2. fun but man just had enough
Old 10-21-11, 11:51 AM   #8
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
theyve all been since cod 2. fun but man just had enough
Well I mean COD3 wasn't very good. But COD4 was great fun and pushed the envelope, World at War was a great game as well in a different era, MW2 pushed the envelope graphically (although it took a few steps back in terms of gameplay imo), and Black Ops returned a lot of PC favorites (dedicated servers, mod tools, lean, console, etc.).

But MW3 is almost exactly the same as MW2, especially if you're not going to play competitively, which seems to be the only reason for dedicated servers...
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-21-11, 11:59 AM   #9
Roliath

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
no ranked in dedis = no point
no elite on pc = shows they don't care
What is elite? Not that I will be buying this but what is it? No ranked dedi servers makes total sense.

16GB seems rather large considering BF3 is only 12GB.
Old 10-21-11, 12:23 PM   #10
mojoman0

elite is their $50 a year premium social and stats tracking system + all dlc for the game, its for pc too but not the beta

http://www.callofduty.com/elite
Old 10-21-11, 12:53 PM   #11
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Lame questions... I'd have gone more for this...

Does it use the same old engine we've seen the last 10 years?
Yes... we want to sell 6 million copies to console nubs with rich moms, why would we use anything but a weathered money maker. Dx9 rocks, Microsoft and Sony told us. But we've done a quick and dirty port to the PC so you guys can give us some money too...

Why do you guys keep posting lame announcements everytime something happens with BF3?
Cause we don't want to look irrelevant with our 10 year old DX9 engine. We are important dammit!

When are we going to get an updated, DX11 engine for the PC?
PC? like the big thing we code the game on? The next COD will play on my cellphone and consoles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-11, 01:03 PM   #12
bacon12

Good to know the truth finally. I hope the net code is redone as well. It has been spotty since MW2, and even blops.

I also really hope the balance the game for both modes. Not just adjust hp damage, and remove the hud. And ffs don't nerf snipers by removing quick scope. Especially in hardcore more, when pistols can 1 shot across the map.
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote