Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-21-11, 12:11 PM   #13
Roliath

Default Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 FAQs released

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
Lame questions... I'd have gone more for this...

Does it use the same old engine we've seen the last 10 years?
Yes... we want to sell 6 million copies to console nubs with rich moms, why would we use anything but a weathered money maker. Dx9 rocks, Microsoft and Sony told us. But we've done a quick and dirty port to the PC so you guys can give us some money too...

Why do you guys keep posting lame announcements everytime something happens with BF3?
Cause we don't want to look irrelevant with our 10 year old DX9 engine. We are important dammit!

When are we going to get an updated, DX11 engine for the PC?
PC? like the big thing we code the game on? The next COD will play on my cellphone and consoles.
Sledgehammer said they are tired of all the whining going on about the engine.
Quote:
“If you put Modern Warfare 2 next to Modern Warfare 3 you would see a huge difference,” he said. “Look at all the character models, look at all the gun models, look at the reflections, look at the water. There is so much that we’ve added, so when someone says ‘cut and paste’, I don’t even want to talk to them because they don’t know. They just don’t know. They have no idea.”

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/10/17/sl...f-duty-engine/
I've seen the gameplay, and I've seen the pics, it looks the same to me and everyone else I asked.

I know valve gets a pass for the source engine and i'd love to see that thing retired and progress made on a new engine.
Old 10-21-11, 12:12 PM   #14
mojoman0

the menu screen of black ops still makes my mouse lag and jump around the screen...
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-11, 12:30 PM   #15
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roliath View Post
Sledgehammer said they are tired of all the whining going on about the engine.
I've seen the gameplay, and I've seen the pics, it looks the same to me and everyone else I asked.

I know valve gets a pass for the source engine and i'd love to see that thing retired and progress made on a new engine.
Looks the same to me too, I watched the new streaks video yesterday... nothing new at all. Same graphics, same animations. He actually said... this engine is a porche? Are you kidding me...

Well I'll tell you one thing, I've worked on a lot of engines over my lifetime and spent a lot of time putting graphics in to them and this thing is Porsche.

Dude, it's more like a Ford Model T. Been using it since my Dad was a gamer...

If you put Modern Warfare 2 next to Modern Warfare 3 you would see a huge difference. Look at all the character models, look at all the gun models, look at the reflections, look at the water.

Uhh sure... then they must be hiding the good stuff from the press information and videos I've seen lately. Let's see these upgrades already.

This is the first time Sledehammer games has touched COD, they just want to get rich off the money making COD series where you could release anything and you are guaranteed the 6 million console sales. What a douche.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-11, 02:35 PM   #16
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Can't wait for MW3. Without trolling, I will say that I'm glad I will just throw a disc in and play. Not tinkering is always FTW.

/possibletrolling
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-11, 02:38 PM   #17
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
Can't wait for MW3. Without trolling, I will say that I'm glad I will just throw a disc in and play. Not tinkering is always FTW.

/possibletrolling
May the Red Ring be with you..... oooops... omen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-11, 03:06 PM   #18
[AK]Zip
New Level Of Epic

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post

/possibletrolling
Have fun playing with a bunch of 10 year olds...
[AK]Zip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-11, 03:18 PM   #19
six_storm

Funny guys. Actually I will be playing a lot with people from work since they all have X360. I miss MW2 (nobody is playing online via PC anymore) so MW3 should be pretty awesome.
Old 10-21-11, 03:46 PM   #20
mojoman0

gotta admit 4 player lan in cod is very fun, just enough people for stealth and action. gets your heart pumpin and its pretty competitive if you have people nearby to play with. otherwise meh
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-21-11, 03:46 PM   #21
de><ta
prodigy

Average Battlefield player:

Average Call of Duty player:

///m-powered | Intel i7 920 | EVGA x58 | 6GB DD3 1600 | EVGA GTX 285 SSC | 150GB VelociRaptor

Drag racing is for fast cars. Autocrossing is for fast drivers.
de><ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-11, 03:49 PM   #22
Logical

Ok sure six_storm what ever floats your boat...

The only good thing of the release of MW3 is that it will keep the kiddies and fps laggers out of BF3......

MW3 is MW2 with a map pack and dedi's for clan play...a bit late in the game imo and the "no lean because they want the gameplay the same accross all platforms" , just goes to show the love the PC gets from IW/Activision....

It's a no shocker, the brains behind the best CoD's aren't even at IW anymore and whatever respawn entertainment bring out will certainly do a big fat wet keff on this POS....
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-11, 04:08 PM   #23
six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
Ok sure six_storm what ever floats your boat...

The only good thing of the release of MW3 is that it will keep the kiddies and fps laggers out of BF3......

MW3 is MW2 with a map pack and dedi's for clan play...a bit late in the game imo and the "no lean because they want the gameplay the same accross all platforms" , just goes to show the love the PC gets from IW/Activision....

It's a no shocker, the brains behind the best CoD's aren't even at IW anymore and whatever respawn entertainment bring out will certainly do a big fat wet keff on this POS....
Same thing could be said about BF3. I played the beta and it's just BC2 wrapped in with new maps. I see no difference between the two, therefore I'm not purchasing BF3 for a long time. SP looks interesting but it's not worth buying on day one. MW1 and MW2 were amazing games, especially the MP. It's fast and fun action that most everyone loves.

I'll keep my opinion on "lean" out of here, but let's just say that people complaining about the lack of makes me LOL.
Old 10-21-11, 04:23 PM   #24
jkmetal

I ve never played any cod or battlefield game online. I ve played through the single player of COD2,4,6,7 (on the xbox) and I enjoyed them all. Overall I d say that 7 was the best single player experience and that the graphics did improve with each release. I paid full price for Modern Warfare and got the rest either on sale or as a gift.

The only single player battlefield game I ve played was Bad company 2. The graphics were better but the gameplay was not as fun and there were some strange quirks to the world. (like totally empty shacks and the same interior to every house....) The final levels were a joke. At one point I just waltzed through a 10 minute warehouse with a giant rifle where I killed everything in a single shot. (Lol at the plane "ending")

So I m leaning to the COD single player experience. Yet I might be a "part of the problem" pc gamer but nothing in the battlefield single player trailer sparks an interest. Ho hum, tired and trite. Yah another interrogation flashback story!!! Who is dez real terroristsz?

I m probably going to be checking out whats new with soap and price.