Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-21-11, 04:34 PM   #25
Logical
Registered User
 
Logical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,523
Default Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 FAQs released

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
Same thing could be said about BF3. I played the beta and it's just BC2 wrapped in with new maps. I see no difference between the two, therefore I'm not purchasing BF3 for a long time. SP looks interesting but it's not worth buying on day one. MW1 and MW2 were amazing games, especially the MP. It's fast and fun action that most everyone loves.

I'll keep my opinion on "lean" out of here, but let's just say that people complaining about the lack of makes me LOL.
I lol'd hard Let me get this right...Your not getting bf3 for a while cause it looks like bfbc2...ok if you say so, but then to turn round and say your getting mw3 even though it's identical to its predecessor in both visuals and gameplay...Something not adding up there lol

And yeah the gameplay in mw2 mp is soo good...really ? It is if you like playing amongst hackers.. Lack of lean on a PC CoD is a biggie to those that understand how it is used and also the excuse the devs made behind that decision makes my skin crawl....Enjoy your game...im sure i will enjoy mine...

Mindelss run and gun with dated visuals V superb tactical gameplay with state of the art visuals....only 1 winner here.

Pointless to compare the both tbh, BF3 is in a different league...Lets see how MW3 compares to MW2, ahh it doesn't its exactly the same ****....Hell id even say blops is a better effort at a reformed CoD than what MW3 is...
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-11, 04:39 PM   #26
jkmetal
Registered User
 
jkmetal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 775
Default Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 FAQs released

Ok this might be a little of topic but...

Who wants a joint ops sequel? I played that game ol a lot in highschool.
__________________
Inter Q9950@stock. Scythe CPU cooler.4gigs Corsair ddr2 1066. Segate 1tb drive. Ati Theater Pro 650. Evga GTX460 768@845mhz. Win 7 64 Professional.
Dell 2007wfp S-IPS. Dell P1130. Razer Deathadder. Ducky 87 key mechanical keyboard. Xbox 360 controller for windows.
jkmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-11, 05:42 PM   #27
six_storm
Registered User
 
six_storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 11,575
Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 FAQs released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
I lol'd hard Let me get this right...Your not getting bf3 for a while cause it looks like bfbc2...ok if you say so, but then to turn round and say your getting mw3 even though it's identical to its predecessor in both visuals and gameplay...Something not adding up there lol

And yeah the gameplay in mw2 mp is soo good...really ? It is if you like playing amongst hackers.. Lack of lean on a PC CoD is a biggie to those that understand how it is used and also the excuse the devs made behind that decision makes my skin crawl....Enjoy your game...im sure i will enjoy mine...

Mindelss run and gun with dated visuals V superb tactical gameplay with state of the art visuals....only 1 winner here.

Pointless to compare the both tbh, BF3 is in a different league...Lets see how MW3 compares to MW2, ahh it doesn't its exactly the same ****....Hell id even say blops is a better effort at a reformed CoD than what MW3 is...
I never said that MW3 would be any different from MW2. They will be the same with improvements, just like any other game and it's predecessor.

I'd honestly rather play CoD vs BF simply because of the "run and gun" atmosphere. BF takes a while to get into IMO, whereas you can jump in and out of a game of CoD a lot faster. Even between MW2 and BC2, I liked both but always found myself playing MW2 more because of the faster gameplay. But hey, it's just my opinion. Not like it matters around here any more.

I'm sure that BF3 will be a great game, but I'm just not that excited about it. I'm honestly more interested in the SP more than the MP.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-11, 06:18 PM   #28
Logical
Registered User
 
Logical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,523
Default Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 FAQs released

I see where your coming from, i am cod veteran myself but i have to say of all the PC CoD's i would put MW2 as the worst...It had potential but the lack of support for the PC version was the final straw. I had high hopes for MW3 because of the promises made but tbh it is sugar coated...

If you enjoyed past MW SP modes there is no doubt in my mind you will enjoy MW3, however speaking primarily of 'public' MP i dont see enough of a change from MW2...it seems that everything that made MW2 cack for PC has returned in MW3. IMO CoD4 PC will never be beaten by any other cod in terms of MP gameplay both public and competitive...

I will be keeping an eye out on how MW3 pans out for competitive play but with the locked cvars that allowed us to make cod4 so silky smooth with almost perfect bullet registration i can't see it taking off like CoD1, CoD2 or CoD4.

Edit: Actualy imo W@W was the worst cod for me, even with the consolitis of MW2 the gameplay was better than W@W.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-11, 06:51 PM   #29
dikinher
Grab em!
 
dikinher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Fullerton, CA.
Posts: 744
Default Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 FAQs released

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Yea I'm glad I didn't pre-order this. What a waste. Why would I pay $60 for MW2.1?

Honestly, what's new in this game? This is like a $60 map pack.
SSAO is new!

All jokes aside, there is nothing new and I bet their built-in SSAO is just as crappy as Nvidia's forceware implementation.
__________________
Windows 7 Pro 64 OS * i7 2600K @4.5Ghz * ASUS P8P67 PRO (B3) * 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X *
EVGA GTX 670 FTW Edition * Cooler Master HAF 932
dikinher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-11, 07:22 PM   #30
six_storm
Registered User
 
six_storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 11,575
Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
I see where your coming from, i am cod veteran myself but i have to say of all the PC CoD's i would put MW2 as the worst...It had potential but the lack of support for the PC version was the final straw. I had high hopes for MW3 because of the promises made but tbh it is sugar coated...

If you enjoyed past MW SP modes there is no doubt in my mind you will enjoy MW3, however speaking primarily of 'public' MP i dont see enough of a change from MW2...it seems that everything that made MW2 cack for PC has returned in MW3. IMO CoD4 PC will never be beaten by any other cod in terms of MP gameplay both public and competitive...

I will be keeping an eye out on how MW3 pans out for competitive play but with the locked cvars that allowed us to make cod4 so silky smooth with almost perfect bullet registration i can't see it taking off like CoD1, CoD2 or CoD4.

Edit: Actualy imo W@W was the worst cod for me, even with the consolitis of MW2 the gameplay was better than W@W.
I agree that MW1 was the best out of the series.

I'm kinda tired of hearing people complain about "consolitis". Let's just face it, devs are making games that are tended towards consoles, not PCs. Therefore, you will pretty much get a console level of quality no matter what you play on. Rage was the last straw for me and I'm not putting another penny towards PC gaming. Not to mention that there is no more tinkering is something I love. Just pop a disc in and play. I work on PCs all day long and the last thing I wanna do when I get home is tinker some more.

Back on topic, I'm really excited about MW3, especially now that I have a 360 and all of my friends will be playing as well.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-11, 07:54 PM   #31
Logical
Registered User
 
Logical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,523
Default Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 FAQs released

I have a 360 too but there is no way on this planet i would play an fps on it before i would with PC and that is simply down to the control method. For those that have never had the privelidge of playing a fps with mouse n keyboard then its not a biggie...

The last time i played an FPS on a console was Goldeneye for the N64, since then it has took all of 2 mins for me to try games such as halo's and CoD's with a joypad before i have gently put the pad down whilst muttering the word 'sacrilige' under my breath.

I didn't realise you were opting for the console version of MW3, in that case six_storm you will be in for a treat as far as console shooters go...
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-11, 09:21 PM   #32
K007
 
K007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Australia, Sydney
Posts: 9,406
Default Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 FAQs released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roliath View Post
What is elite? Not that I will be buying this but what is it? No ranked dedi servers makes total sense.

16GB seems rather large considering BF3 is only 12GB.
probably because its steam.

either way who cares...don't waste your money on this pile of ****.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-21-11, 09:36 PM   #33
six_storm
Registered User
 
six_storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 11,575
Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 FAQs released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
I have a 360 too but there is no way on this planet i would play an fps on it before i would with PC and that is simply down to the control method. For those that have never had the privelidge of playing a fps with mouse n keyboard then its not a biggie...

The last time i played an FPS on a console was Goldeneye for the N64, since then it has took all of 2 mins for me to try games such as halo's and CoD's with a joypad before i have gently put the pad down whilst muttering the word 'sacrilige' under my breath.

I didn't realise you were opting for the console version of MW3, in that case six_storm you will be in for a treat as far as console shooters go...
I still prefer KBM over a controller, but it's just no offered on the XBOX. Therefore I am adapting. We play BlackOps all the time at work (currently in a tournament) so it's a blast to play with friends.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-11, 11:15 PM   #34
Bman212121
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,726
Default Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 FAQs released

All kinds of hate already... I have to say that this might be the first one since MW I'll look at. It brings back most of the functionality and adds some new features. The max fps isn't really a big deal to me, the lack of lean isn't that important, and there never were mod tools for any of the other versions so it's not like you need them.

I can run my own private server for when friends come over for a lan party. Should be able to tweak things how we like them and not have to worry about who is randomly joining the server. It's a lot more fun to all be sitting in the same room with solid connections and no lag versus trying to find a server to play on that runs well for everyone and has open slots.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-11, 02:44 AM   #35
Roliath
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 FAQs released

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
probably because its steam.

either way who cares...don't waste your money on this pile of ****.
as if that needed to be said.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-11, 02:52 AM   #36
K007
 
K007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Australia, Sydney
Posts: 9,406
Default Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 FAQs released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roliath View Post
as if that needed to be said.
for $100USD....i dont think i was wrong.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.