Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

View Poll Results: Which game will you buy or have bought (this year) for PC ?
Battlefield 3 40 55.56%
Modern Warfare 3 3 4.17%
Both 8 11.11%
None 21 29.17%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-11, 02:38 PM   #37
Logical

Default Re: Which will you buy and play ? PC only poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
for those not getting either, why? not fps fans?
They could possibly be console players..
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-11, 03:05 PM   #38
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
They could possibly be console players..
Or I just don't want either...
Old 10-25-11, 03:20 PM   #39
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Or I just don't want either...
Thats 1, what about the other 16 ?
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-11, 03:43 PM   #40
Rummy

Rummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-11, 03:45 PM   #41
Rummy

Quote:
The vote is for this year, read the OP and poll title... i wont be buying MW3 this year but only when its on a steam sale, which will probably be never.
You're probably right about the sale I sure would like to play some MW3 with you though.
Rummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-11, 03:55 PM   #42
|MaguS|

Quote:
Thats 1, what about the other 16 ?
You can see who voted what and a lot of the people who voted none have been very vocal against consoles so I doubt that's their reasoning.
Old 10-25-11, 04:06 PM   #43
jkmetal

I hope Modern Warfare 3 has an arcade mode..
Old 10-25-11, 04:12 PM   #44
Kayden

BF3 here. I like team work in my mp games, more so then a lone gunman like COD. It makes the victory that much sweeter.
Koolance PC4-1036BK Liquid Cooled Aluminum Full Tower Case (Upgraded to displace 1320watt of heat) - Koolance 360 ver 1.2 CPU Water Block - PrimoChill ICE Non-Conductive Fluid - Asus P6X58D Premium - Intel I7 950 (OC to 4ghz) - Evga GTX580 FTW Hydro Copper 2 x2 for SLI - ENERMAX GALAXY 1000W - Corsair Dominator 6 GB 1600 XMP (OC to 1754)- Creative XFI Gamer - Klipsch 5.1 THX Cert Speakers - Pulsewave's Pulsar SX PC Gaming Headphones - Sata II WD 500GB, 2TB, 320GB & 1TB - Cyborg RAT 9 Wireless Mouse - Logitech G19 Keyboard - Logitech G13 Gameboard - Samsung Syncmaster PX2370 Monitor
Kayden is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-26-11, 12:19 AM   #45
Monolyth
Meow Mix Kills

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
Nobody around here really cares about the fun factor in games anymore TBH, it's mostly about graphics and performance. Take a look at the BF3 thread. Nobody has really said much about SP. I'm sure most PC gamers are just buying this for MP only.
Voted BF3 only, CoD just isn't my kind of game anymore.

The SP & co-op experience in BF3 is severely lacking but this is nothing new to people who have played BF for a long time. CoD has had the opportunity to focus very heavily on SP through the series, giving them a leg up on the SP experience.

MP is definitely the shiny golden goose of BF3, and for those who don't like the big battle experience well that's fine too each his own. Maybe something smaller scale (MW3) would be better.

I will tell you though I had a moment tonight that solidly reinforced my love of BF3 MP:
A buddy & I were basically running around Caspian Border taking care of all of the enemy air vehicles. But there was one time when we were moving around to take out a mobile AA vehicle and an enemy plane zips by. I pull out my heat-seeking shoulder-mounted SAM launcher, locked on and fired. The plane started into a hard turn to try and avoid the missile but it nailed him plumb in the engines and disabled his plane.

After the hit I hear my buddy (who is standing next to me in-game) go "yeah, nice hit!" over TS, and then we both go silent and notice that the dead-stick plane has somehow started to veer straight for us. All I hear over coms is "oh #$@(!", but it's too late and it's trajectory is locked in. As it continues it's dead-stick turn just mere fractions of a second away from careening into our pretty little faces the plane slams into a radio antenna and explodes in our faces in a fiery ball of awesomeness.

The next thing I hear over coms is, "omg, I wish we had Fraps running". I couldn't agree more...

So yeah...BF3 MP = awesome, I'd like to see CoD bring something to the table that tops that.

Storage 2.0
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD | Core i7 2600K @ 4.5Ghz NH-D14 | 16GB G.Skill@1600Mhz | Areca 1880ix-16 RAID HBA
Temp Storage - 1.8TB (4x450GB Hitachi 15k RPM SAS) | 18TB (12x3TB Hitachi RAID10) | HSPC Tech Station | Corsair HX620 | Windows 7 x64
Monolyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 12:27 AM   #46
mojoman0

gotta love those "battlefield moments"
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 12:28 AM   #47
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
Nobody around here really cares about the fun factor in games anymore TBH, it's mostly about graphics and performance. Take a look at the BF3 thread. Nobody has really said much about SP. I'm sure most PC gamers are just buying this for MP only.
The thing is though, the game is mainly for MP action. How many people here have actually had long discussions about the MP portions of games like Bioshock, STALKER, or Dead Space. Did those games have MP components? Sure. But no one cares because the SP experience is what is important in that case.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 12:57 AM   #48
ahheadlock

regarding SP, i'm playing through the SP of BF3 first and so far it's not bad. All the criticisms you can level at it, apply equally to COD. It's basically COD but with better graphics, sound, animation and physics. I think the problem is - there was potential for a lot more in the single player BF3 campaign. But instead they just did the same thing the competitor has been doing. Which you know, whatever. i dont care. haha. I'm enjoying it and then i get the benefits of the excellent MP.
ahheadlock is offline   Reply With Quote