Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

View Poll Results: Which game will you buy or have bought (this year) for PC ?
Battlefield 3 40 55.56%
Modern Warfare 3 3 4.17%
Both 8 11.11%
None 21 29.17%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-11, 09:53 AM   #49
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar
Default Re: Which will you buy and play ? PC only poll

I overheard a convo in the bathroom today between a few guys (these are all air force/army guys) one of them asking the other 2 if they'd picked up BF3 yet, him saying he was going to best buy at lunch to get it.

The other 2 were pretty much like "meh nah I'm waiting for MW3 as are all my buddies"

the other guy pretty much echoed that he was also going to just wait for MW3 and that all the guys deployed are telling people back over here to send copies of MW3 over to the desert when it comes out and that pretty much no one is expressing much interest in BF3.

I don't know if it's simply a matter of no one knowing what it is or what?? Maybe just the "MW2 was awesome so MW3 will be awesome" mentality.

Just from that conversation alone, it seems as though this is going to play out just like we assumed it would for the console players. It's going to take either word of mouth or actually seeing/sitting down an playing BF3 before people see that there are better alternatives to modern warfare out there.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 10:08 AM   #50
mojoman0

Yea I told my friend bf3 was coming out soon, 360 player and he's like psh battlefield sucks, then I showed him that Caspian border trailer and his head almost exploded
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 10:22 AM   #51
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
I overheard a convo in the bathroom today between a few guys (these are all air force/army guys) one of them asking the other 2 if they'd picked up BF3 yet, him saying he was going to best buy at lunch to get it.

The other 2 were pretty much like "meh nah I'm waiting for MW3 as are all my buddies"

the other guy pretty much echoed that he was also going to just wait for MW3 and that all the guys deployed are telling people back over here to send copies of MW3 over to the desert when it comes out and that pretty much no one is expressing much interest in BF3.

I don't know if it's simply a matter of no one knowing what it is or what?? Maybe just the "MW2 was awesome so MW3 will be awesome" mentality.

Just from that conversation alone, it seems as though this is going to play out just like we assumed it would for the console players. It's going to take either word of mouth or actually seeing/sitting down an playing BF3 before people see that there are better alternatives to modern warfare out there.
Don't eavesdrop on bathroom conversations, even if they are discussing who would win in a fight between nate and bigman
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 11:22 AM   #52
Logical

TBH if i was a dedicated console player i would also go with MW3 over BF3 simply because i would be at ease knowing that MW3 was created for my platform of choice and that BF3 was cut down from the superior PC version...In fact, like i have read numerous times over the internet, BF3 would be my main reason to switching to a PC from console.....
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 11:46 AM   #53
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
TBH if i was a dedicated console player i would also go with MW3 over BF3 simply because i would be at ease knowing that MW3 was created for my platform of choice and that BF3 was cut down from the superior PC version...In fact, like i have read numerous times over the internet, BF3 would be my main reason to switching to a PC from console.....
Regardless of platform, I like CoD over BF simply because I don't have a ton of time to dedicate to a game in one sitting like I used to. This is just my opinion, but I think it takes longer to accomplish anything in BF in just 10-20 minutes. This goes to the obvious statement of "Well BF has larger maps and vehicles!" and "If you have a decent squad, you can spawn on them!". Notice that's if you have a decent squad lol. In the same amount of time I could probably get 2-3 rounds of CoD in; just seems easier to jump in and out of a game. But again, just my opinion.

I will own both games soon enough for 360, but if history repeats itself (thinking of when I bought MW2 and BC2 at the same time), I will be putting in a lot more time in CoD than BF.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 05:51 PM   #54
ahheadlock

most of my console player mates are all keen on COD and less interested in BF3. I too showed them the caspian border trailer and they lost their minds. That picked up their interest in BF3 but they are all still guaranteed buys for COD. They all loved MW, MW2 and Black Ops, it's all they play. I think it's a case of they acknowledge that its just more of the same but that's what they want.
ahheadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 06:57 PM   #55
mojoman0

yea its like buying an apple product, sometimes its just fun to be part of the hype
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 07:25 PM   #56
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

As MW3 grows closer I'm getting a little more excited about it... I was surprised when a few of the guys I work with were talking about how much they wanted BF3, but I asked if they bought it yet and they said they were just waiting for MW3 now. Guess having a "beta" map that is just a linear hallway isn't the best choice.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote