Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-27-11, 11:21 AM   #25
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget
Default Re: Most frustrating game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Yup, because the MG42 or whatever it was in BC2 for the Medic wasn't completely overpowered. I mean, it isn't like people ONLY used that every game you went into, right? Oh... wait..
what other people use matters very little. try to focus on what YOU use, that's what counts
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-11, 01:57 PM   #26
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
what other people use matters very little. try to focus on what YOU use, that's what counts
Just saying the whole "BF games are perfectly balanced" statement was wrong.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-11, 02:06 PM   #27
mojoman0

nobody said anything like that. we just said all the guns have their strengths and weaknesses and that the unlocks arent superior to the guns you start out with, they have better stats in some areas, and worse stats in others. Blaming the weapons instead of yourself is just..immature
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-11, 06:53 PM   #28
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

But there were a few weapons that were CLEARLY better in every way to other weapons. Like the Gustov or whatever that rocket launcher was called. It was a nuke, basically. Or the MG42 (I think that was the one)... ANY medic that had it unlocked used it... there were no equal alternatives.
Old 10-27-11, 07:02 PM   #29
mojoman0

yea the gustav was a beyatch, balancing weapons is a hard job, but if the community is loud enough, DICE has a good record of fixing things like that
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-11, 02:25 AM   #30
Monolyth
Meow Mix Kills

Quote:
But there were a few weapons that were CLEARLY better in every way to other weapons. Like the Gustov or whatever that rocket launcher was called. It was a nuke, basically. Or the MG42 (I think that was the one)... ANY medic that had it unlocked used it... there were no equal alternatives.
Yeah but the guy wielding the Gustav had no ability to heal himself (hardcore only obv.), no ability to refresh his own ammo, no ability to call in mortar strikes. I speak as one who played an engineer heavily in BC2 & now again in BF3. However grouping us with people that can do those sorts of things and we become a wrecking ball.

Are some items OP? Maybe, but there will ALWAYS be OP/UP match-ups between weapons based on the situation. I would not expect someone with a sniper rifle to do well in close range combat against someone with a PDW.

I think a lot of people also forget that BF reduces damage based on distance more so than most other games. For instance you cannot shoot someone from 100+ yards away with a PDW of any kind and expect to do any amount of damage to a person. Take the same shot with a carbine, LMG or sniper and you'll get good -> great damage.

And also remember that suppression plays a very important role now to the point that someone under suppression cannot effectively cause damage due to misses / damage reduction. The only special case to this are the pistols which are not affected by suppression, which is why the guy who pulls out the pistol in a face to face fire fight wins, and also why pistols in some cases "appear" to be so powerful.

Storage 2.0
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD | Core i7 2600K @ 4.5Ghz NH-D14 | 16GB G.Skill@1600Mhz | Areca 1880ix-16 RAID HBA
Temp Storage - 1.8TB (4x450GB Hitachi 15k RPM SAS) | 18TB (12x3TB Hitachi RAID10) | HSPC Tech Station | Corsair HX620 | Windows 7 x64
Monolyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-11, 02:30 AM   #31
bob saget

Quote:
Just saying the whole "BF games are perfectly balanced" statement was wrong.
you don't even have a point you want all guns to be exactly the same? part of the fun of the game IS having weapons that are better and worse. exactly like the guy above me said. Some weapons are overpowered in some situations, and in some they suck balls. if you keep getting raped, dont blame the weapon if you are stupid enough to constantly get killed by Gustav, shooters are not for you. Stick with farmville.
Old 10-28-11, 03:16 AM   #32
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
you don't even have a point you want all guns to be exactly the same? part of the fun of the game IS having weapons that are better and worse. exactly like the guy above me said. Some weapons are overpowered in some situations, and in some they suck balls. if you keep getting raped, dont blame the weapon if you are stupid enough to constantly get killed by Gustav, shooters are not for you. Stick with farmville.
No, I don't want all guns to be the same. But saying guns are balanced when they CLEARLY had the ONE gun in a few classes that was CLEARLY superior to the other options is kind of stupid.

And yeah, being killed by a mobile nuclear missile is really dumb. I get it, you love Battlefield. I'll have my fun playing games where I don't just get camped on and have to run about 20 minutes before I find another person.

Old 10-28-11, 09:50 PM   #33
bob saget

Quote:
No, I don't want all guns to be the same. But saying guns are balanced when they CLEARLY had the ONE gun in a few classes that was CLEARLY superior to the other options is kind of stupid.

And yeah, being killed by a mobile nuclear missile is really dumb. I get it, you love Battlefield. I'll have my fun playing games where I don't just get camped on and have to run about 20 minutes before I find another person.
What exactly do you mean by balanced? Cause unless you mean that you want all guns to be identical, some are gonna be (clearly) better than others, and are gonna give you an advantage over others, but this will, at the most, 5% of the time. focus on getting better instead of blaming the game like i said before, the top players are at the top because of their skills, NOT because of the weapons they use.
Old 10-29-11, 07:17 AM   #34
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

I love that you just keep saying "get better", because I'm a beast at the game. A retarded 2 year old midget could beast at the game. Sit in a corner and use the overpowered weapons. GG, you win.
Old 10-29-11, 02:34 PM   #35
bob saget

Quote:
I love that you just keep saying "get better", because I'm a beast at the game. A retarded 2 year old midget could beast at the game. Sit in a corner and use the overpowered weapons. GG, you win.
Really? At BF3 and/or BC2? You can't camp for sh*t in those games AND win the round. If you camp but then lose the round, it is still a fail.
Old 10-29-11, 04:58 PM   #36
MowTin

R-Type for the Sega Master System

They don't make hard games anymore.

PS3 | Xbox 360
MowTin is offline   Reply With Quote