Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-27-11, 02:48 PM   #85
TPG
Unregistered User

Default Re: NVIDIA, please, fix Adobe Flash 10.2.x and 10.3.x

finally with 11,2,202,19 and nvidia-290.03 i have both rendering and decoding fully accelerated \o/
Old 10-28-11, 12:42 AM   #86
lexa2

Send a message via ICQ to lexa2 Send a message via Skype™ to lexa2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPG View Post
finally with 11,2,202,19 and nvidia-290.03 i have both rendering and decoding fully accelerated \o/
And what about bugs? X server and/or kernel hangs when using VDPAU? Flash content overlaying through black color key? Xlib warnings and errors due to flash player not behaving correctly with multithreaded accesses to Xlib? Heavy CPU utilization brining down even decent processors like Intel Core i5-2500K? Xinerama/TwinView vs. Fullscreen problems?
lexa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-11, 04:17 PM   #87
TPG
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexa2 View Post
And what about bugs? X server and/or kernel hangs when using VDPAU? Flash content overlaying through black color key? Xlib warnings and errors due to flash player not behaving correctly with multithreaded accesses to Xlib? Heavy CPU utilization brining down even decent processors like Intel Core i5-2500K? Xinerama/TwinView vs. Fullscreen problems?
I don't care. Honestly if you know something about *NIX architecture you wouldn't have bitchin' as you did.

You don't like, switch to Windows or HTML5 then.
Old 10-28-11, 07:33 PM   #88
tecknurd

Quote:
I agree, since some nVidia module version VDPAU has not work, so now VDPAU loses its functionality for me. At least H.264 is multi-threaded and I do not have to worry too much with VDPAU. Also using OpenGL for video playback is getting bad, so I am back to square one of using old API like XVideo.

I am using a different setup than Xinerama and TwinView. Each of my monitors are separate from each other, so there is no spanning when the video is put in fullscreen.

My computer uses a Core 2 Duo T7300 and it only have a problem when playing back 1080p and Flash content. I mainly use Flashblock for everything. Flash Player 9 works better than 10 and 11, but Adobe prefers to keep adding crap and after crap. Also Adobe prefers to be an ass of taking out XVideo which actually worked quite well for me compared to this OpenGL crap for Flash.

Adobe is the culprit of bad software development. Then nVidia has to create workarounds to make Flash work. The workarounds then make a functioning API turn to crap. Comparing Adobe Acrobat Reader to Okular, Okular is several times better because it is faster and feels more responsive.

I do believe that Ubuntu community made Linux become like crap. Linux functions great until Ubuntu came along.
tecknurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-11, 08:16 PM   #89
tecknurd

Quote:
I don't care. Honestly if you know something about *NIX architecture you wouldn't have bitchin' as you did.

You don't like, switch to Windows or HTML5 then.
I know a lot about Linux and I use it on a daily basis since 2004. Lately or since Ubuntu came along, Linux has turn to crap.

Using HTML5 is not any better. Actually it is slow. Switching back to Windows, is when pigs fly. I hate Windows now and it feels like Windows is for kids. If you are going to suggest anything about web design, suggest developing with HTML, Javascript, and CSS. HTML5 is just a version.

I am fed up with Adobe and nVidia.
tecknurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-11, 04:20 AM   #90
lexa2

Quote:
Thanks for showing the level of your competence, it's always good to have another reason to smile.
Old 10-29-11, 04:31 AM   #91
lexa2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecknurd View Post
... I am using a different setup than Xinerama and TwinView. Each of my monitors are separate from each other, so there is no spanning when the video is put in fullscreen.
Yeah, having separate X server instances per card's head isn't affected by Flash vs. fullscreen problems. Unfortunately it's not the best solution - it's simply not so convenient to use dual-screen setups that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecknurd View Post
...I do believe that Ubuntu community made Linux become like crap. Linux functions great until Ubuntu came along.
Despite I use Fedora-based LFS-like linux installation I had compiled from scratch myself I have no offense to the Ubuntu. It's better to have more popular linuxes out there (and filter out lame-fan-kiddies when participating in discussions on forum) than to have linux be the highly complicated piece of software that is only used by geeks from under the bridge.
Old 10-30-11, 03:18 AM   #92
one_and_only

I switched back to html5 once again, it got better since I tested last time, but I got tearing in full-screen. I'm using TwinView, and I set in nvidia-setting to sync xvideo to DFP-1. Does anybody got this working?
one_and_only is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-30-11, 07:09 PM   #93
XjCook

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_and_only View Post
I switched back to html5 once again, it got better since I tested last time, but I got tearing in full-screen. I'm using TwinView, and I set in nvidia-setting to sync xvideo to DFP-1. Does anybody got this working?
For me it's working set these variables in .profile:
Code:
export __VDPAU_NVIDIA_SYNC_DISPLAY_DEVICE="DFP-1"
export __GL_SYNC_TO_VBLANK=1
export __GL_SYNC_DISPLAY_DEVICE="DFP-1"
You may need run nvidia-settings on startup.
XjCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-11, 07:45 AM   #94
one_and_only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xj
Code:
export __VDPAU_NVIDIA_SYNC_DISPLAY_DEVICE="DFP-1"
export __GL_SYNC_TO_VBLANK=1
export __GL_SYNC_DISPLAY_DEVICE="DFP-1"
Thanks, that helped. Finally I can have full-screen video on one screen and do something else on another. BTW, shoudn't be VDPAU_NVIDIA_SYNC_DISPLAY_DEVICE without leading '__', should it?
one_and_only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-11, 04:48 AM   #95
kokoko3k

Quote:
Oh, been there some time ago. We do care. Adobe is not. My bugreports about Flash failing to properly detect and work on X11/Linux with dual-monitor setup and Xinerama extension were simply ignored and - after some period of time - silently deleted. Hope this one you had reported would be of a more success.
Oh man, you were right, they just closed that bug claiming it to be a duplicate, but it was clearly not.
Let's hope html5 will take the lead as soon as possible.
kokoko3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-11, 09:02 AM   #96
lexa2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokoko3k View Post
... they just closed that bug claiming it to be a duplicate, but it was clearly not....
Old bad Adobe, that's a typical move for them.